Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

Had the last of my tiny apples thin sliced with these goat cheese+rosemary crackers. Delicious!

If you go to Berkeley Bowl they have the tiny apples, the Sugar Bee variety, almost year round now!!!! My wife has been loading up on them because she's obsessed. Finally an apple she likes.

Also the white sand Asian pears are apparently real good right now, they've been sitting just long enough to lose the acid and become perfect textured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

If you go to Berkeley Bowl they have the tiny apples, the Sugar Bee variety, almost year round now!!!! My wife has been loading up on them because she's obsessed. Finally an apple she likes.

Also the white sand Asian pears are apparently real good right now, they've been sitting just long enough to lose the acid and become perfect textured.

Bought them at the Bowl two weeks ago! I go with a colleague every few weeks so that I don't have to haul heavy stuff on the bus.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

Bought them at the Bowl two weeks ago! I go with a colleague every few weeks so that I don't have to haul heavy stuff on the bus.

YESSSSSS!

I miss the bowl so much. I used to sit at the west bowl cafe and watch yoga moms argue over which kind of grain free cereal their kids could have this week. Used to hang out with the guy who played harmonica on the sidewalk and sold the street paper, I think he's got a spot now last I heard!

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

YESSSSSS!

I miss the bowl so much. I used to sit at the west bowl cafe and watch yoga moms argue over which kind of grain free cereal their kids could have this week. Used to hang out with the guy who played harmonica on the sidewalk and sold the street paper, I think he's got a spot now last I heard!

They are all out of tofu puffs, though. :argh:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

They are all out of tofu puffs, though. :argh:

Stage a protest in the aisles until they bring them back.

Iirc everbest is affected by the materials shortage tho because there weren't enough harvesters last year and a lot of processing plants couldn't operate so what did get harvested, about half went bad before it could be processed. :(

xcheopis

Tofu puffs
https://www.sunrise-soya.com/products/sunrise/sunrise-original-chinese-style-tofu-puff/
Toaster oven at 225* for 20-30 minutes to be dipped in:
Plum sauce + Fiji Chulla hot and spicy tamarind sauce (also out of stock :supaburn:)
= a delicious low-effort meal for tired people

cruft

Can allergy season be over yet, I'm tired of drugging myself into endless lethargy.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

cruft posted:

Can allergy season be over yet, I'm tired of drugging myself into endless lethargy.
:same:

I’ve taken Claritin for years but it decided to quit working this year. Zyrtec makes me into a dizzy zombie but Allegra seems to work okay?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Goons Are Gifts

those three threads I said I wouldn't forget to goldmine, yeah, I did forget about them

but now I remembered and goldmined them!! you may judge me later, after reading them again

FirstAidKite
hello

itry

I'd just like to inform you all that Nobody (Bob Odenkirk movie) is cool and good. It's like somebody went to see John Wick and thought "hmm... this sure is nice. I wonder if it could work as a dark comedy". Also has some Shaft 2 Shaft (2019) flavour. And some of the framing/cinematography in the action scenes is inspired.

Yes, hello. This is phone.

Prof. Crocodile

hello. how are you today?

I am excited because I am eating barbecue this weekend.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Teddy Thunders posted:

think about signing up for senior discounts.

Sounds like a coupon and/or deal to me :thunkher:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

itry

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I am excited because I am eating barbecue this weekend.

Oh no... I just ate.

Oh dear...

Oh boy

:pusheen:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

itry posted:

Oh no... I just ate.

Oh dear...

Oh boy

:pusheen:

:popeye:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

FirstAidKite
I am ok but also tired, probably gonna try to sleep some more

I am trying to teach myself how to code again so I can try to make a mod for game I'm playing and that's probably gonna be the only thing going on today, which is fine. I'm not good with coding though so I doubt it will ever get made but I the attempts give me something to do until the exhaustion kicks in and I can sleep again.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
(clears throat, steps up to the mic)

howdy

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

aldantefax posted:

(clears throat, steps up to the mic)

howdy

Doody

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

xcheopis

Time

more falafel please

forums poster

& Chat

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

xcheopis

Was grumbling this morning about feeling extra achy and what the hey is up with that.
:doh:

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

Sounds like a coupon and/or deal to me :thunkher:

This aggression will not stand

I'm telling dads and I'm going to put your favorite hair thingy in the toilet

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

What the
That's my hair thingy! I've been looking all over for it!

itry

RoseMARY AND TIIIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNA17K572oo

Manifisto

Teddy Thunders posted:

Dear Mary, if you can hear us, please knock three times on this jar.

*tap tap tap*

Ok bish come get your drat pills then or like at least possess a customer service agent or two to get your address changed, drat.

new address: the hereafter. OOOOO (those are not zeros they are capital ohs like a ghost might say)

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

new address: the hereafter. OOOOO (those are not zeros they are capital ohs like a ghost might say)

An alphabet soup, as it were.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I thought it was just a bowl of cheerios

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zil posted:

That is also a soup in a bread bowl

Manifisto

Zil posted:

bowls of cheerios, apple jacks, and so on are how ghosts communicate with us

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

What the
That's my hair thingy! I've been looking all over for it!

DAD X STOLE RARITY'S HAIR THINGY

I have seven siblings, this was a thing I have actually yelled multiple times even as an adult because regalia-wise, hair thingies are high value items.

Zil

Teddy Thunders posted:

I have seven siblings, this was a thing I have actually yelled multiple times even as an adult because regalia-wise, hair thingies are high value items.

Took me a bit to realize that you were not talking about a 10th dad in this situation and that you 'x' was a stand in for someones name.

I need caffeine

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

My little sister and I have always been about the same height and weight and fights over clothing were vicious.

Manifisto

Zil posted:

Took me a bit to realize that you were not talking about a 10th dad in this situation and that you 'x' was a stand in for someones name.

I need caffeine

"Dad X" has a nice mysterious sound to it, like Racer X from speed racer

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Zil posted:

I need caffeine

I nibble on chocolate-covered coffee beans throughout the morning to maintain that caffeine buzz without having to sprint to the bathroom every 20 minutes.

alnilam

helo, & chat

ty manifisto

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Teddy Thunders posted:

Joke's on you, I don't have hair thingies cause I never learned how to do hair

Zil

https://twitter.com/yesterdaysprint/status/1390711547706580992

I love the pigeon costume

Prof. Crocodile

mods pls change my name to DAD X tia

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

Joke's on you, I don't have hair thingies cause I never learned how to do hair

Jokes double on you then because you'll never learn because I just flushed your hairbrush too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

Jokes double on you then because you'll never learn because I just flushed your hairbrush too

MOMS T IS FLUSHING INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS AGAIN