Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TowerofOil posted:

Saitama showing up late and saving the day after everyone has been defeated is kinda the point isn't it?

For smaller stories sometimes but the last big S-Class threat has Saitama kill Boros with none of them aware it had even happened, because they were busy fighting everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Bucswabe posted:

I'm definitely more focused on the meta-story here:
- what are the monsters; why are people turning superhuman?
- what is God, and is it trying to wipe out humanity?
- what are the character arcs for all the heroes
- what will allow Saitama to be fulfilled; will he ever have a good fight, or achieve a sense of purpose

All the action is just glorious filler

Didn’t we get an answer for that first one? Monsterfication happens because normal humans become obsessed with X and turn into a hosed up version of it, like Crablante. The other kind of monster are just creatures that have always existed like the sea people.

I think we’re just supposed to accept that OPM works like Dragonball or something wrt humans and super strength; Saitama before his hair fell out was Just A Guy and still was taking on tiger level monsters so it’s easy to believe that some people like Bang have reached the pinnacle of human martial prowess and are just demigods.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

Didn’t we get an answer for that first one? Monsterfication happens because normal humans become obsessed with X and turn into a hosed up version of it, like Crablante.
But isn't that something very recent? Like within Saitama's lifetime? Why is it only occurring recently and not before?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Didn’t we get an answer for that first one? Monsterfication happens because normal humans become obsessed with X and turn into a hosed up version of it, like Crablante. The other kind of monster are just creatures that have always existed like the sea people.

I think we’re just supposed to accept that OPM works like Dragonball or something wrt humans and super strength; Saitama before his hair fell out was Just A Guy and still was taking on tiger level monsters so it’s easy to believe that some people like Bang have reached the pinnacle of human martial prowess and are just demigods.

Yeah we've gotten an explanation of the trigger, but I do feel like the story is hinting about a larger overall reason for it. It's said throughout the story so far that monster attacks are getting more frequent and that the monsters are getting stronger. There also seems to be a connection between various monsters and God. Psychos (who was directly powered up by God) talked about having discovered a formula for creating powerful monsters and I think this is connected to the cubes, and that facility that was researching Espers.

I might be wrong, and there is nothing more to it than "monster are just a thing in this universe", but I'm betting there's more going on than just that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TheLoneStar posted:

But isn't that something very recent? Like within Saitama's lifetime? Why is it only occurring recently and not before?

Monster appearances and strength have been stated to be going up since before the start of the manga, and ratcheted up several times after shibabawa's prophecy.

So the implication is theyve always been a thing but not as bad as its become.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
There was a big 'ol monster in Tatsumaki's flashback scene, and Blast has been active for at least that long, so it has to stretch back a fair ways.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1391104131905949697?s=19

He really is just gonna do it all himself. Don't need even worse animation for season 3 if he just animates the manga.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Hey all, Chapter 145 is ready to go!

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/RS30GBu/1/1/

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
who can not find this funny

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hello this is Chef John from Food Wishes .com with...

Hasselback sperm

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Did Atomic Samurai do something different with his hair recently?

And I thought Tornado's arms got broken but I guess not.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 14, 2021

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

quote:

One, two, three, four
Black Sperm, Black Sperm
Does whatever a sperm can
Cums a web any size
Catches heroes just like flies
Look out, here comes the Black Sperm

gently caress yeah Black Spppperrrrm

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Soon to be the Shiny Black Sperm.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
hell yes black sperm gently caress yes

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Jerkface posted:

https://twitter.com/thesourwarhead/status/1325626265173364736?lang=en

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Soon to be the Shiny Black Sperm.

It's not nice to look down on Black Sperm

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Imagine people thinking Fuhrer Ugly could dent this magnificently sculpted body.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Lol atomic samurai thinking outside the box. If I can’t cut him and I can’t cut him harder then bludgeon him!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

Lol atomic samurai thinking outside the box. If I can’t cut him and I can’t cut him harder then bludgeon him!

Yeah I love little things like this that really show ONE's creativity. Have atomic samurai figure out that he can't chop Black Sperm to bits, so instead have him deli-slice the guy in a way that keeps him in one piece, and then just beat the poo poo out of him.

Also on that note: the image of Evil Natural Water absorbing the entire ocean is pretty horrifying.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jerkface posted:

"They love Saitama, they love Genos, and the kid with one arm LOVES the Speedo guy!"

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
good chapter, todays been a good day overall

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Revins posted:

good chapter, todays been a good day overall

This chapter came out on the day that I got my first vaccine so I agreed with this sentiment!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm more sure why but the STARE bubble panel cracks me up.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Lord_Magmar posted:

For smaller stories sometimes but the last big S-Class threat has Saitama kill Boros with none of them aware it had even happened, because they were busy fighting everything else.
Tatsumaki casually redirected Boros's ship's artillery back into itself but the ship stays basically in the same place just with some superficial damage. Then, when Saitama jumps back from the Moon (!!!!!!) it shifts the ship far more than she did with her casual flick, and she reacts with surprise. Sure, Tatsumaki could affect the ship like that but she hasn't built up to that point, and somebody other than her moved something she knows no other S class could move. From what we saw, she didn't know Boros or Saitama were there, but she reacted to something very powerful happening when she was not involved.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

CannonFodder posted:

Tatsumaki casually redirected Boros's ship's artillery back into itself but the ship stays basically in the same place just with some superficial damage. Then, when Saitama jumps back from the Moon (!!!!!!) it shifts the ship far more than she did with her casual flick, and she reacts with surprise. Sure, Tatsumaki could affect the ship like that but she hasn't built up to that point, and somebody other than her moved something she knows no other S class could move. From what we saw, she didn't know Boros or Saitama were there, but she reacted to something very powerful happening when she was not involved.

True, but she's not aware of Boros or Saitama, and none of the others are aware of anyone but her damaging the ship at all. Which still is basically what I said, the point being that it wasn't the S-Class failing to beat someone who Saitama one-shots, it's that they had a more traditional fight whilst Saitama did his thing with someone they're unaware of.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Speaking of the moon, I really like that little scene they did in the anime where instead of monologuing to himself Saitama just kinda gauges how much the gravity affects him wordlessly by tossing a moon pebble.

Man, sure would be sweet if Bones wanted to adapt the Muruta version with the ONE style. Or if the S1 dream team got back together but I’m trying to hold out for a realistic miracle.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Atomic Samurai must have Heaven's Door, because he turned that one Sperm into a book.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

New raw is here https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496334930840

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:bisonyes:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Oh my god yes, it's happening

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

At long last, my boy is back.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
it's him

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Fellis posted:

it's him

Thats right, its Superalloy Darkshine

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
English translation

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SPERM TSUNAMI

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Holy poo poo it finally happened. Garou entered the fray at the surface. Finally were moving on in this arc. That took way to long.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The hype is real and demon cyborg garou looks fantastic

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I barely even remember the last time he showed up, why does Garou look like that again? Was he like that before?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

TheLoneStar posted:

I barely even remember the last time he showed up, why does Garou look like that again? Was he like that before?
lol

The Garou Arc: Who was Garou again?

Anyway, Garou grew stronger every time he got beat, and the last few times he got beat he bled a lot, and the blood started to fuse with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
What happened to Fuhrer ugly?