Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Three team trade, Blazers receive David Nwaba, KCP and Frank Vogel, Lakers receive CJ, Rockets receive Stotts, Jason Kidd and a second round pick.

E: not necessarily a joke I would have started a page with but this is beyond my control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lockback posted:

A steal removes a possession from the other team (robbing them of an expected point) and gives you a possession (granting a point) not to mention that steals result in a better than average PPP because you are more likely to get a fast break/transition opportunity. So it's way more valuable than splitting free throws.

This is double counting, a steal ends a defensive possession just as though they had missed a shot or turned the ball over via a charge or traveling

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

This owns, the side-of-the-backboard perfect ricochet is the cherry on top.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If Philly flames out I could see a Ben for CJ trade.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Ben for CJ is something I could get behind

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm going to make a twitter bot that proposes different Ben Simmons for x player trades

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

u could just follow me

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

u could just follow me

Lol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

kingcobweb posted:

This is double counting, a steal ends a defensive possession just as though they had missed a shot or turned the ball over via a charge or traveling

Yes, getting a charge or guaranteeing a player will miss AND you'll secure the rebound are both really valuable too (more so than giving up your possession for split freethrows), with the steal having the advantage of having a higher PPP on the offensive possession.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

I'm going to make a twitter bot that proposes different Ben Simmons for x player trades

Just use Kylie Jenner’s

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Lockback posted:

It's not. Average team scores a bit more than a point per possession, 2 FTs uses a possesion so a team that does nothing but split free throws as their offense is the worst offense in the league. Half-court offense is a bit under a point so in that case splitting free throws is a positive, but not by much.

A steal removes a possession from the other team (robbing them of an expected point) and gives you a possession (granting a point) not to mention that steals result in a better than average PPP because you are more likely to get a fast break/transition opportunity. So it's way more valuable than splitting free throws.

Guys who shoot under 50% from the line are frequently fouled on purpose, to give you an idea on how little value there is to only splitting free throws.

This is more or less correct, but also why I weaseled in the whole "in a vacuum" thing.

In a vacuum, you don't have another possession.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I can't seem to find a CJ trade that doesn't come out negative for both teams in the calculator but this seems to be the best one that would actually help the Blazers get a defensive backcourt presence. Does take a remarkable amount of finagling to get around whatever salary matching algorithm the calculator has.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what's the conversion rate on Hero Points to Net Points

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Zogo, how many hero points is one point

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ok, which one of you is this?
(Be sure to read the description)

https://tradenba.com/trades/Aj8f3LlRZ

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Some more blazers poo poo-

https://theathletic.com/2570580/2021/05/06/are-these-blazers-better-than-the-2019-conference-finalists-dont-throw-water-on-the-idea/

Important takeaway for me (a homer and moron)

A genius posted:

But before you dismiss this year’s team, consider: In the 22 games since Nurkic returned to the starting lineup after missing 10 weeks with a broken wrist, the Blazers are 17th in defense, first in offense and have the sixth-best net rating (5.1) in the NBA. That conference finals team ranked 16th in defense and third in offense.

Go blazers!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

old man thad caught a body in charlotte
https://twitter.com/DevinMKeller/status/1390470136931434496?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

cody zeller is the most impressively Balding man in the NBA since manu

you should be able to select the time Manu had the long hair with the giant bald spot AKA the Fried Egg hair style in a 2K game.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 7, 2021

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
^Absolutely, I also would like the long Chris Kaman receding hairline look

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I think I found one of the most desperate for clicks Tweets ever. https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1390395418031370240?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The lack of respect Gobert gets is astonishing

He must be really rude to writers I don’t get it

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I think I found one of the most desperate for clicks Tweets ever. https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1390395418031370240?s=19

Since LeBron's been injured Nick can't argue for him as MVP over Jokic so he has to choose another horse to tie himself to, so why not LeBron's best friend?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Senator Drinksalot posted:

^Absolutely, I also would like the long Chris Kaman receding hairline look

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Phoenix has a better record then Denver

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

euphronius posted:

The lack of respect Gobert gets is astonishing

He must be really rude to writers I don’t get it
He won't win and he shouldn't, it's not really worth caring whether he finishes 9th or w/e.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spring Break My Heart posted:

He won't win and he shouldn't, it's not really worth caring whether he finishes 9th or w/e.

Bizarre

I don’t get it at all

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

Since LeBron's been injured Nick can't argue for him as MVP over Jokic so he has to choose another horse to tie himself to, so why not LeBron's best friend?

Life as the discount Skip Bayless is rough

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
they will regret this
https://twitter.com/sixers/status/1390399892447711233?s=19

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Please Dallas; you hosed up with Roby over Gafford.

Give me this; just for a little bit.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/anthonyvslater/status/1390484263724748802?s=21

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Curious if it's B.1.1.7 or B.1.351.

The B.1.351 variant is a little worrisome, especially if the clusterfuck that is India produces a variant with more mutations. At this point it seems that it will avoid humoral immunity pretty well in vitro ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7899476/ ), but it seems to not be as evasive in vivo ( https://science.thewire.in/health/studies-say-pfizer-vaccine-very-effective-against-b-1-1-7-b-1-351-variants/ ).

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Dear god

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

e: wrong thread

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 7, 2021

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Potentially in Luka's defense - how many young slovenian children pay attention to US politics really? Maybe??

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I Before E posted:

I can't seem to find a CJ trade that doesn't come out negative for both teams in the calculator but this seems to be the best one that would actually help the Blazers get a defensive backcourt presence. Does take a remarkable amount of finagling to get around whatever salary matching algorithm the calculator has.

the trade machine win calculator has been broken for a while. This site works. You can also see the genius level trades the average fellow is making

https://tradenba.com/trades/iPxIvMBVN

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

To Luka’s credit after the game Barkley asked if it gave him motivation to have Dirk and GWB in the audience and he responded saying how much Dirk being there meant to him as a Euro who watched him growing up and said nothing about Bush so I don’t think he’s super psyched to meet his war criminal hero in this picture

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hirsute posted:

Potentially in Luka's defense - how many young slovenian children pay attention to US politics really? Maybe??

I don’t care do u?

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Hirsute posted:

Remember this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

They would probably be pissed if it was Clinton since he bombed the poo poo out of Bosnia