Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

learnincurve posted:

To cure your fear of needles why not simply wake up with an IV line in the back of your hand connected to the bag replacing all your blood! Worked for me!

Yeah, I hated shots of all types. I would get very close to unconsciousness, even with a flu shot. Then, I had heart surgery, and all that fear disappeared like magic. It's pretty cool how when you're subject to a needle poke, somewhere on your body, on an hourly basis, how quickly you forget you were even scared of shots before.

Oh final Pfizer trip report. I got my second shot exactly one month ago. The side effects of the second were just like the first. Sore arm, and lethargy for the rest of that day. No fever, or any other weirdness. The arm soreness stuck around for about 3 days. I'm free. Looking forward to catching up on lots I missed in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Der Kyhe posted:

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...ine-2021-05-07/

Has this been here? So after all shady businesses, getting funding to upscale production and still missing shipments to EU, and dishonest tactics with the production being put to "non-accredited facilities" to avoid regulations and government oversight, AZ also faces a case of Pandemrix-style side effects.

quote:

The regulator said GBS was identified as a possible adverse event that needed to be specifically monitored during the vaccine's conditional approval process, adding it had requested more detailed data on the cases from AstraZeneca.

That explains all the new mods lately

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
My father was elected to city council and was writing an article to address vaccine hesitancy. He uploaded a draft of his article outlining the safety of vaccines for peer review and before he even published the article he got an e-mail from an anti-vaxxer. This can only be a bot. The draft must have been publicly searchable so the bot found the article and fired off a dissenting e-mail before the article was even published. Here is the e-mail in all it's incoherent glory.

:siren: Assume the google drive links are viruses :siren:

quote:

E-mail: jaxon.wayn75@yahoo.com
Name: Jaxon Jaxon
Phone Number: (0555-9315487) 0555-9315487
Subject: Business Directory
Doctors and scientists are trying to understand a troubling new phenomena called virus shedding. Those who have been inoculated with the experimental mRNA vaccines are causing those around them, predominately females, to suffer from some of adverse side effects that those who have been vaccinated are. Women who have been through menopause are once again having monthly periods accompanied by very severe blood clotting and head aches. Others are having still births and experiencing strange bruising on their legs. Those effected are warning others to stay away from the vaccinated. It remains to be seen if other dangerous side effects will also be transferred as well. A whistle blower from a Vaccination Task Force says the doctors on the panel are very concerned about prion diseases showing up in the vaccinated months after taking the jab. Prion Diseases are fatal brain wasting diseases.

For Visual Pictures and Videos on Vax death and side effects see the following links below:

Vax Shedding:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Q01TrnnpmbGZHdTpKzJUhZc42wtuimrL?usp=sharing

Vax Death and Problems folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E0f2w8gcw-oMJCmXap-mXZnuU59f5EjH?usp=sharing

Vax Misc Death:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vNuTl7dT-59Fpor1h-KyrBBhdQdmsh_r?usp=sharing

More Vax Jab Death:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-6dsAeMEeE8RAVyPLpWC1SCI-tv_Usb6?usp=sharing

Vax Death & Illness Pics:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sPnfAOF7uBTHbRFTBc5T_7mG0MTNrVIS?usp=sharing

Mark of the Beast PDF:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A4lZC8a6B9B2HwG0kc1pJGC__dZstBY9/view?usp=sharing

Vax PDFs

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Dpd2jnHvqr3VVaQ9OxB0ymf2JOSO7dOb?usp=sharing

Vax URLs:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jVNGeAJCPJvQYlzpHYj2FX5IZvIdcIEI?usp=sharing

Vax Fake Videos and Deaths:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DXT0XAQQcuMJoKpl1eN6AqEY40BJC4gI?usp=sharing

Revelation 13:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

If you take the Mark of the Beast, this is what happens:
Revelation 14:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

If you refuse the Mark of the Beast, this is what happens
Revelation 20:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Repent of your sins, trust and have faith in Jesus Christ, read your Bible, and be water baptised in Jesus name.

Free Bible link: https://my.bible.com/bible/1/MAT.1.KJV

To truly know what will happen in the end days, read the revelation portion of the Bible. Here is the link to that, its a very short read (22 pages in total): https://www.bible.com/bible/1/REV.1.KJV

For God so Loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have Everlasting Life. -John 3:16 KJV

Jesus saith unto him: “I AM The Way, The Truth and The Life, no man (no one) cometh to The Father but by Me.” -John 14:6 KJV

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth The Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. -Romans 10:9,10 KJV

Whosoever denieth The Son, the same hath not The Father; he that acknowledgeth The Son hath The Father also. -1 John 2:23 KJV

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is The Son of God, God dwelleth in him and he in God. -1 John 4:15 KJV

He that believeth on The Son of God hath the witness in himself; he that believeth not God hath made Him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of His Son.
And this is the record, that God hath given to us Eternal Life, and this Life is in His Son.
He that hath The Son hath Life; and he that hath not The Son of God hath not Life.
-1 John 5:10-12 KJV

And from Jesus Christ, who is The Faithful Witness, and The First begotten of the dead, and The Prince of the kings of the earth. Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own Blood and hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever Amen. -Revelation 1:5 and 6 KJV

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by The Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is The Stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the Head of the Corner. Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is none other Name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:10-12 KJV

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a Name which is above every name; That at The Name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God The Father. -Philippians 2:9-11 KJV

The Bible says:
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before God day and night, has been cast down.
And they overcame him by The Blood of The Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. – Revelation 12:10,11 KJV

We already know the russians have been attacking the US with anti-vax propaganda since before covid.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Well the good news is that if they got wrecked by Dose 1 they probably already had COVID, and they will have a very robust immune response from 1 COVID + 1 mrna vax!!

Nah, that is not supported by any evidence I'm aware of. The only real bright spot is that at least 1 dose of mRNA vaccine does provide a level of protection against the virus.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
You'd think that, due to each jab being exactly the same, the FIRST one where you don't already have a potent immune response would be worse. That's probably a total misunderstanding of the science though

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Nah, that is not supported by any evidence I'm aware of. The only real bright spot is that at least 1 dose of mRNA vaccine does provide a level of protection against the virus.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7924304/

Indications are a single dose is roughly equivalent to a covid infection.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Detheros posted:

36 hours after my J&J shot and it's kicking my rear end, mostly fatigue and muscle soreness but jeez that shift at work was rough, this must be the 5g installing firmware.

51 hours in and I feel a lot better than last night, mostly some slight soreness all around and some arm pain but not much more than I normally deal with.

My mental health meanwhile has skyrocked, I was mostly a shut-in pre covid but after getting my shot there was this immense sense of relief that made me realize just how stressed I've been over the past year.

Feels great! :unsmith:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I wonder if people who got only one shot and wimped out will be less subject to original antigenic sin if they later get mRNA-1273.351 or another vaccine targeting a mutant spike.

It is of course a foolish thing to do, but I’m curious.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I had to get my roof done today because when it rained, there was a waterfall down my chimney and the paint started peeling near it.

Let me let you guess how many people turned up with masks and/or have worn them near me/when showing up at my door to knock (because I'm trying to stay out of their way). They've been here all day and they're doing a fantastic job, but drat, you can't even yank a bullshit gaiter up? Come on :smith:

So, I'm masking up for the rest of the night when I'm anywhere outside my house, keeping windows shut, and whatnot. And hopefully if anyone is infected, it's too dead to try to get me through my vaccine tomorrow morning.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I'm picking up bar food for dinner and in the bar to pay and grab it.

lmao, I'm fully vaccinated but this is insane. Just loud, maskless shouting old dudes everywhere. Gonna get delivery next time.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I don't think we'll ever be able to truly forget how much spittle and associated juices from the people around us that we are sucking down at all times

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

dwarf74 posted:

I'm picking up bar food for dinner and in the bar to pay and grab it.

lmao, I'm fully vaccinated but this is insane. Just loud, maskless shouting old dudes everywhere. Gonna get delivery next time.
lmao my kid got a moldy burger bun.

Serves me right I guess.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

dwarf74 posted:

lmao my kid got a moldy burger bun.

Serves me right I guess.

Thank u 4 supparting are small business!!!!
God bles

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

BBQ Dave posted:

and I have permanent stankface, all my facial composure is gone. When I'm out in the world my mouth is either set to "hard determined line" or war grimace. I have Judge Dredd mouth, and must hide it.

I hate that I relate to this.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gologle posted:

I've always called it "Resting Spree Shooter Face"

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010

Detheros posted:

51 hours in and I feel a lot better than last night, mostly some slight soreness all around and some arm pain but not much more than I normally deal with.

My mental health meanwhile has skyrocked, I was mostly a shut-in pre covid but after getting my shot there was this immense sense of relief that made me realize just how stressed I've been over the past year.

Feels great! :unsmith:

I got my vaccine back in February and my mental health changed overnight, especially since most people weren’t able to get it yet i think I felt it even more

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
About a day and a half ish after my second shot and my arm definitely hurts more maybe 3x as much just to estimate. I did stupid exercises in the 15 minute waiting area, so not sure if it did anything or not.

Not sure but there may be a good bit of fatigue because I took a nap from 5pm to 10pm ish. But that could also be that I didn't sleep well or long from arm pain last night.

8/10 would vax a third time.

Gologle posted:

Sounds like I have always been. I swear my grandmother was right that my face would stick that way. My eyebrows make me perpetually look angry - 2 little skin "dimples" at either side of my nose next to the brows. But it could also be that I just am always angry

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yeah once you're fully vaxxed its a tremendous sense of relief. That black cloud of anxiety over the miasma of illness and death lurking everywhere just disappears. You survived the pandemic.

Even if you don't really do much extra, as if by magic the worry is gone.

Things do get much better, people are able to overcome great obstacles. Even the british, who somehow did a worse job than the US of responding to the pandemic, have been able to end it with half-measure vaccination.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
Got my first shot today, and the most interesting part was the bandage. It was a circular pad with a clear membrane they gave the shot through. It seems like it is something relatively new, so it was probably one of those things that owes their success to Covid.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

edgeman83 posted:

Got my first shot today, and the most interesting part was the bandage. It was a circular pad with a clear membrane they gave the shot through. It seems like it is something relatively new, so it was probably one of those things that owes their success to Covid.

They've existed for a few years now, but yeah they're nice.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Because of COVID I learned that my upper arm is too hairy to stick a bandaid on.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

hakimashou posted:

Yeah once you're fully vaxxed its a tremendous sense of relief. That black cloud of anxiety over the miasma of illness and death lurking everywhere just disappears. You survived the pandemic.

Even if you don't really do much extra, as if by magic the worry is gone.

Things do get much better, people are able to overcome great obstacles. Even the british, who somehow did a worse job than the US of responding to the pandemic, have been able to end it with half-measure vaccination.

I got a booking for a vaccinated person's funeral today. He was younger than I am and got unlucky enough to be a breakthrough case. He's number 400. I'm done for a while on Monday.

I'm giddy for the vaccines but this cloud isn't going away until that death count is way, way lower (for me, anyhow). We still see a lot of cases and a lot of deaths every day, but there are days it goes the right direction. Better than nothing.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

withak posted:

Because of COVID I learned that my upper arm is too hairy to stick a bandaid on.

Have you never received any other shots? I learned that many years ago when getting routine vaccinations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

Have you never received any other shots? I learned that many years ago when getting routine vaccinations.

For flu shots they usually just give me a patch of gauze to hold there for a minute.

In hindsight, this is possibly because they knew that a bandaid wouldn't work. Maybe the Covid shot lady was running on automatic with the bandaids.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

They didn't have bandaids where I got my shot lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Picnic Princess posted:

How did they keep all the 5G from leaking out?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The 5G doesn't kick in until 2 weeks after the 2nd shot.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Picnic Princess posted:

They gave me one after the first shot but the second one was like "welp, you're done baiiii".

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
At 16 hours after my second shot. My arm started hurting a couple hours after getting it but it hasn’t gotten worse and hurts less than the first one. I got super tired during the afternoon but couldn’t really sleep. Been alternating between being warm and having the chills. Have had a few hours of sleep off and on but nothing substantial. I just feel wiped out.

rbk
Nov 2, 2005

I really believe there are things nobody would see if I didn't photograph them.

Aardvark! posted:

I get my second Moderna shot next Thursday. Speaking of which, I always hear about second shot side effects from Pfizer getters. Is Moderna the same in that regard?

I had a sore arm and a couple days later noticed a blotch of reddish skin near the injection site that went away after a few days, but the other effects were pretty mild because I got vaccinated in the late afternoon and was asleep 12 hours later when they hit. I had a low fever, chills, and briefly felt like my bones hurt and I was crawling out of my skin. Then I took two Tylenol and fell back asleep. Whenever I started feeling bad I took a Tylenol. I was surprised at how mild it seemed. There were people claiming that they were knocked down for a whole day but that wasn’t my experience.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I've felt completely miserable after a flu shot like 5 years ago but no other vaccine since then gave me any side effects besides a sore arm. Both pfizer shots were fine.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
So, remember how we have been told repeatedly that a huge proportion of infected people don't even experience symptoms yet still keep spreading the virus?

Some interesting results out of two Swedish studies this week. Machine translated article with links to the study results.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/ny-undersokning-nastan-alla-smittade-far-symptom posted:

Study shows 95% of all sampled infected showed symptoms, eventually
A total of 52 cases of covid-19 were identified in the study and of these, 44 individuals were asymptomatic at sampling. One week after sampling, all but two of the 44 asymptomatic said they had developed symptoms.

Basically, a cohort study where they polled 4000 people before testing, when testing and a week after testing.
Two things to take away:
- When following a checklist for specific symptoms, people tend to answer "yes" to a higher extent than when just asked "are you feeling ill at the moment"
- The sample size is small but it seems to indicate that the number of asymptomatic spreaders could be overestimated - they may have just been pre-symptomatic. It's a fine distinction to make, but we were told by the same authority mid-2020 that "as many as 9 out of 10 could be asymptomatic and still shed the virus" which seems may have been very very wrong.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 8, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Yeah the true asymptomatic rate isn’t ninety percent. It’s probably under a third.

What are the implications? Asymptomatic versus presymptomatic versus paucisymptomatic is a distinction without a difference to most people. What matters is that it’s possible to spread the virus without believing oneself to be unwell.

The argument and retraction over the German case study early last year did a lot of damage, similar to the persistent litigation over “airborne”.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

What are the implications?

It also means there's a much much smaller number of people who developed natural antibody protection via infection than many people had been assuming

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Not necessarily. Statistics from cold/flu/sore throat symptoms are not disproved by the generalization from the study I'm unable to read. They only moved the bar for what classifies as asymptomatic.

So if 2 cold symptoms implies 5 total cases it really doesn't matter if two more of those case's liquid shits were the result of covid or not. Still 5 cases.

Recall from the placebo trials that people are generally used to just feeling like poo poo.

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Really thankful that I got my second moderna shot two weeks ago. I’m now flying for the first time since lockdown and anxiety has shot right up for me. This plane is packed with zero empty seats. At least all passengers I can see are remaining masked thus far.

Posted from peak altitude from my Bill Gates 5G

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I got the J+J shot a couple days ago and while my arm still hurts a little its nice to have it out of the way. I was thinking of trying a boxing gym when covid came about. don't think I'll be doing that this year yet even but I can start going to my apt complex's gym at least in a couple weeks once my antibodies are built up. workin third shift right now so I can go in the middle of the day when most people are at work

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Saros posted:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7924304/

Indications are a single dose is roughly equivalent to a covid infection.
The TLDR from this, per the graph at the end and the conclusion:
-antibody levels from an infection OR single dose are about the same
-Antibody levels from an infection AND a single dose are on the level of no infection AND two doses
-Antibody levels from an infection AND two doses are not notably higher than no infection AND two doses

The discussion does state that an alternate protocol to give people who’ve had it just one dose would be valid.

It also mentions side effects in people who’ve had it are worse on dose one than the second shot for people who haven’t had it which definitely maps to my experience, I was super sick after my first shot.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Closing in on 24 hours post-Moderna II, the injection site pain is real, arm doesn't really want to go much above shoulder height.

Last fall, I tested negative two days before and two days after an exposure and a three day period of intense muscle and joint pain, like a poster above me described their body was trying to leave their skin, intense fatigue, back and forth from hot to cold like a tennis match and an inability to sleep for more than like 20 minutes at a pop because anything you lied on got super sore. Feeling a notable amount of the same tissue/joint pain and some moderate fatigue, but at like a 3/10 rather than a 9/10, but none of the other symptoms. I feel like I could physically go out to grab some drive-thru or do some grocery shopping, but I have the day off so gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

sitting at the fairgrounds during my 15 minute wait after PFPFPFPFPFP #2

start a new job Monday

something something, 5G, nanobots etc