Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I can't hide things for legal reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

I've never been weird

Except for that time you paid Lowtax :10bux: to post here

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No I paid lowtax knowing that one day he would take that money to order cookies on the internet with and scream into his own void.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Internetjack posted:

I just spent half a day getting a dog out from under a deck and I have no complaints. There's other stuff I could have done but helping a dogger out was first priority.

Dog owner was repainting one of the main rooms of my mom's place and I get a call about 10 am that there is a dog in distress at the scene, and could I help?

I spent the last 4 hours doing my best Cezar Milan impersonation; literally laying on my belly in the dirt trying to coax this dog out from under a deck. drat dog just ran under the deck early on and would not come out. I dug out about 10" of dirt to make an opening for it to get out of, because it was too stupid to go out the other direction that it got in from. We even sent in my mom's little rat terrier dog for recon to see if she could coax him out and that just erupted into growling, barking, and snarling.

Good times.

We finally realized that the owner firing up his truck and calling and driving just a bit up the driveway was the trick to enticing him to come out. Took two tries, finally on the second try dog shoves its head and shoulders out from under the deck, and I just pulled that fucker out. And don't think I'm cruel, because I had my noticeably larger head and shoulders shoved under the same deck just previously and after 4 hours of this, it was a "dead or alive, you're coming with me" moment. And guess what, that dog popped right out and hopped in the truck.

I do not know what to say other than that "life is really weird and not what you'd expect most of the times".

Thank you for spending your day rescuing that pup. Did you try food?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
There were enticements of bits of chicken and kibble that had no effect. I will also confess that we gently poked him with a thin stick between the slats in the decking a couple times to no affect.

The owner is an older single guy, and his two dogs are his family. During the several hours we talked a lot about dog care, and I am not an expert, but he, me and my mom all agreed something was off. He's taking the good boy in for a checkup with the vet to just double check everything.

Also, gently caress square headed driver bits/screws for trex decking. I was ready to pull up half the deck and it was a huge "nope" because square headed screws and drill bits suck rear end. I was literally preparing to cross-cut saw the whole deck to make an opening if need be.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
company sent me a brand new laptop today and it's black with the company logo in red across the outside it honestly looks pretty sweet. it's a contractor though and the job expires in august so i wont have it for long

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
my cat loving loves kfc it's crazy. i take a bite to get rid of some outside stuff then pinch and pull white meat from the middle and that poo poo is like her crack

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

its_my_birthday posted:

my cat loving loves kfc it's crazy. i take a bite to get rid of some outside stuff then pinch and pull white meat from the middle and that poo poo is like her crack

happy birthday

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Hopefully he’ll be better as a cashier than he was at his last job.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tip posted:

it was all printing perfectly for a while, and then I came back and it was just waving the print head around in the air :(

had to recalibrate the whole thing

the tolerances required for 3d printing are kinda crazy, but I just successfully printed something much bigger that took over 13 hours :dance:

this bigger print is also exciting because I created the model and it's part of an invention I've designed

buddy of mine had to get an arduino setup to autolevel his poo poo, but after that things have gone much smoother with significantly less spaghettification. the system also detects when the print has gone out of whack and stops it.

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Hopefully he’ll be better as a cashier than he was at his last job.

Customer: "Don't ring it up yet, I have a 50% off coupon!"

lightsaber ignition sounds

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I loving hate coming in to the office. The men's bathroom is closed and I need to pee my brains out

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I loving hate coming in to the office. The men's bathroom is closed and I need to pee my brains out

Step 1: find unattended travel tumbler, ideally belonging to someone you don’t like.

Step 2: take tumbler to relatively private conference room or supply closet

Step 3: pee in tumbler

Step 4: pour pee into break room sink

Step 5 (optional): rinse out tumbler

Step 6: return tumbler

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jflmyyqnM54

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pee is stored in the brains

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Theres a porta potty outside
:getin:

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Please remove any and all things that can fall in the porta potty off of you and into a drawer or something. I got a baaad feeling about this.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If there's a hole in the side don't use it!

Unless that's your kind of thing.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just got my second shot.
I am now a fully controlled subsidiary of Bill Gates and the global conspiracy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

Just got my second shot.
I am now a fully controlled subsidiary of Bill Gates and the global conspiracy

Did they give you the password for your build-in 5G hotspot yet?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Its Friday, when a mans thoughts turn to food after work.

Choices:

1) Capastrami sando at Capriottis
2) Super Quesadilla/Nachos
3) Costco (I'm probably going to costco anyways)
4) Korean fried chicken
5) something else???!!

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its Friday, when a mans thoughts turn to food after work.

Choices:

1) Capastrami sando at Capriottis
2) Super Quesadilla/Nachos
3) Costco (I'm probably going to costco anyways)
4) Korean fried chicken
5) something else???!!

What makes this super quesadilla... super?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i vote SUPER QUESADILLA

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Armitag3 posted:

What makes this super quesadilla... super?

It just comes stuffed with meat and has sour cream/guac included. Ive actually never gotten it at the place I'd end up going to. I'd also get some chicharron from this taqueria because they have the kind with the strip of meat still attached

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Dang. I'm also casting a vote on SUPER QUESADILLA.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Jesus Christ, THE QUESADILLA.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Nth-ing the SUPER QUESADILLA.

But what to drink????

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Nth-ing the SUPER QUESADILLA.

But what to drink????

HORCHATA YOU FOOL!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

HORCHATA YOU FOOL!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This place also has bionicos but thats gonna be too much food

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Feast upon mine balles for thy sup.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Mix HORCHATA AND a SUPER QUESADILLA??!!

No it’s too much! Too rich! DFDF will EXPLODE!!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

Hardly a feast. I’d be wary to call it a snack even. A nibble perhaps? A wee bit of a nosh?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

I have a family to feed, BBC. It's just not enough.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Horchata alternative:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Meme Poker Party posted:

Horchata alternative:

Anything but horchata plz. :munch:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
horchata varies so much between restaurants. it's always an adventure to take the first sip. will it taste exactly like the milk from a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch? only one way to find out.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this boule i bought is way too big to use as a bread bowl. should i do it anyway? just pour the whole thing of tomato soup in there and let it all spread out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mr. Nice! posted:

buddy of mine had to get an arduino setup to autolevel his poo poo, but after that things have gone much smoother with significantly less spaghettification. the system also detects when the print has gone out of whack and stops it.

Yeah, I'll probably get an auto leveling kit at some point.

I wanted to start out with just the basics so that when I finally upgrade I'll love it even if it's not perfect, as long as it's better than this hell.