Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Yeah, I am pretty confused about the rules at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

But he still has to his the area that will be affected? I'm confused here even the slap to Akoya was right next to his eye the only thing I agree on is that he doesn't have to dig as deep as Muteba/Hanafusa have too but it's not like it really matters from a story perspective. All three fighters can poke someone to death if they tried.

There is a massive difference between "precisely jab your finger(s) into this pinprick sized acupuncture point under the correct angle and with enough force" and "just strike your opponent's body anywhere in the area vaguely adjacent to the body part you want to affect with (seemingly) any part of your own body". One is trivially easy to defend against, defending against the other one is almost impossible.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

The rules are similar to actual MMA with respect to hitting grounded opponents - you can have a brawl with both people on or near the ground as part of the interplay of grappling and fighting for position, but you cannot strike someone who is grounded and potentially being counted out. The judo match was both fighters ending up on the ground and then brawling to gain advantage from there; neither was in a "downed" position (inactive.) Murdercop is properly grounded here; Fake LeBanner is supposed to return to his metaphorical corner and wait for the ref to count Akoya out.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

There is a massive difference between "precisely jab your finger(s) into this pinprick sized acupuncture point under the correct angle and with enough force" and "just strike your opponent's body anywhere in the area vaguely adjacent to the body part you want to affect with (seemingly) any part of your own body". One is trivially easy to defend against, defending against the other one is almost impossible.

I don't want to make this a drawn out back and forth but I just looked up acupuncture points on the head and where Nicolas slapped Akoya is 1:1 the location of an acupuncture point. Depending on where you want to say the actual sting is he could have disbled Akoya's left ear or as we saw his eye. I still agree with you that he has a much lighter requirement to land his attacks and gain an effect. But the reality is that his stuff is also less overtly lethal and causes no pain compared to what Hanafusa and Muteba do. In a series filled with bullshit martial arts techniques he's not any better or worse than the people he's comparable too. And I do buy into the idea that this is only a real problem because of how Akoya's defense works. If this were Ohma or Sen, people that specialize in redirection Nicolas would be less a threat.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Plutonis posted:

Couldn't Akoya use his super reflexes to just punch that dude's arm before it connects

Le Banner also has super reflexes.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

GOOD NEWS! he isn't a worm, just SUPER hosed UP IN THE HEAD. Also Ayoka has activated his RIP AND TEAR MODE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
heres a link https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-107.html

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
And there are people ITT that don't like Akoya

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I'm sorry but Akoya isn't THE PROTAGONIST like Nicolas Le Banner is

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Ah, Justice Bite

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

In this case, Le Banner here might not have murdered his whole squad and all the civilians, but probably did a bunch of other war crimes.

Hoping they mutually murder each other

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

He’s a cop, not somethng sympathetic like a mercenary or a serial killer.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I feel like that was sort of a nothing flashback but maybe it'll pay off later. Come on Akoya, biting folks is a loser flag in this manga!

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Oh hello there Hiyama, I see that you still haven't learned a goddamn thing, how's that working out for you

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Akoya will lose, everyone who tried biting on this tournament took an L

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Caidin posted:

I feel like that was sort of a nothing flashback but maybe it'll pay off later. Come on Akoya, biting folks is a loser flag in this manga!

It was brought up on Reddit but Jean pretty much did the whole Resurrection thing that the Wu practice, and the dude did it by himself, without any clan techniques. He worshiped Nicholas to the point where after killing Nicholas, he brainwashed himself into believing he was Nicholas.

That's pretty impressive!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even though faux nicholas is a delusional war criminal, he's still not as loathsome as akoya. for all of the grim reaper rhetoric, the guy still joined a non-lethal underground fight organization and seems to have followed the rules about not killing. heck, he's not even as bad as the real nicholas.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even though faux nicholas is a delusional war criminal, he's still not as loathsome as akoya. for all of the grim reaper rhetoric, the guy still joined a non-lethal underground fight organization and seems to have followed the rules about not killing. heck, he's not even as bad as the real nicholas.

Excuse you. He IS the real Nicholas!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
When Akoya finishes eating Le Banner's head like an apple, he will become the new Nicholas Le Banner.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Kanos posted:

When Akoya finishes eating Le Banner's head like an apple, he will become the new Nicholas Le Banner.

:hmmyes:

At least we now know why the author went for a series of 1vs1 fights instead of more traditional tournament - it would be a foregone conclusion that Nicholas Le Banner would be the winner.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
If everyone is Nicholas Le Banner, then only Nicholas Le Banner can be the winner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its weird how heavily these arcs are revolving around identity. Like even when the characters aren't directly associated with the worm.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's weird, but I really like it.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

kazzy really needs to start feeding his fighters before a match

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

kazzy really needs to start feeding his fighters before a match

An Akoya doesn't normally tong feed, they only eat live prey they catch. You need to do regular weight monitoring to make sure your Akoya is keeping at a healthy weight and catching prey. Since calcium dusting can wear off before he catches his food, adding a supplement to his water is vital.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Chapter here but the last page is out if order. Doesn't spoil much but does ruin the flow

https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-108.html

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Why the gently caress didn't Lolong intervene on the previous fights? Also lol he finally left his seat

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm betting that Akoya and Le Banner become the best murder friends.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Why the gently caress didn't Lolong intervene on the previous fights? Also lol he finally left his seat

Honestly there was no time to react for any of them but Alissa was clearly trying to get them to stop for most of the match and I imagine even Lolong is tired of this poo poo. This is also the 3rd time we've seen him not sitting down.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

Chapter here but the last page is out if order. Doesn't spoil much but does ruin the flow

https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-108.html

Here's a better one https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/q30rlCk/1/1/

Guessing this'll either be a draw(and a 6/6 tie will happen and they'll pull reserve fighters for the final match) or Purgatory loses this one since one of theirs intervened or because Nicolas was DQed first.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 6, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Neither fighter died, neither fighter was disqualified first, and Lolong was asked to come down and separate them by the ref. I'm going for draw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

Here's a better one https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/q30rlCk/1/1/

Guessing this'll either be a draw(and a 6/6 tie will happen and they'll pull reserve fighters for the final match) or Purgatory loses this one since one of theirs intervened or because Nicolas was DQed first.

oh yeah lol the one i linked was even missing a page ffs

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

For as lovely Aokoya is, he puts out some good fights.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't see why nicholas should be punished. trying to kill akoya is perfectly reasonable. if anything, i'm surprised it isn't more popular.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Aokoya's fighting style is insanely badass it really is
Kinda wish instead of Muder Cop it was Murder Bronze Age Mace Wielder but oh well

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Plutonis posted:

Yes agree wtf this fight is awwwesome. I am absolutely loving it.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
The king's engine is roaring!!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Spoilers are out, the result of the match is a no contest

Next match is Nitoku vs Liu

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
my baseless guess is that nitoku will job like sen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Relin posted:

my baseless guess is that nitoku will job like sen

It's not really baseless. Nitoku already got a fight where he styled on his opponent and Lu here has a grudge and already flexed on everyone by shaking the stage. If anyone is going to job it's going to be him hands down.