Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CCKeane posted:

##vote: Solus

Real vote, scummy move.

lol yeah. i agree. but i'm happy to sit on sandwolf and vote an omgus before pursuing it.

so solus is the firing squad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Omg I think Grandicaps scum ##vote Grandicap

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well. There’s a few things we can glean from this. Grandi is either at least one shot BP or Solus is a faulty Vig. And no one should give Solus a gun from the cabinet lol.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

CCKeane posted:

##vote: Solus

Real vote, scummy move.

Grandicap posted:

This is a cop out way of picking a vig. Not hopping off of my better jokevote on Fry to go here, but you are in my sights.

I will always be true to myself and immediately attempt to dayvig at my first chance ever, y'all just scared

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I can't figure out whether to be an old judgy mafia man about this stuff or just embrace the chaos of this game.

I'm leaning old and judgy. Don't be Voodoofly from the last WIFOA game. But also that was kind of fun.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Grandicap posted:

This is a cop out way of picking a vig. Not hopping off of my better jokevote on Fry to go here, but you are in my sights.

Why not?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Omg I think Grandicaps scum ##vote Grandicap

how??

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

SolusLunes posted:

I will always be true to myself and immediately attempt to dayvig at my first chance ever, y'all just scared

No, the shooting part is fine, its how you picked the shot. True random is a cop out, you can't be judged for killing a townie because it was random. You say you would have shot yourself if the RNG demanded it, but there's no way to tell if that is true.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

sandnavyguy posted:

Well. There’s a few things we can glean from this. Grandi is either at least one shot BP or Solus is a faulty Vig. And no one should give Solus a gun from the cabinet lol.

I think solus just grabs another gun from the cabinet themselves lol

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Weird way of saying this, I DON'T LIKE IT.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Why not?

Because I like the concept of the 1,1 army too much. Not willing to abandon it yet even if I think Solus's targeting choice is scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Weird way of saying this, I DON'T LIKE IT.

What about it?!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Whale hello

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

Because I like the concept of the 1,1 army too much. Not willing to abandon it yet even if I think Solus's targeting choice is scummy.

Solus didn’t vote 1,1 tho so why Fry only?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Fair enough!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

SolusLunes posted:

If you're gonna prematurely vig someone at least have it be for a reason and not based on random.org. At least save it for someone who you think is scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

What about it?!

Phrasing feels very careful and "Grandicap has at least one BP" feels particularly strange.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

tempted to say oh my god u suck to solus for making joke phase last like 5 minutes

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Solus didn’t vote 1,1 tho so why Fry only?

Fry sinned against the 1,1s by first post voting merk.
Solus attempted to sin in killing me, but was saved by their faulty vig.

It isn't fry only, he is just the first target of my ire.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Grandicap posted:

No, the shooting part is fine, its how you picked the shot. True random is a cop out, you can't be judged for killing a townie because it was random. You say you would have shot yourself if the RNG demanded it, but there's no way to tell if that is true.

That's reasonable enough. Not really much else for me to explain, though, it went exactly how I said it went. I'd rolled for my numbers, rolled for my drafted rolls, and rolled for the first shot. But on the bright side, it looks like jokephase is already over!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

That's reasonable enough. Not really much else for me to explain, though, it went exactly how I said it went. I'd rolled for my numbers, rolled for my drafted rolls, and rolled for the first shot. But on the bright side, it looks like jokephase is already over!

*rolled for my drafted roles. Words are hard.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

SolusLunes posted:

I think you underestimate the resilience of joke phase, it'll be back.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Phrasing feels very careful and "Grandicap has at least one BP" feels particularly strange.

Yeah but also I think SNG is just wrong and misreading the mod contact.

The action resolved and nothing happened, not the action resolved and Grandi survived it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Grandicap posted:

Bit like you, back from the dead!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Grandicap posted:

Alas for I cannot shoot it again.

Anyway I'm just waiting for one of the other dayvig holders to take a shot! You disappoint me by your delays. DAYVIGS FOR DAY 1

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

The action resolved and nothing happened, not the action resolved and Grandi survived it.

How does that change my take?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Grandicap posted:

Fry sinned against the 1,1s by first post voting merk.
Solus attempted to sin in killing me, but was saved by their faulty vig.

It isn't fry only, he is just the first target of my ire.

What if I told you that I think the 1,1 gang is a bunch of lame nerds :smug:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

How does that change my take?

I think you’re drawing conclusions about someone based on them misunderstanding something? I think SNG’s statement there effectively means nothing because he’s analyzing something that is not rooted in fact?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

This is probably the correct interpretation, given that I can shoot again tomorrow.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Philip J. Fry posted:

*visibly shaking* TAKE IT BACK!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Voodoofly posted:

General Rules:
  • This is a non-confirmation style game. Basically, I will NEVER tell you about the success or failure of your night actions (unless your role expressly says you will get success or failure confirmation). Don't equate receiving results to being successful, since if there was a reason you would receive false results you won't know about it. Likewise, though, this isn't a mindfuck game.

Just going to quote this here and link to this Cpig post from the last game if for some reason you want to follow the sequence that evolved from Cpig's post.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

ilmucche posted:

I think solus just grabs another gun from the cabinet themselves lol

:sickos:

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

SolusLunes posted:

Alas for I cannot shoot it again.

Anyway I'm just waiting for one of the other dayvig holders to take a shot! You disappoint me by your delays. DAYVIGS FOR DAY 1

SolusLunes posted:

This is probably the correct interpretation, given that I can shoot again tomorrow.

Wait so you can or cannot shoot again... I'm confused.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I took a nice little nap today

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Philip J. Fry posted:

Oh, yeah, vote not moving.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yeah tbh I completely spaced on the fact firing cabinet doesn’t know which one does which, so the whole BP thing is uh, baseless.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Philip J. Fry posted:

Wait so you can or cannot shoot again... I'm confused.

Can't shoot it again today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

sandnavyguy posted:

Yeah tbh I completely spaced on the fact firing cabinet doesn’t know which one does which, so the whole BP thing is uh, baseless.

Your posts are weird.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote SNG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

I took a nice little nap today

Naps are great.