Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Can’t get (or keep) good players with bad owners generally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

I think players are more important than owners

Now reconcile this with your previous post about NYC only having one team because Dolan.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

J. Buss is a bad owner but yet ? Who even knows who owns the nets. Putin?

The clippers are owned by noted human failure Steve ballmer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Now reconcile this with your previous post about NYC only having one team because Dolan.

Dolan is so bad he makes an exception to the rules

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

The west has two high altitude home courts and two teams in la and will thus always have a natural advantage

Altitude has been shown to have no relationship with home court advantage, HCA is because refs call fouls in favor of the home team. This is why the Sixers, whose playstyle is about taking two point shots and getting fouled on them, are more dependent on home court than almost anyone

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

euphronius posted:

J. Buss is a bad owner but yet ? Who even knows who owns the nets. Putin?

The clippers are owned by noted human failure Steve ballmer

Nets were sold after that Russian dude died while attempting a jet ski backflip

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

kingcobweb posted:

Altitude has been shown to have no relationship with home court advantage, HCA is because refs call fouls in favor of the home team. This is why the Sixers, whose playstyle is about taking two point shots and getting fouled on them, are more dependent on home court than almost anyone

What if Refs at high Altitude locations call more fouls on the away teams

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

euphronius posted:

If it’s your idea that a poster should be thrown into some monkeu like phantom zone because he dares to question whether that - while jokic obviously a top 10 player - maybe he isn’t the most valuable player in the league - I say look in the Mirror and question your dedication to the free pursuit of truth

Thread title

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

a new study bible! posted:

Nets were sold after that Russian dude died while attempting a jet ski backflip

Prokorov is still alive.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

If it’s your idea that a poster should be thrown into some monkeu like phantom zone because he dares to question whether that - while jokic obviously a top 10 player - maybe he isn’t the most valuable player in the league - I say look in the Mirror and question your dedication to the free pursuit of truth

I get questioning Jokic being the most valuable player in the league but why use Westbrook as the worst possible example as someone who deserves it more?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Doltos posted:

I get questioning Jokic being the most valuable player in the league but why use Westbrook as the worst possible example as someone who deserves it more?

It’s called argumentem ad absurdum

I don’t think Westbrook is the mvp

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Sportswriters clearly identify with Jokic because he's a huge Serbian man, like many sportswriters also are

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I feel like you arrived at this Pardon The Interruption rear end team record argument back when the nuggets were still like the seven seed in the west and have just decided to keep it going even as they are like a half game out of a top 3 seed without their second best player

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Hirsute posted:

Sportswriters clearly identify with Jokic because he's a huge Serbian man, like many sportswriters also are

Jokic lost a ton of weight last year. There's no way any sports writer could identify with him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hirsute posted:

Zach Lowe isn’t huge but he’s Yugoslavian

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

this is not a country anymore but also no he is not

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Just remembered the Bulls did a win-now trade at the deadline

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

euphronius posted:

I mean your questioning but so far you haven’t got passed the stage of is he good? You sure?

Which isn’t exactly what I would call probing questions

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What is the point of NBAtv if it doesn't show games on nights with as many games as tonight?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I don’t think anyone will ever be able to compete with euphronius. This is next level

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Time posted:

I don’t think anyone will ever be able to compete with euphronius. This is next level

Ehhh, this still isn't reaching the level of every day slap fights in here a decade ago

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

euphronius posted:

It’s called argumentem ad absurdum

I don’t think Westbrook is the mvp

If it's all the same to you, I think this gimmick has run its course and we would all be better if you'd move on.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I like the idea that anyone from a former Yugoslavian country would automatically be very supportive of a different country in the region, I think history definitely supports that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Time posted:

imo its great and makes the thread more interesting.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Glumslinger posted:

Ehhh, this still isn't reaching the level of every day slap fights in here a decade ago

we spent like six straight years debating whether or not kevin love was good because of one guy so we can probably handle this

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MourningView posted:

we spent like six straight years debating whether or not kevin love was good because of one guy so we can probably handle this

are you calling euph a.....

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I'm convinced, Jokic is a phony and I am throwing away my jersey right this moment.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

If it's all the same to you, I think this gimmick has run its course and we would all be better if you'd move on.

Fair enough

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hand Knit posted:

It’s entertaining and makes this thread less stuffy for whatever it’s worth IMO

Particularly on a Friday night

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

I was thinking more about my arguments with HooverDam

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Nick "euphronius" Wright

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Space Camp fuckup posted:

It’s entertaining and makes this thread less stuffy for whatever it’s worth IMO

Particularly on a Friday night

If you guys wanna let him go, sure.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I need to know more about Crisp Haul the rightful MVP and also how the best team in the west actually sucks

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

I need to know more about Crisp Haul the rightful MVP and also how the best team in the west actually sucks
This is like the 10th best Chris Paul season too

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Look, we need to make up for the MVP that Kobe stole from Paul that they gave to Kobe to make up for the one Nash stole from him

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Wait the Nuggets v Jazz both had 40 points at the end of the first quarter? Yeah gently caress defense.

Apparently everytime Montrezl had the ball yesterday Rondo was yelling "He's a baby!" I hope there's footage of that.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

euphronius posted:

he isn't but he's married to a Croat

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ungratek posted:

That trade was always about next season.

Not sure it's going to work then either but it wasn't about this season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ungratek posted:

Yeah, as they should have. They couldn't help that they'd lose their Best player for a long stretch of games.

Back half of the season they just got wrecked with Injuries and health protocol stuff. They completely changed their offensive playstyle, and had to integrate like 7 new players lol.

I was tired of watching Zach have to carry a bunch of 19-21 year olds. who still don't know how to play because this is the first year they've gotten competent NBA coaching.

Show me something different than praying a bunch of mid lottery picks turn out to be more than what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Hand Knit posted:

If you guys wanna let him go, sure.

We're only debating Euphronius about Jokic being MVP because it's fun. It's cool he has a different opinion IMHO.

Now Ben Simmons chat OTOH...

Also I bet Jokic was going to be MVP before the season started so I'm set to win some nice cash if he does it.