Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dawgstar posted:

Bill and Sean have started a Tolkien podcast because why not?

https://twitter.com/TheThomason/status/1389252097263095809

Of all the former MST3K writers, I would've put Bill at, like, 3rd or 4th most likely to make a Middle-Earth podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Edward Mass posted:

Of all the former MST3K writers, I would've put Bill at, like, 3rd or 4th most likely to make a Middle-Earth podcast.

I mean, Kevin bragged about owning a leather hat in "A Year at the Movies"

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This morning on the Rifftrax Twitch channel they aired Star Games. Holy gently caress, this may be the most insane movie I have ever seen! The special effects are atrociously bad, the space prince's computer AI is a disembodied clown head and the whole movie has this bizarre outsider art feel to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQpr7c00EE

E: lol the king is Tony Curtis. Well that explains why he sounded like a two-bit New Jersey gangster wannabe.

Star Games was directed by Greydon Clark, who gave us Angels' Revenge and Final Justice. The School teacher "Angel" was also in Star Games (I think she's also married to Clark)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Davros1 posted:

Star Games was directed by Greydon Clark, who gave us Angels' Revenge and Final Justice. The School teacher "Angel" was also in Star Games (I think she's also married to Clark)

Oh wow. That explains a lot but also raises further questions, because honestly Star Games is a couple of orders of magnitude worse than either of those movies. Maybe they just reached too far? After all "Fat alcoholic cop kicks Europeans in the rear end" and "Skimpily dressed women kick Americans in the rear end" are a lot easier to do than a big effects filled sci-fi spectacular.

I was honestly watching slack-jawed as Tony Curtis stands in a blue void filled with Amiga-rear end pyramids making a long monologue filled with completely nonsensical names and nouns, as Amiga-rear end pyramids and Atari ST-rear end marbles shoot green squiggles at each other.

It's just such a complete loving mess from top to bottom.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 4, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edward Mass posted:

Apparently during quarantine he started reading the books and even the Simarillion.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Watching 'Giant from the Unknown' on Tubi and the weirdest thing is the picture quality. This thing is pristine. Especially since I just watched the twenty years later and much shittier Hawk the Slayer.

On the other hand 'Giant' is more racist but 'Hawk' has a scene where a sorceress covers a guy in silly string. Tricky to rate the two overall.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Yeah, I saw Giant somewhat recently and that is an amazing print for a bad movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Christopher Lee horror film City of the Dead similarly has a really good print.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

muscles like this! posted:

The Christopher Lee horror film City of the Dead similarly has a really good print.

oh yeah, it's great.

actually i'm partial to the crawling hand, too. it's a little dark, kind of underexposed, but it looks good

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rifftrax is participating in the new MST3K Kickstarter with their own reward set for backing.

quote:

• Level $35+ – A free 1-month subscription to RiffTrax Friends for new subscribers
• Level $50+ — The above + Jack and The Beanstalk + The Wizard of Oz
• Level $100+ — The above + Gammera The Invincible
• Level $150+ — The above + RiffTrax Live: Giant Spider Invasion

Also if MST3K gets their final goal of $5.5 million (which is pretty likely) there will be a special live Rifftrax event on the Gizmoplex.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1390049361254625283?s=21

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MJ and Bridget have a new movie riff out!

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1390743234159153153

The screen did not sizzle so much at that kiss as parboil.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
You had me at MJ & Bridget.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And it is in fact my birthday!
:jiggled:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unkempt posted:

Watching 'Giant from the Unknown' on Tubi and the weirdest thing is the picture quality. This thing is pristine. Especially since I just watched the twenty years later and much shittier Hawk the Slayer.

On the other hand 'Giant' is more racist but 'Hawk' has a scene where a sorceress covers a guy in silly string. Tricky to rate the two overall.

The best thing about that is how Mike points out at the very end that people were murdered and animals were mutilated before the giant woke up.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

We've got dates for the Live shows!!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hooray, hopefully there’s a theatre by me open by then.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dawgstar posted:

MJ and Bridget have a new movie riff out!

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1390743234159153153

The screen did not sizzle so much at that kiss as parboil.

MJ and Bridget stuff somehow have this vibe that this is legitimately the first time theyve seen the movie and I love it

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I happened to pause the film on this disturbing image so now you have to see it too:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

weekly font posted:

MJ and Bridget stuff somehow have this vibe that this is legitimately the first time theyve seen the movie and I love it

They really do bring a, and I mean this complimentary, charming wine mom aura to the proceedings.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
You can pre-order Gumby: The Movie now.

https://www.rifftrax.com/gumby-the-movie

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Yor: Hunter from the Future and got a case of the giggles when Yor swung across a gap and turned into a tiny doll on a string.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Canned Panda posted:

We've got dates for the Live shows!!

There's been a terrible accident. We're live streaming Hobgoblins.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Watching Yor: Hunter from the Future and got a case of the giggles when Yor swung across a gap and turned into a tiny doll on a string.

A friend and I rented that movie twenty years ago, and when we got to that part, we rewound it like two dozen times.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A very real thing was lost when bad filmmakers got CGI technology.
:rip:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

A move he learned from Phantom of Krankor.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Doesn’t that also have a moment where the old guy, also a doll, flips like 180 degrees in mid-rope swing?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah that's the next scene. It is also goofy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the latest "Of the Bride" movie and its funny how they keep recasting people between movies. Also funny how biker boyfriend gets introduced bringing his kid to the daycare but then the kid doesn't show up again until the end of the movie.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Have they done the first one? Am I looking for something that's not on the site? Why start with the second one?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Fezz posted:

Have they done the first one? Am I looking for something that's not on the site? Why start with the second one?

They've done the second and third ones, but I don't see that they did the first one.

I can't imagine knowing the continuity matters much for these films though.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Fezz posted:

I kept looking for the other Subspecies after 4 came out.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/nekoewen/status/1398292753205719040

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Just finished it and it's worth picking up. The movie itself feels so anachronistic for its time, but that's what gives it its charm; You can tell they really cared about making this movie and it doesn't feel cynical. That doesn't make a good movie; The script goes all over the place (and why farm loans???), the human-ish characters who have... ahh... interesting designs, and the songs themselves are pretty basic. But drat it, I was smiling throughout it and it kept me engaged.

The riff too was great. Especially the Henry Slinkman joke. The fact they are still referencing that will always crack me up.

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 28, 2021

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We're gonna pick up Gumby to watch tomorrow night as it looks nuts. I'm pretty well caught up on full length movies from Rifftrax but I'm about a little over a year or so behind on shorts. Anyone have a list of five or six good shorts that have come out since say late 2019 to pair up with the film? I'm going to eventually go back and get them all but I'd like to get a few for tomorrow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing that's most creepy about Gumby is the realistic people who are there too for some reason.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That Gumby stuff looks intense. I haven't peeped a Gumby is a long long time.

Saw the Bounty Tracker riff recently, that is quality. The bit where Lorenzo looks around a hotel room and they're like "It has a lamp" "oh it has a phone" etc etc, just poetry. I can't really do it justice, B-movie zen.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Need to watch the gumby riff. Also just rewatch Robot Rump(us).

I have always wished they would give more animated films a good work over

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Gumby riff is a case of the film just being absolutely wild all on its own. Its difficult to pin down how many different ways it gets up to shenanigans but one of my favorites is about 4/5ths into the film three characters walk through a wall then argue about how to get passed a locked door.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

All the characters in The Lady and the Rocket are bi icons

This film was made in 1952 but commercial color tv was barely used until 1956. You were supposed to watch this 39 minute Oldsmobile commercial in a movie theater.

Vivian Darkbloom fucked around with this message at 09:39 on May 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD