Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope Dr San's twin brother is a legitimate medical professional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

That contract video was a good move, a nice in-universe way to be able to do VFA stuff under the HEI banner. They'll get a ton of mileage out of Tim undermining the contract and generally holding it over Gregg's head too.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Detective No. 27 posted:

I will always cherish the memories of seeing a live Neil Hamburger performance at a bar. He spent the first ten minutes asking if there were any (ethnicity) in the audience, one by one, with the punchline being "well I heard this this bar served mixed drinks."

It's so hard to believe that was Gregg.

yeah pretty sure he only told jokes about whitney houston or britney spears when i saw him a long rear end time ago. like for twenty minutes the punchline was always the same person

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
are they selling the VFT watches yet?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

huh posted:

* The schnapps in Tim's potato shake was real in the Oscar special, and he joked that he felt a slight schnapps buzz. He said they had also hoped the sound of the blender would be loud on set and constantly going off during the show, but it ended up too quiet.

insane that they didnt think to mic the blender and just have it in the mix constantly

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Just bring the original Dr. San back from the dead, like his suicide was a cover-up to protect Chinese relations or something who cares really

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love that he keeps saying "No Man's Land"

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Well, that was a roller coaster. I've never been more proud to be a HEI Network Incorporated supporter and I'm looking forward to some great tips on crafts and faith. I wish that rehearsal video was still up though :(

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Prop Wash posted:

I wish that rehearsal video was still up though :(

Yeah same, I didn't watch it immediately and then it was gone. Maybe someone could point a poor idiot like me in the right direction hint hint

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/vfa-acquisition-praised-by-all/

"Whether the physical archive of old VHS tapes is completely destroyed or not, all can agree that the full and legal ownership of the VFA by Tim Heidecker’s HEI Media is now considered a very good idea by all."

midivan
Mar 7, 2019
Anyone know of t*rrents or mirrors to the sites content?
Really want to watch these specials but as a currently poor individual its a steep ticket price.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

midivan posted:

Anyone know of t*rrents or mirrors to the sites content?
Really want to watch these specials but as a currently poor individual its a steep ticket price.

I would think once the season starts the OCATC Reddit or another subreddit will pop up with ways to watch for free. Hopefully Tim doesn’t go after getting it taken down whenever that does start to happen. poo poo they’ve got like 9k $50 subs already so let some people watch for free.

As of right now, no I haven’t seen any ways to get it for free, but I haven’t had to look either.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Tetramin posted:

I would think once the season starts the OCATC Reddit or another subreddit will pop up with ways to watch for free. Hopefully Tim doesn’t go after getting it taken down whenever that does start to happen. poo poo they’ve got like 9k $50 subs already so let some people watch for free.

As of right now, no I haven’t seen any ways to get it for free, but I haven’t had to look either.

I thought Gregg's stream was going to stay free, and I liked that idea. It made sense in-universe and from a production standpoint ("Don't want to pay us? Fine, we'll let you in on the big parts of the show, but you won't enjoy any of the production quality that you didn't help us achieve").

midivan
Mar 7, 2019

Tetramin posted:

yeah i was looking around on the subreddit for answers aswell since my own search of t*rrents only led me to the 7th oscar special.
But people on the subreddit speculated that itd stay as premium content and im incredibly anxious to watch this lol

edit: managed to find one out there

midivan fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 7, 2021

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

It's only $12 to buy a ticket to rewatch the Oscar special. I feel like Tim isn't asking for too much.

Anyway, I rewatched some of the TV seasons of Decker and I forgot that the entire Decker mythology ends with Decker as president in 2080 having defeated an alien invasion and that Kingston is an alien spy.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
There's still so much more to know about champion racer and movie enthusiast Tripp Spencer

midivan
Mar 7, 2019

Chairman Capone posted:

It's only $12 to buy a ticket to rewatch the Oscar special. I feel like Tim isn't asking for too much.

Anyway, I rewatched some of the TV seasons of Decker and I forgot that the entire Decker mythology ends with Decker as president in 2080 having defeated an alien invasion and that Kingston is an alien spy.

yes i understand, and im not complaining about his decision to market the show like this.
a part of me even feel like the paywall adds to the whole joke around tims character.

why i was asking for "other" ways to watching was simply because i cant afford to spend $12 on a ~3hour show like that with my current economy

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

midivan posted:

yes i understand, and im not complaining about his decision to market the show like this.
a part of me even feel like the paywall adds to the whole joke around tims character.

why i was asking for "other" ways to watching was simply because i cant afford to spend $12 on a ~3hour show like that with my current economy

Dm the next time they creamulium content and I'll hook you up

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
go to the hei network webpage to fill out an important survey.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
omg the fillable text box at the end

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I've done my patriotic duty. Gregg4eva fit in the box and drat right that's what I put

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Movie Expe

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

More Joe

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i put: mark porch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I put: on my tv

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

this is the correct thing to put

Scones are Good
Mar 29, 2010
I wanted to put in a message about muncher but didn't quite have space, I am very concerned about when I can expect him ever since the Countdown To Muncher went down with vfa.expert

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

that must mean muncher is imminent

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

"joe->host."

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
i put "Rock House"

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Movies

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Never seen this one before, can't find it elsewhere

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/decker/decker-cast-reunion

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

Never seen this one before, can't find it elsewhere

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/decker/decker-cast-reunion

"Oringinal cast reunion" LOL

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
the talet/fame ratio with these guys is just so wild. how tim manages to stay so under the radar after basically creating an entire genre of comedy, just crazy

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also, whatever happened with gregg's 500 movies world record thing? I remember him losing the list, but after that it seemed it was never resolved? or else i missed something. i've seen every OC episode and every oscar special though, so, not sure why i can't remember this? I remember expecting some big, stupid payoff and not getting it, then i forgot about it for a long time

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It's a lot of stuff to keep track of - I forgot there was a whole season between Mr America and the Arthur Oscer until this last special. Hence digging around rewatching decker

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

derp posted:

also, whatever happened with gregg's 500 movies world record thing? I remember him losing the list, but after that it seemed it was never resolved? or else i missed something. i've seen every OC episode and every oscar special though, so, not sure why i can't remember this? I remember expecting some big, stupid payoff and not getting it, then i forgot about it for a long time
He timed it so that the 500th movie on the 500th day would be The Hobbit, which he waited in line to see, but then "internet jerks" had prepurchased all the tickets and he was not able to see the movie that night, thus ending the streak on the last day.

It all happened on Twitter, the relevant tweets are here: https://oncinematimeline.com/season-5/episode-10?tweet_page=3

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

ALFbrot posted:

He timed it so that the 500th movie on the 500th day would be The Hobbit, which he waited in line to see, but then "internet jerks" had prepurchased all the tickets and he was not able to see the movie that night, thus ending the streak on the last day.

It all happened on Twitter, the relevant tweets are here: https://oncinematimeline.com/season-5/episode-10?tweet_page=3

The tweets are the one aspect of OC I've never fully gotten into so this is a good read. If I ever attempt a rewatch of OC in full I'll definitely have to play along with the timeline site

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

ALFbrot posted:

lol, thanks, would have been so great to be following that live, haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

ALFbrot posted:

501 is indeed better than 500.