Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

yea ok posted:

they aren't even presented as cool!!!

Anthony Bowens has never done anything wrong and is extremely cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I mute the raps and it has allowed me to appreciate them as a good and fun tag team, and/or singles performers. They have good synergy and good chemistry, and emote well.

Cavauro posted:

[replaces your crazy pills with a less inconsiderate placebo] remember when AEW used to advertise castor synthetic motor oil in the 90s. ah poo poo. that was castrol. Castrol GTX graphics cards
This is beautiful work.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

LividLiquid posted:

I get up to check on dinner when The Acclaimed are on. I just can't begin to enjoy their work and they come across as the kids whose parents don't pay enough attention so they scream curse words until everybody's looking at them.

So, pretty much Trump. Which you'd think would make me want to see them get beat, but I just can't begin to care beyond wanting the edgelord teenagers who don't know poo poo to stop reminding me of being an edgelord teenager who didn't know poo poo.

the amount of stuff you're projecting on them is just fuckin wild holy hell

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
lividliquid is right. if you like the acclaimed, you like trump. do better.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
max caster is the best rapper alive.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
just lmao at calling them "edgelord teenagers". can we go back to bitching about the ending to b&g

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Remember when the Acclaimed came out and rapped "Young Cucks you can't beat us you're laughable, Trump really won we gotta storm the capital". Disgusting.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Remember when the Acclaimed came out and rapped "Young Cucks you can't beat us you're laughable, Trump really won we gotta storm the capital". Disgusting.

lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Max Caster is one of the hardest working dudes in AEW. He makes the most out of everything he's given.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

goddamnit lmao

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

every time i feel like beating your rear end you give me a good smile.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

lmao

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

every time i feel like beating your rear end you give me a good smile.

Just having some fun with my PSP pals

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
EMF teased another heelturn but it was all a swerve bro

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

:popeye:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It continues to strike me how much strength there is in the younger part of the AEW roster. The tag match alone had the same number of wrestlers under 30 as the entire WWE roster.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Eat My Fuc posted:

When Max Caster said "SCU prepare to eat the fall, 'cause where we go one we go all", I felt that

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

You know now that you mention it I did find it odd when they rhymed "y'all have let yourself go" with "Hillary died in Guantanamo" on Elevation

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm here to rehash the joke someone made
the acclaimed are both 30+ i'm afraid

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

speaking of SCU I have genuinely no idea what the direction will be for who beats the Bucks. I don't want Mox/Kingston to hold the belts, just doesn't really fit. I'm thinking Best Friends?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it might be time for jurassic express

they're ranked 2, always booked strong, especially JB as singles, and Luchasaurus is mega over and has one of the best hot tags in the company imo, let's do it baby

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

speaking of SCU I have genuinely no idea what the direction will be for who beats the Bucks. I don't want Mox/Kingston to hold the belts, just doesn't really fit. I'm thinking Best Friends?
BF and P&P both have stories going that could push them up there, but I'm feeling the Bucks are planning a very long reign.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I Before E posted:

You know now that you mention it I did find it odd when they rhymed "y'all have let yourself go" with "Hillary died in Guantanamo" on Elevation

it's unfair to use elevation as a joke, nobody trustworthy watches that show to verify

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

it might be time for jurassic express

they're ranked 2, always booked strong, especially JB as singles, and Luchasaurus is mega over and has one of the best hot tags in the company imo, let's do it baby

Yeah no one's got more to gain from toppling the Bucks than Jungle Boy, it's got to be him

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

They don't do Trumpesque raps on Elevation. Elevation is Pod Save America territory. "My god, Paul, Miro threw Will Allday out of the ring harder than we threw that frickin' cheeto out of the dang White House"

Meanwhile next week the hosts of Trashfuture are doing guest commentary on Dark.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rarity posted:

Yeah no one's got more to gain from toppling the Bucks than Jungle Boy, it's got to be him

Jurassic Express winning would put over JB massive but I'd really love PnP getting the shot as well, if only because they'd dish out a really bloodthirsty beating. I don't see Jurassic Express being guys who would bust people open lol.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i would certainly prefer a PnP title reign, knowing that there are multiple teams in the company that they can and have had great matches with.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I am ready and waiting for the white hot monster face P&P run. I know they're wrapped up with Pinnacle for now, but these are guys that crowds have been itching to applaud for a long time.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Y'all, when somebody says why they don't enjoy a thing, you don't need to act like the #1 show on cable on Wednesdays is going to be cancelled unless the group as a whole on one tiny forum shouts to that person why their entirely subjective experience of a thing is wrong.

An act whose premise is being edgelord douchebags rubs me the wrong way because I was an edgelord douchebag and seeing it isn't in any way entertaining to me. I put that poo poo on the tin. I didn't hide it.

It's one act I don't enjoy for several reasons and I'm allowed to not enjoy it. Jesus gently caress. Join a cult.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lamuella posted:

I am ready and waiting for the white hot monster face P&P run. I know they're wrapped up with Pinnacle for now, but these are guys that crowds have been itching to applaud for a long time.
In theory the Pinnacle means a feud with FTR that could move their station back up, and feels like the bare minimum amount of time before the bucks give up the titles. I really don't feel like they're doing it soon.

I have been wondering if AEW is going to go full heel champions in preparation for touring and then shed them one by one to nuclear pops at major events.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

classic

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Y'all, when somebody says why they don't enjoy a thing, you don't need to act like the #1 show on cable on Wednesdays is going to be cancelled unless the group as a whole on one tiny forum shouts to that person why their entirely subjective experience of a thing is wrong.

An act whose premise is being edgelord douchebags rubs me the wrong way because I was an edgelord douchebag and seeing it isn't in any way entertaining to me. I put that poo poo on the tin. I didn't hide it.

It's one act I don't enjoy for several reasons and I'm allowed to not enjoy it. Jesus gently caress. Join a cult.

yep thats what happened here

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

LividLiquid posted:

quoting for posterity

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm a Nielsen Family Household and i get paid $2 a month to write "Max Caster sucks" on a postage paid ballot

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

are the acclaimed in the room with you right now?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

yes, lividliquid, everyone else is overreacting

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

You are living in a separate reality lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lots of people in this thread have expressed not liking The Acclaimed. People have agreed and disagreed reasonably in the main.

Not a lot of people in this thread have called them "pretty much Trump"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

smarxist posted:

i'm a Nielsen Family Household and i get paid $2 a month to write "Max Caster sucks" on a postage paid ballot

yeah but which demo are you in?