Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

merk posted:

I have six posts, two which are votes and one of which is a clear scummy read. These posts total about fifty words.

What else do you want?

I now have seven posts.
I like and support New Chill Merk but can you post some thoughts for me to digest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

dy. posted:

Cool summary.

I think this guy is scum.

I appreciate the complete change of tactics the second you get called out on a bad push lol

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

##vote AT-LOW

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

AT-LOW posted:

That would only be a bus if Solus is going to flip scum

You believe that myself, Grandi, and Solus are all scum then?

I never said anything about Solus. I don’t have a read on him either way

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dy. posted:

I like and support New Chill Merk but can you post some thoughts for me to digest?

I have.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Votecount for Day 1

Sandwolf (2): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy.
Grandicap (1): b-minus1
merk (1): Philip J. Fry
Philip J. Fry (1): Grandicap
.random (1): ObamaAkbar.
sandnavyguy (1): merk
SolusLunes (1): CCKeane

Not Voting (9): .random, AT-LOW, Hal Insandenza, Mr. Steak, SalTheBard, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, SolusLunes, Toalpaz

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

thh i thought there were a lot more people voting when i went to check this, but its still good to have in thread

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

That isn't right, is it? I should be voting steak currently and I voted Solus after Fry too. Its like super behind.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

dy. (3): Sandwolf, AT-LOW, b-minus1
AT-LOW (2): merk, dy.
Mr. Steak (1): Grandicap
SolusLunes (1): CCKeane, Grandicap, Grandicap
Grandicap (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Philip J. Fry (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Sandwolf (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy.
sandnavyguy (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (8): .random, Hal Insandenza, ilmucche, Mr. Steak, SalTheBard, sandnavyguy, SolusLunes, Toalpaz

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wtf? why was mine so wrong

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
was that a serious vote on me btw? i assumed it was a joke (and also assumed u'd unvoted based on the votecount i saw)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also what is the case on at-low...? not that 2 votes really means much but i dont get it

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

was that a serious vote on me btw? i assumed it was a joke (and also assumed u'd unvoted based on the votecount i saw)

It was serious but I think I misread the situation so I'm probably going to swing back to Solus.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

It was serious but I think I misread the situation so I'm probably going to swing back to Solus.

##vote Solus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote OA

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

dy. (2): Sandwolf, AT-LOW, b-minus1, Sandwolf
AT-LOW (2): merk, dy.
SolusLunes (2): CCKeane, Grandicap, Grandicap, Grandicap
ObamaAkbar. (1): Sandwolf
Grandicap (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Philip J. Fry (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Sandwolf (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy.
Mr. Steak (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
sandnavyguy (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (8): .random, Hal Insandenza, ilmucche, Mr. Steak, SalTheBard, sandnavyguy, SolusLunes, Toalpaz

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 10th, 2021 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 18 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Not voting solus, I agree with AT-LOW’s assessment that it’s better to keep him alive for now so we can possibly execute 2 scummy players in one day.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Tbh I get the feeling this might be like last game where scum just chilled out while town destroyed each other

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Tbh I get the feeling this might be like last game where scum just chilled out while town destroyed each other

Sandwolf posted:

##vote OA

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i didnt agree with sandwolf's blatant lurker vote, but it just so happens that those last 2 posts are bad

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
""lurker"" in big quotes, i should specify

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote oa

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
coming in with an entire handful of townreads and absolutely nothing else is lame.

then again, maybe he's typing a big effortpost about someone right now and this is premature

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ObamaAkbar. posted:

im interpreting this as a town read on anyone who got pressured today

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

coming in with an entire handful of townreads and absolutely nothing else is lame.

then again, maybe he's typing a big effortpost about someone right now and this is premature

Nah I’m just lazy sorry about that, nothing is sticking out for me at the moment, think it’s slightly odd that sandwolf voted me out of nowhere though

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

What’s curious to me also is that you haven’t had a single scum read so far from what I can see, all town reads too...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

so solus' play doesn't look great to me, but i also understand the draw of rando shooting someone. It reminds me of cpig shooting grandicap in chaos, and cpig was 3p vig or serial killer or whatever.

i'm very curious about the charging vigilante role, seems like something someone would've definitely jumped on. maybe someone is charging up a spirit bomb

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ObamaAkbar. posted:

What’s curious to me also is that you haven’t had a single scum read so far from what I can see, all town reads too...

valid complaint. i should have been more specific. the issue isnt so much that you've not given any scumreads. it's that by calling everyone involved in the day's major discussions town, you are lowkey invalidating those discussions, ie saying they arent really worth attention. on top of that, you accuse scum of sitting back comfortably, but left it at that vague statement without analyzing any specific behavior through that lens

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also (tho this isnt a serious point), as sandwolf so concisely pointed out, you aren't one to accuse others of sitting back while town fights.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

valid complaint. i should have been more specific. the issue isnt so much that you've not given any scumreads. it's that by calling everyone involved in the day's major discussions town, you are lowkey invalidating those discussions, ie saying they arent really worth attention. on top of that, you accuse scum of sitting back comfortably, but left it at that vague statement without analyzing any specific behavior through that lens

I never said that I think they are all town though? There isn’t much behaviour to point to though for quite a few of the lower post count players. Scum won last game by letting town get on with it when they were going after each other, I’m just suggesting that might be happening again. In particular the dy. sandwolf thing feels like town on town to me.

Your vote for me does feel slightly opportunistic to me though, though maybe I am acting scummy I’m not exactly impartial here.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

ilmucche posted:

so solus' play doesn't look great to me, but i also understand the draw of rando shooting someone. It reminds me of cpig shooting grandicap in chaos, and cpig was 3p vig or serial killer or whatever.

i'm very curious about the charging vigilante role, seems like something someone would've definitely jumped on. maybe someone is charging up a spirit bomb

I think it’s a little early for all this setup spec.

1. Setup spec “I’m very curious about the specifics of this role, even though it’s d1 and ultimately none of this helps to determine alignment”
2. Hedging on a read “doesn’t look great, but...”
3. 3p hunting on d1
4. Referring to a previous game

Yep this reads like a scum post

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

also (tho this isnt a serious point), as sandwolf so concisely pointed out, you aren't one to accuse others of sitting back while town fights.

Not sure what you are getting at here, are you accusing me of lurking? Or is this a reference to my previous game? I’m not going to criticise anyone for sitting back while a big slap fight is happening, it’s a smart tactic for scum tbh.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Not sure what you are getting at here, are you accusing me of lurking? Or is this a reference to my previous game? I’m not going to criticise anyone for sitting back while a big slap fight is happening, it’s a smart tactic for scum tbh.

what i assume sandwolf meant was that you'd hardly made any posts in the game, and certainly none of substance. which is ironic, considering your post. i was just acknowledging that irony. i dont think it strengthens my case at all. probably shouldnt have even said it, sorry

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly, im not even feeling the oa vote anymore now that he's posted like 5x as many words in thread.

gonna look back at ilemucche's posts after that binus post

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(also, warning about my horrendous sleep schedule. i may randomly go offline for several hours at almost no notice. on the other hand i may sometimes be active for longer than 24 hours at a time)

(i say this cuz its currently 5:45am)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

1. Setup spec “I’m very curious about the specifics of this role, even though it’s d1 and ultimately none of this helps to determine alignment”
3. 3p hunting on d1

that's certainly some reach there binus

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
b- wrote a case!!!!

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Mr. Steak posted:

(also, warning about my horrendous sleep schedule. i may randomly go offline for several hours at almost no notice. on the other hand i may sometimes be active for longer than 24 hours at a time)

(i say this cuz its currently 5:45am)

I feel this, especially because it is currently 4:30 and I should be asleep like 5 hours ago

This is honestly one of the highest-content D1s I've seen in recent memory, so I'm excited to see how things develop when some of our quieter voices get chances to show up and chime in

And on the topic of quiet voices, Sal has two posts: a vanilla claim, and a post looking at a vig target and going "god I wish that were me"

I, uhh, I hope Sal is doing alright!

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

b-minus1 posted:

3. 3p hunting on d1

This might also be the 4:30 speaking but I feel like I just had a revelation and I now completely understand binus's play and why he does everything he does

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im interested to know what toal thinks about anything at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh yeah ##unvote