Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

i want to make an iwc crusader twitter what should my gimmick be

t-bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Maybe they’ll WWE book it into a 3 way

another loving charlotte 3-way???

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn't read the entire thread up to this point after what I posted, just the rest of the page, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because it seems like everyone else likes Max Caster and literally all I see/hear is "Off-Brand Thuganomics Cena"

I'm willing to acknowledge I'm in the minority here and kinda shrug but I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

darby is selling a badly fugged up shoulder on-line. hopefully next week's match isn't an all-out squash to sell it better. give em 10 at least

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I didn't read the entire thread up to this point after what I posted, just the rest of the page, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because it seems like everyone else likes Max Caster and literally all I see/hear is "Off-Brand Thuganomics Cena"

I'm willing to acknowledge I'm in the minority here and kinda shrug but I feel like I'm losing my mind.

you don't like anyone but dean ambrose

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't know what to say, Max Castor just owns. The Cuomo line rings in my head a lot and it makes me smile. The Acclaimed add a texture to the tag scene that I appreciate. Cody and QT own.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Also Bowens intro is doing a lot of heavy lifting on their entrance

The Acclaimed own and i can't wait to see them in some big time feuds

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I've never seen a John Cena match prior to the Punk MitB match so there's no reference point for me there. Making fun of people's dead relatives in a trashy manner is the type of tasteless wrestling poo poo I enjoy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

[replaces your crazy pills with a less inconsiderate placebo] remember when AEW used to advertise castor synthetic motor oil in the 90s. ah poo poo. that was castrol. Castrol GTX graphics cards

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

[replaces your crazy pills with a less inconsiderate placebo] remember when AEW used to advertise castor synthetic motor oil in the 90s. ah poo poo. that was castrol. Castrol GTX graphics cards

what the gently caress did you just do to me

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I also think the acclaimed are just corny and lame like the dynamic dudes but they rap poorly instead of skate poorly

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

YJ Stinger. Catch the buzz, feel the sting.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Where the gently caress is Private Party and no i'm not watching dark 1 or dark 2, I want to see them on the real show.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Where the gently caress is Private Party and no i'm not watching dark 1 or dark 2, I want to see them on the real show.

dark and dark elevation are real shows, emf

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

other peoples stories are taking precedence.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
There's only one thing that I hate and its a bunch of crap
I hate PAC.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Check out what Big Bick Tony is doing for people during the pandemonium https://seniorhousingnews.com/2014/08/19/aew-expands-portfolio-new-371-million-senior-housing-fund/

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

dark and dark elevation are real shows, emf

I don't know, people all the time talk about just putting dark on to listen to the commentary like it's a podcast here. I won't watch the other because I have hated the Big Show for over a decade and I can't stop it. Dark Order has like 11 members they should be having matches on Dynamite at least 3 times a month.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

They haven't been around since 4/22, if we ignore Dark and Dark: Elevation. Right now, I think that because of everything happening on Dynamite, they can't get on since the House of Hardy vs Dark Order storyline seems done, at least from what it looks like according to cagematch, and settled on Dark or Dark: Elevation.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The key difference for me is that Caster is both funnier and much much weirder than Thuganomics John Cena. And can actually rap. If Thuganomics Cena was Marky Mark, Caster is Fatlip from Ya Mama era Pharcyde.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lamuella posted:

The key difference for me is that Caster is both funnier and much much weirder than Thuganomics John Cena. And can actually rap. If Thuganomics Cena was Marky Mark, Caster is Fatlip from Ya Mama era Pharcyde.

Cena is definitely marky mark, but Caster is loving MC Chris or Hopsin just super lame

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

nah

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

foochs do you really want to be in the same boat as emf

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/4hNS0HtfprM

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Dimebags Brain posted:

I've never seen a John Cena match prior to the Punk MitB match so there's no reference point for me there. Making fun of people's dead relatives in a trashy manner is the type of tasteless wrestling poo poo I enjoy.
Depending on who he was feuding with, Cena had a habit of cracking racist and homophobic jokes because in the 2000s that poo poo was hilarious (see: Excalibur's PWG commentary)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

When Stephanie was slapping the poo poo out of Paul White and going "you gonna cry you big fat loving baby?" I was marking out and hooting and hollering. They should do that with Paul White in AEW he should also have to wear the New Years diaper and he can reveal his next big signing by unwrapping the contents of his diaper live on PPV, and it'll be Lars Sullivan in a fetal position in there.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Eat My Fuc posted:

but Caster is loving MC Chris

lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Reasons to like Max Caster:

- He reps Tegan and Sara on the reg
- He wants to abolish ICE
- He excessive bisexual sitting on Outside the Ring
- He's really loving weird
- He has great comic timing and delivery
- His rap material isn't flawless but when it lands it loving lands
- He also often has really good ad-libs after
- He's improving in the ring at a decent pace

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I get up to check on dinner when The Acclaimed are on. I just can't begin to enjoy their work and they come across as the kids whose parents don't pay enough attention so they scream curse words until everybody's looking at them.

So, pretty much Trump. Which you'd think would make me want to see them get beat, but I just can't begin to care beyond wanting the edgelord teenagers who don't know poo poo to stop reminding me of being an edgelord teenager who didn't know poo poo.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Caster is the best example of how AEW allows talent to really work out their problems. The way Caster approaches pre-match raps has definitely changed for the better, with much less reliance on the sort of crude humor that made the Bucks one so controversial and more varied ways of approaching the idea of "I rule, you suck, I'm going to beat you". Plus Bowens is just an all around delight.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yep thats what the Acclaimed do, scream curse words

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

LividLiquid posted:

I get up to check on dinner when The Acclaimed are on. I just can't begin to enjoy their work and they come across as the kids whose parents don't pay enough attention so they scream curse words until everybody's looking at them.

So, pretty much Trump. Which you'd think would make me want to see them get beat, but I just can't begin to care beyond wanting the edgelord teenagers who don't know poo poo to stop reminding me of being an edgelord teenager who didn't know poo poo.

source your'e quotes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i know when i see an openly gay black man, the first thing i think of is Donald Trump

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

They're good wrestlers who do an insult rap when they come to the ring, and Max is kind of a weirdo. If you don't like it you don't like it but jeez.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

LividLiquid posted:

It’s like we are watching completely different performers...That doesn’t sound like Acclaimed at all, at least not since, like, their FIRST week on TV

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

LividLiquid posted:

I get up to check on dinner when The Acclaimed are on.
same but for your posts

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bro I hate the Acclaimed but comparing them to Trump is loving absurd. They're just goofy and lame and uncool presented as cool, they're not bad people or reminiscent of horrific fascists what the hell.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

they aren't even presented as cool!!!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the acclaimed should just rap about how wrestling is fake and then how Bryan Jr's dad is in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
remember when nakazawa was trying to stuff the oil bottle into the turnbuckle while the acclaimed's music played

lol