Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Hirsute posted:

Potentially in Luka's defense - how many young slovenian children pay attention to US politics really? Maybe??

Yeah this is a pic of a TX icon/figurehead much more than it is a pic with GWII the unpopular U.S. president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I once booed Bush throwing out the first pitch at a Rangers game while dressed as a penguin. I did not hear any other boos and the Rangers would go on to lose the game.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

the trade machine win calculator has been broken for a while. This site works. You can also see the genius level trades the average fellow is making

https://tradenba.com/trades/iPxIvMBVN

Thanks for the heads up

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Curious if it's B.1.1.7 or B.1.351.

The B.1.351 variant is a little worrisome, especially if the clusterfuck that is India produces a variant with more mutations. At this point it seems that it will avoid humoral immunity pretty well in vitro ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7899476/ ), but it seems to not be as evasive in vivo ( https://science.thewire.in/health/studies-say-pfizer-vaccine-very-effective-against-b-1-1-7-b-1-351-variants/ ).

In this video he describes his symptoms. It sounds rough.

https://twitter.com/anthonyvslater/status/1390487386493112325?s=21

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

The lack of respect Gobert gets is astonishing

He must be really rude to writers I don’t get it

People don't care about bigs unless they're dunking big or blocking a lot. Really good defense is only respected for guards and only back in the lame rear end 90s. This is of course the correct way to think and the one thing the masses have gotten right.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

His father also knew a shooter in Dallas

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
We are close to a Lakers/Warriors play-in game.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Bobby Digital posted:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Please eliminate the Lakers

(From the earth)

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Athanatos posted:

I think it’s clear the fix is in for LA vs LA first round

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Bobby Digital posted:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Bobby Digital posted:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
If doncic is Oswald who is his kennedy

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Hirsute posted:

If doncic is Oswald who is his kennedy

Cuban if Doncic ever demands a trade.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bobby Digital posted:

the T.J. Warren report

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The real shooter on the Nerlens Noel.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
You guys are being silly. The only real NBA conspiracy was the Olajuwan championships. Like mankind could ever get a Rocket that far. The entire 1994 and 1995 finals were shot on a cheap sound stage.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Bobby Digital posted:

Absolutely

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Rick posted:

The real shooter on the Nerlens Noel.

:golfclap:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1390534810339143682?s=19

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Athanatos posted:

I'm a bad person because part of me wants to see the Lakers and Warriors knock out the Jazz and Suns round 1.

I don't think we'll see 4 first round upsets this year, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a bunch of close series in both conferences.

Think of some of the fun series we can get:

Lakers/Suns, Jazz/Warriors, Blazers/Clips, Mavs/Nuggets

In the East, we could see:

76ers/Hornets or Wiz, Heat/Bucks, Knicks/Hawks, Celts/Nets. I kind of want Knicks/Celts and Hawks/Nets though.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

What does this mean? NBA thread switches to subtle conspiracy theories. First i'm going to google Bush/Kennedy then i'm going to make up a few reasons why Lebron is missing.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

jackofarcades posted:

I'm a bad person because part of me wants to see the Lakers and Warriors knock out the Jazz and Suns round 1.

I don't think we'll see 4 first round upsets this year, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a bunch of close series in both conferences.

Think of some of the fun series we can get:

Lakers/Suns, Jazz/Warriors, Blazers/Clips, Mavs/Nuggets

In the East, we could see:

76ers/Hornets or Wiz, Heat/Bucks, Knicks/Hawks, Celts/Nets. I kind of want Knicks/Celts and Hawks/Nets though.

I have seen the warriors first round upset predicted by so many people and everyone spending all season talking about how terrible the warriors are and then turning around and talking about them like it's 2016 again when it comes to a hypothetical jazz series is weird

MourningView fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 7, 2021

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Fine the Lakers for tanking.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MourningView posted:

I have seen the warriors first round upset predicted by so many people and everyone spending all season talking about how terrible the warriors are and then turning around and talking about them like it's 2016 again when it comes to a hypothetical jazz series is weird

Usually 8th seeds don't have guys putting up regular 37+ point games. I don't think its likely but they have a lot bigger shot because of Curry than usual 1/8 series.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Usually 8th seeds don't have guys putting up regular 37+ point games. I don't think its likely but they have a lot bigger shot because of Curry than usual 1/8 series.

He's been doing that all year and the result has been them being terrible.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

chilihead posted:

What does this mean? NBA thread switches to subtle conspiracy theories. First i'm going to google Bush/Kennedy then i'm going to make up a few reasons why Lebron is missing.

LeBronAnon

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

MourningView posted:

I assume the Jazz would win in 4 or 5, it would just be slightly more exciting than a normal round just because the possibility of Steph dropping 60

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Bobby Digital posted:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Over the course of the season, the Pels have moved from the bottom right to the top left corner of this chart:

https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/1390645047549468674?s=20

Team is weird.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Kibner posted:

Over the course of the season, the Pels have moved from the bottom right to the top left corner of this chart:

Team is weird.

I'm a big fan of OKC being indicated somewhere beyond the boundaries of the graph.

Also I note the Raptors in the top right quadrant.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Lakers-bulls-pistons is a funny grouping there

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Kibner posted:

Team is weird.

The Heat have done the opposite.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Blazers D seems to have been boosted since Nurk is back.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Nobody wants to play the wizards.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1390495961131233280?s=19

💅

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If Philly has to play Washington in the postseason Washington should be favored. Beal will average 60 a game.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I am now a Westbrook supporter. His run with the Wizards has been really entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/brianseltzer/status/1390684984227377154?s=21

Matisse is the true DPOY