Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Pretty telling of you lot that most of these are songs by black artists. FOR SHAME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sounds like a pretty antisemitic accusation tbh

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

speakerbox / the love below was a great album wtf

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

My inescapable irritating uni song was "Hey Ya" by Outkast.

gently caress that song.

All right no need to go on about it

All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right All right all right

Heeeyyy yyaaaaaaaaaàaaaaaaaaaa

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

kecske posted:

speakerbox / the love below was a great album wtf

It probably was, but the problem with bar hopping at Uni is you hear the same goddamn song in every different venue you go to, and the same procession of drunken morons dancing to it

Shaking it like a polaroid picture too. gently caress OFF

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Great opinions all page then people start having a go at Outkast.

Agreed that the Black Eyed Peas are absolutely god awful. Anything by LMFAO too - party rock anthem is absolutely loving painful, and their obnoxious bouncing around with those stupid Kanye sunglasses, ugh.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't even remember what the poo poo music was, it has never been worth the effort.

Woohoo, what depressing poo poo the news is today.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

goatface posted:

Look at this photograph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlNIVXpIns

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

learnincurve posted:

Sorry Miss Jackson was irritating as fk as well

Vastly improved by adding the Nature Boy

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Dell_Zincht posted:

Is there a worse song that Lou Bega's Mambo Number 5?

Answer: No, No there Is Not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6hNzbLbchY

fun fact: this song was no. 1 on 9/11

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I somehow completely missed hearing BEP's I Gotta Feeling the summer it came out and was apparently massive? I heard it the following year while wandering some random store and was all 'oh, what's this? sounds fun!'

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Whorelord posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6hNzbLbchY

fun fact: this song was no. 1 on 9/11

Also hilariously temporarily removed from radio airwaves as a result of the song's lyrics about building renovation

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

I'm working at a place where we have the radio on all day again and it's been on Heart for the last couple of weeks. They've been playing Blinding Lights by The Weeknd 5 times a day every day and it's driving me loving insane. Ditto with Rasputin by Boney M when we had it on Greatest Hits a couple of weeks ago.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Had my op, I'm now on the recovery ward and part cyborg

This pressure bandage on my head is giving me a proper headache

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have you got a full external cable one?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

goatface posted:

Have you got a full external cable one?

If you're talking to me the external processor should arrive in the post in the next few weeks I hope.

Will have an appointment to be activated :awesomelon: in about a month

Makes me feel like a sleeper cell agent. I hope Prof Jiang is a secret revolutionary communist

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was. They're neat little things, about as close as we've got to a datajack.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Tell you what though MMMBop continues to be a absolute banger.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Brimful of Asha is also a banger and I've had it stuck in my head all day

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Outkast are good sorry lamewads

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Meat Wagon posted:

Brimful of Asha is also a banger and I've had it stuck in my head all day

Original or remix though?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I don't think I've ever heard the remix

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Meat Wagon posted:

I don't think I've ever heard the remix

You will have done, it's what a lot of people mistakenly believe to be the original version of the song. The one played on the radio back in the day was the remix by Norman Cook AKA Fatboy Slim, the album version was a totally different song.

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep

Dell_Zincht posted:

I don't know, I'm just going off what was said on the radio news. I do know Hartlepool has always been a Labour stronghold, although they lost a lot of votes to the racist party in the last GE.

The people of Hartlepool, once hung a monkey for been French.

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/The-Hanging-of-the-Hartlepool-Monkey/

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

You will have done, it's what a lot of people mistakenly believe to be the original version of the song. The one played on the radio back in the day was the remix by Norman Cook AKA Fatboy Slim, the album version was a totally different song.

Yeah you're right. Turns out I've only heard the remix before. I like the original because it's pretty chill but I can see why they went with the more upbeat remix for the single

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Poop posting

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Yeah this may be my final Jackbox before having to work 50+ hrs every week when the restaurant reopens so pls friends come have fun.

Gimme a shout if you want the invite.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Meat Wagon posted:

Yeah you're right. Turns out I've only heard the remix before. I like the original because it's pretty chill but I can see why they went with the more upbeat remix for the single

Cornershop played the original on Top of the Pops, and you could see the kids all looking confused at this slow version of the song they knew.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Pretty sure Fatboy Slim was so keen to remix it that he waived all rights to have his name on it. Not sure if that meant he didn't make any money from it or not.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Also that little drum break in the remix is :chefkiss:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i liked the jerry st clair version

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I want a nice crusty fresh bap/bun/zynquax/barm/roll for breakast, but all I have is miserable normal ones

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
borrowed dog, first act, piss on my bed

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

to establish it as your territory?

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
This is the bets sofn https://youtu.be/6FEDrU85FLE

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

The best thing about this is their drummer was a prolific jazz fusion drummer in the 70s. They just stuck a big hat on this 60 year old man and had him hang around behind the half naked guys.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Gasmask posted:

Pretty sure Fatboy Slim was so keen to remix it that he waived all rights to have his name on it. Not sure if that meant he didn't make any money from it or not.

I have the original 12" vinyl of the remix, Normal Cook is clearly credited on the label.
However it's partly true that he made barely any money on a lot of his big singles due to all the royalties due to the artists he sampled. Norman has even joked in the past that it was Zoe Ball's TV salary that kept a roof over their heads.

(Of course, he made the vast majority of his wealth by being an internationally renowned DJ, plus he probably still had money left over from his time with The Housemartins...oh and royalties from Beats International, obviously.)

And this is the remix of the original that seems to get forgotten about, everyone seems to only know the radio edit lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BrH3m6AKgk

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 8, 2021

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Got my second dose of LETHAL AstraZeneca yesterday. Thankfully this time isn’t as bad as the first, I feel like someone kicked me in the back instead of being thrown into a thresher.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Aidan_702 posted:

Got my second dose of LETHAL AstraZeneca yesterday. Thankfully this time isn’t as bad as the first, I feel like someone kicked me in the back instead of being thrown into a thresher.

Congrats on being able to lick crossing buttons again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Ratjaculation posted:

Congrats on being able to lick crossing buttons again

Five already licked today! :discourse: