Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

EVERY resident evil game is great except for 5 which is 4 but worse and 6 which genuinely felt like it was made by children

Sorry to be the one to have to tell you this, but 5 is good and 6 is also good, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I've never particularly been down with Resident Evil games before, for a variety of personal reasons, but there's something so compelling about this endearingly dimwitted bad luck charm that has me entranced.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sorry to be the one to have to tell you this, but 5 is good and 6 is also good, actually.

I mean if you like them who am i to change your mind, I've completed most REs multiple times but 6 just felt i dunno, a bit off. I only played Leons campaign though so I'm not the judge

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I played the first 10 minutes of re7 and it's really not for me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
6 was just utter madness. I can get liking it, but it felt like playing a videogame of a ten year old yelling what cool poo poo happened next at you.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

JollyBoyJohn posted:

EVERY resident evil game is great except for 5 which is 4 but worse and 6 which genuinely felt like it was made by children

5 definitely isn't as good as 4 but the co-op really elevates it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

JBP posted:

6 was just utter madness. I can get liking it, but it felt like playing a videogame of a ten year old yelling what cool poo poo happened next at you.

Sounds like it could be fun, just gotta be in the right mood for something like that. Never played it, but I hear it's just over the top RE craziness.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I played resident evil 1 2 3 and the remakes of all three and code Veronica x.

I tried 4 and 5 and 6 but they were not for me.

I am partway through seven.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
5 us the only one I e loved so far. 4 was meh. 7 was okay. Haven't played 6.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

JBP posted:

yeah it owned.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

resident evil 8 physical disc has been taken out of its steelbook and is inside my sony playstation 5

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Anyone who 5 starred all the mercenaries missions in RE4 is a drat hero in my eyes

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Anyone who 5 starred all the mercenaries missions in RE4 is a drat hero in my eyes

would you like my autograph

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vikar Jerome posted:

would you like my autograph

No just your memory card plz

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

10 mins untils (i bet worldwide release date) reveal for judgment 2, lets go go go go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBnV_BiZckE

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yo the new judgement has tak go to high school and all the minigames are him advising clubs
This poo poo is gonna own

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I’m not sure you realise how good that makes it sound

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Yo the new judgement has tak go to high school and all the minigames are him advising clubs
This poo poo is gonna own

global fuckiong lauaaaaanch

gonna own hard. stakeboarding mini game looked sick, looked like you could just whip it out anywhere

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I've done it a few times and it's neither as much fun nor as skill-dependant as it sounds. Most of it comes down to wrangling a huge group of enemies towards a score multiplier and killing them all with a grenade right after popping it. If you're going through them without an overarching strategy, killing enemies as they appear and doing it as fast as possible to maintain your combo multiplier, it's nigh impossible to get five stars.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

JordanKai posted:

I've done it a few times and it's neither as much fun nor as skill-dependant as it sounds. Most of it comes down to wrangling a huge group of enemies towards a score multiplier and killing them all with a grenade right after popping it. If you're going through them without an overarching strategy, killing enemies as they appear and doing it as fast as possible to maintain your combo multiplier, it's nigh impossible to get five stars.

Man i sure banged my head against it, it was always 5 stars with Wesker on the level on the floating base that me and a friend struggled with.

Really we just wanted the hand cannon to justify another playthrough lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

hyped as gently caress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBIGVew6Yo

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010

RGG planning global launches on their future games is so awesome. Very pumped for this one.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1390674330254643200?s=20

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Not sure how I feel about this. I still haven't played Like a Dragon, so I have no idea how it is, but I've heard mixed things about the combat.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It's cool but I burned out hard. They've gotta find a way to make the battles less tedious.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Like A Dragon's RPG battle system is really rudimentary and not that fleshed out. I liked that game but there's a ton I'd change about it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yakuza 7 is the only one in the series I had to grind trash mobs to move on in the story. It really put a bad taste in my mouth.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

GreenNight posted:

Yakuza 7 is the only one in the series I had to grind trash mobs to move on in the story. It really put a bad taste in my mouth.

Would it be better to just play through on the easiest difficulty then?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

GreenNight posted:

Actually I think you'll find that was a subtle nod to the cult classic series "Dragon Quest" wherein the only way to succeed in the 80s and 90s iterations was to grab your turbo controller and waste your time puttering into trash mobs. Truly masterful ludonarrative implementation

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

BisterdDave posted:

Not sure how I feel about this. I still haven't played Like a Dragon, so I have no idea how it is, but I've heard mixed things about the combat.

It's good in general, but you can tell they could've used more time to balance it, which makes sense given that the switch to RPG format was made late-ish in development. Makes me hopeful for what they can do for the next one, if any developer iterates well on systems it's RGG

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

Would it be better to just play through on the easiest difficulty then?

I'm pretty sure I did. And I know how to grind, I don't play Yakuza games for that. I platted DQ11.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

JBP posted:

That sounds like Platinum Games development process so I guess RE6 owns

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I swear theres no ps5 stock as long as I have the stock tracker page up, but as soon as I forget to pull it back up after doing a restart for one reason or another sure enough there ends up being stock, it's happened 3 times already I'm starting to think it's a sign.

BisterdDave posted:

it sort of blows my mind that I've watched, in despair, many of my favorite turn based rpg franchises slowly all become ARPGs. meanwhile yakuza is over here switch to turn based.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 7, 2021

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you seriously want one the best way is to follow an alert Twitter account that also runs a Discord, you get alerts within seconds of them dropping then.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

If you seriously want one the best way is to follow an alert Twitter account that also runs a Discord, you get alerts within seconds of them dropping then.

I do want one, but evidently not enough to make a twitter account or a discord account.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I swear theres no ps5 stock as long as I have the stock tracker page up, but as soon as I forget to pull it back up after doing a restart for one reason or another sure enough there ends up being stock, it's happened 3 times already I'm starting to think it's a sign.
can you link the stock tracker? i didn't see it in the op, wario64's feed is too full of garbage and the twitter account i was looking at that's dedicated to ps5 stock updates didn't even show the ones from yesterday

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

fridge corn posted:

I played the first 10 minutes of re7 and it's really not for me

It still might not be for you, but using the first ten minutes to judge it isn’t very effective since the first hour is pretty much a hide and seek horror game and then the whole rest of the game is classic RE in first person.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

butt dickus posted:

can you link the stock tracker? i didn't see it in the op, wario64's feed is too full of garbage and the twitter account i was looking at that's dedicated to ps5 stock updates didn't even show the ones from yesterday

sure here you go.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Re8 owns and i've only just got to the village. Ps5 doing the work

Well, re engine too but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

veni veni veni posted:

It still might not be for you, but using the first ten minutes to judge it isn’t very effective since the first hour is pretty much a hide and seek horror game and then the whole rest of the game is classic RE in first person.

Lady Corn was interested in it but didnt want to play it by herself so we might end up revisiting it :shobon: