Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
In 880 hours of Stellaris I've never meaningfully interacted with factions, positively or negatively. Never paid attention to them at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

How are u posted:

In 880 hours of Stellaris I've never meaningfully interacted with factions, positively or negatively. Never paid attention to them at all.

Sometimes there a big faction and you can get a nice influence generation boost by making it happier, and you can do that by changing some policy you don't care about.

And then all the other times yes, there's simply ignoring them because there just isn't that much to do with them.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thats why I'm so annoyed! When I play Authoritarian and I enslave people, 50%+ of my pops go Egalitarian! And I keep it so my species is the only species not enslaved!!

There are a ton of modifiers for pop ethics attraction, but the wiki details all of them:
https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Ethics

Going Imperial + Decadent is a good way to make sure you have a strong Authoritarian faction, and then you just have to stick to Authoritarian living standards and be unfriendly toward egalitarian empires

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I'm in year 2220 on a new game as Egalitarian + Xenophobe + Militarist, and those are the exact 3 factions that I have. For whatever that's worth

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm in the middle of a war of aggression and my federation changed the laws to where only the president gets to start/end wars. I am not the president. This is a coup!

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

DatonKallandor posted:

Any pop mechanics based on jobs or housing or migration paradox tries to implement are immediately undermined by manual resettlement and manual job management. Both of those things need to go for the planet mechanics to ever get to a fun place.

I think that planet mechanics are already in a fun place, but I do agree that the manual management tends to encourage a lot of tedium. Some people really want that sort of hands-on control, but I think that it ends up being difficult to support both types of play.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

I'm playing unmodded, Conformist, Fanatic Materialist + Egalitarian, Intelligent, Natural Engineer, Repugnant, rock people who took One Vision as their first Ascension Perk.

Are you guys telling me that none of you ever have to deal with this bullshit? Because I will *never* be able to get rid of these factions now.

edit: like... I thought going with the Traditional perk made getting spiritualist pops more likely but maybe I'm just broke brained. I dont loving know anymore but I'm really tired of my games getting derailed by having to deal with 45% of my pops being in wrong-ethics factions 15 years into a game. This is a permanent handicap on all of those pops' happiness and therefore productivity and it pisses me the gently caress off.

I took a look at my FanMat game after I'd converted all my pops to glorious machines:

Your problem is too many of your pops are inefficient meat sacks.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I'm playing unmodded, Conformist, Fanatic Materialist + Egalitarian, Intelligent, Natural Engineer, Repugnant, rock people who took One Vision as their first Ascension Perk.

Are you guys telling me that none of you ever have to deal with this bullshit? Because I will *never* be able to get rid of these factions now.

edit: like... I thought going with the Traditional perk made getting spiritualist pops more likely but maybe I'm just broke brained. I dont loving know anymore but I'm really tired of my games getting derailed by having to deal with 45% of my pops being in wrong-ethics factions 15 years into a game. This is a permanent handicap on all of those pops' happiness and therefore productivity and it pisses me the gently caress off.

Occasionally I get one big faction of opposite ethos if my first or second leader happens to be the leader of all opposing faction for some reason, but it's not a big deal. It's true that they'll never go away which is irritating as hell, but their attraction is usually <5% so they can simply be ignored.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Thats why I'm so annoyed! When I play Authoritarian and I enslave people, 50%+ of my pops go Egalitarian! And I keep it so my species is the only species not enslaved!!

I think they might be unhappy? Having slaves causes huge spikes in both Auth and Egli, depending on where the pop is standing and if they're liking life as it is. Happy slavemaster pops are Auth, unhappy slaves (and possibly non-slaves who are on a world with a slave) go Egli. Normally slave preference isn't an issue, unless you have Slaver Guilds and are enslaving your own pops, real easy to accidentally make a bunch of Egli's who then get liberated when the xenos arrive.

I generally find that keeping the master race deliriously happy (stratified etc), and needing only the 'freebies' for ethics attraction like the edict etc and not the ascension perk nor racial traits, are plenty enough. Like, I'd be Fanatic Xeno + Normal Auth, but thanks to those edicts etc I'd be at 66% Auth, 30% Xeno (so backwards, almost), and the rest chump change that can get supressed, assuming they show up at all.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

How are u posted:

Factions are kind of a dumb system! In 1.X, I just adopted a set of policies that annoyed the fewest of them the least and then never thought about them again. Now, I just spam Black Sites everywhere, adopt meaningless policies as a sop to some of them (who cares about native interaction, for ex), close their stupid tab, and continue not thinking about them. Factions are a big disappointing flop and have never been interesting.

ShadowHawk posted:

This is clearly a scripting bug. I went ahead and reported it - it looks like it probably applies to the inverse case as well.

It does apply in the reverse case. And you're ruining all of my pro strats, lol

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 8, 2021

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
The game is better now, but I took a one year hiatus from Stellaris due to frustration with known bugs that were trivial to fix (tested script fixes already included in the bug reports), or should be easy to fix with access to game code (the slave market UI shows current rather than target habitability).

I went through my old bug report posts: about half of them are still live. This is despite posting a "good bug report" with clear test case and screenshots/saves attached. Some are from over a year ago, some have been confirmed by other users in the forum. All have no paradox comment. Most are trivial to verify - it's clear no one ever did, or at least they didn't take the 10 seconds to post a "copied to our internal bug tracker" note in the forum.

Some did get fixed, though none of my personal ones got a response. I suspect these were the ones coincidentally reported internally through some other means.

During that year hiatus all I really wanted Paradox to do was fix some bugs and work on general AI improvements. Instead it looks like we also have a lot of totally foreseeable problems introduced via the new features of the 3.0 patch:

- Meaningful intelligence is near impossible without the expansion and its espionage unlocks, and as a result "normal players" lose access to a lot of basic information like "why this empire hates you". Diplomacy has turned into a giant black box unless you remember the mechanics from before and can make a reasonable guess.
- The performance work to move things from "constant checks" to "triggered checks" left clear damage in the form of a bunch of new bugs like "x is broken until you reload the game". Examples: happiness on faction change, diplomacy acceptance from distance
- The logistic and pop empire growth models are interesting as a general balance shift, but it is clear that no effort has (yet) been done on empire types that are obviously more affected than others. Rogue servitors, for instance, ended up incredibly weak, and barbaric despoilers ended up incredibly strong.

I'm genuinely happy other fixes have slipped in, some even pleasant surprises like the crime lord deal nerf -- but it's not hard to see that general polish isn't really a priority here. Stellaris fared better than the recent Europa release, but there's a clear danger of going that way if things like this continue. Hopefully we get a few more good weeks of bugfixing before the devs do their traditional 5-month total disappearance to go heads down on the next DLC.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

It seems I'm not the only one frustrated; one person has collected all the obvious user-supplied script fixes and made an Unofficial Patch mod, with a strong "obvious improvements to vanilla only" policy.

As I understand these changes get included in a lot of other AI mods.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

pmchem posted:

Please add your comments / bugs to the AI feedback thread if relevant, I feel like this is the last chance to fix the AI

It's not. Work will continue past wherever 3.0.X ends up.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

- Meaningful intelligence is near impossible without the expansion and its espionage unlocks, and as a result "normal players" lose access to a lot of basic information like "why this empire hates you". Diplomacy has turned into a giant black box unless you remember the mechanics from before and can make a reasonable guess.

This is very true and so annoying. It also applies to enemy ship designs, where the info still exists, it's just buried deeper in the UI. (You can find it in battle reports or salvage listings.)

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Here is a screen from my first game in 3.0, as egalitarian/materialist/xenophile

I also did a bunch of conquering of some spiritualists that explains the somewhat large faction for them, and other factions existing is not strange, especially in an egalitarian democracy, but compared to the 3 government ones they are tiny.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

No xenos, no problem.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Genetic engineering is the best: Just had this annoying thing happen where some backwoods-yokels self-modify themselves into super mutants or whatever, and then start a string of events of normals and supers killing each other. Very dumb!

I "solved" the problem by upgrading my entire species, including the meta-weirdos, back into an improved template, thus utterly wiping out the problem. :v:

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Eugenics solves all problems.

This game speedruns you into a horrible monster because being such is optimal strategy and/or most convenient.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Wilekat posted:

This game speedruns you into a horrible monster because being such is optimal strategy and/or most convenient.

But this isn't the Crusader Kings thread?

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
I went into this Rogue Servitor game thinking I will save all the organics from themselves.

Now I "accidently" forget my fleets on indiscriminate bombardment stance a few months/years extra after the garrison is dead and really, if you put a big shield around their planets isn't that the ultimate way to protect them?! I mean no one can get in and attack them!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

how long do you usually play as egalitarian before giving up because you feel like your game is derailed? because early factions can be problematic, but the ones you don't want will generally just fade away over time. it is not a "permanent" handicap on those pops' happiness because ethics shift is a thing!!

also, you may have 45% of your pops in "wrong-ethics" factions, but that doesn't mean that faction has to be upset with you. personally, i would be perfectly happy with the level of happiness that your militarist faction has; it will improve as you get rivals and fight wars, anyway. so that faction isn't really a problem. what on earth are you doing as an egalitarian that is upsetting your xenophile faction so much? they are generally the easiest bunch to please! you must have some policies set to space rear end in a top hat options that probably don't need to be set to the space rear end in a top hat options, at least right now.

so, if we presume that maybe 15 years later in the game you will have a couple of rivals, and you've actually tried to please the xenophile faction, 90% of your pops are happy and fine by 2230 even if they aren't aligned with your governing ethics. they don't need to be your governing ethics, they just need to have a set of ethics that are compatible with materialist egalitarian; that's basically everybody except for authoritarian, which is a faction that shouldn't ever really get a foothold in your empire, and spiritualist, who will be a persistent thorn in your side that you might want to suppress at some point. you will have to choose xenophile or xenophobe, with xenophile generally being the easier route. as a result, you should generally have one actual problem faction (spiritualists) and tiny minorities of authoritarians and whichever of xenophile/xenophobe you choose not to accommodate.

so...yes, we do have to "deal with this bullshit", but there are actual strategies for dealing with it that maybe someone who's played exclusively authoritarian empires wouldn't immediately think of, like actually paying attention to non-governing faction demands (:ssh: they are generally not a big deal). in this case, if you please the materialist, egalitarian, xenophile/xenophobe, and militarist factions, almost all of your population should end up happy almost all of the time.

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 8, 2021

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

LordMune posted:

It's not. Work will continue past wherever 3.0.X ends up.

you're the best, that's great to hear.

I posted a couple most test results (with saves, etc.) from 3.0.3 (bfcc) observer games in the official feedback threads. I think things are improved over 3.0.2, but many problems still remain.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Hrmm, with the changes to the production buildings being increased base job output, that makes the production edicts a lot better. I wonder how +max edict stuff will shake out, since you can start with up to 3, and that could be a reasonable increase in your empire output.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thanks for all the replies re: factions being stupid. I researched it in my game about why I got the Xenophile and Spiritualist factions. The game says the two should combine to be almost 40% of my pops due to the factors that caused them to be created, which..... gently caress that noise. Having a diplomatic agreement with xenos should not cause 20% of my pops to go xenophile when I am stacking every gov ethics attraction modifier in the game. Similarly, having a diplomatic agreement with a Spiritualist empire should not cause 18% of my pops to go spiritualist. Its just insane.

Jazerus posted:

how long do you usually play as egalitarian before giving up because you feel like your game is derailed? because early factions can be problematic, but the ones you don't want will generally just fade away over time. it is not a "permanent" handicap on those pops' happiness because ethics shift is a thing!!

also, you may have 45% of your pops in "wrong-ethics" factions, but that doesn't mean that faction has to be upset with you. personally, i would be perfectly happy with the level of happiness that your militarist faction has; it will improve as you get rivals and fight wars, anyway. so that faction isn't really a problem. what on earth are you doing as an egalitarian that is upsetting your xenophile faction so much? they are generally the easiest bunch to please! you must have some policies set to space rear end in a top hat options that probably don't need to be set to the space rear end in a top hat options, at least right now.

so, if we presume that maybe 15 years later in the game you will have a couple of rivals, and you've actually tried to please the xenophile faction, 90% of your pops are happy and fine by 2230 even if they aren't aligned with your governing ethics. they don't need to be your governing ethics, they just need to have a set of ethics that are compatible with egalitarian, which is basically everybody except for xenophobe and authoritarian, which are two factions that shouldn't ever really get a foothold in your empire.

so...yes, we do have to "deal with this bullshit", but there are actual strategies for dealing with it that maybe someone who's played exclusively authoritarian empires wouldn't immediately think of, like actually paying attention to non-governing faction demands (:ssh: they are generally not a big deal). in this case, if you please the materialist, egalitarian, xenophile, and militarist factions, almost all of your population should end up happy almost all of the time.
I give up immediately because the factions do not "generally fade away over time" - they usually take the gently caress over. Ethics Shift is seemingly not a thing because as I have mentioned, I stack literally every modifier available (no exaggeration) and I still get non-governing ethics factions with 50% of my pops, every single game, no matter what my governing ethics are - this is not an Authoritarian-only thing and I'm not sure where you get that I play "only" that, my prior posts on the subject have been about that is my preference but I never said its the only thing I do. I'm not trying to be combatative here but I just dont get how some people say "this is literally not a problem" when it negative effects every game of Stellaris I start.

editing to accommodate your edit: Also, its impossible to please opposing factions. I cannot make both my Fanatic Materialist faction and the invading Spiritualist factions happy because the system is incredibly binary because the only way to interact with them is policies. Also, there is other stuff like if I try to make the Xenophile faction happy it makes the Militarist faction unhappy. Its a lose-lose proposition and I just either want it to go away, be less overwhelmingly negative at all times, or at least be less binary so if I have a materialist and spiritualist faction I can actually make both somewhat happy somehow.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 8, 2021

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I think it would be more of a problem if it had any appreciable effect.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I have never once had that kind of faction spread at that low of a pop level across any of my empires. And I play a LOT of egalitarians. Really, really curious what is happening to you there.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Wilekat posted:

Genetic engineering and Eugenics are two totally different things. For one thing, Eugenics is incredibly evil and has not much, if anything, to do with genes

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Thanks for all the replies re: factions being stupid. I researched it in my game about why I got the Xenophile and Spiritualist factions. The game says the two should combine to be almost 40% of my pops due to the factors that caused them to be created, which..... gently caress that noise. Having a diplomatic agreement with xenos should not cause 20% of my pops to go xenophile when I am stacking every gov ethics attraction modifier in the game. Similarly, having a diplomatic agreement with a Spiritualist empire should not cause 18% of my pops to go spiritualist. Its just insane.

I give up immediately because the factions do not "generally fade away over time" - they usually take the gently caress over. Ethics Shift is seemingly not a thing because as I have mentioned, I stack literally every modifier available (no exaggeration) and I still get non-governing ethics factions with 50% of my pops, every single game, no matter what my governing ethics are - this is not an Authoritarian-only thing and I'm not sure where you get that I play "only" that, my prior posts on the subject have been about that is my preference but I never said its the only thing I do. I'm not trying to be combatative here but I just dont get how some people say "this is literally not a problem" when it negative effects every game of Stellaris I start.

editing to accommodate your edit: Also, its impossible to please opposing factions. I cannot make both my Fanatic Materialist faction and the invading Spiritualist factions happy because the system is incredibly binary because the only way to interact with them is policies. Also, there is other stuff like if I try to make the Xenophile faction happy it makes the Militarist faction unhappy. Its a lose-lose proposition and I just either want it to go away, be less overwhelmingly negative at all times, or at least be less binary so if I have a materialist and spiritualist faction I can actually make both somewhat happy somehow.

i don't know what to say. you are going to have to dumpster the spiritualists at some point yes, and you can't make both xenophiles and xenophobes happy, but in your situation those are basically the only constraints. other than switching to cooperative diplomacy, nothing that pleases the xenophiles is going to upset the militarists as far as i know! and i play xenophile/militarist/egalitarian a lot so hopefully i know what i'm talking about. you're pissing off the xenophiles with things like unrestricted native studies, intolerance toward pre-sapients, purge allowed, etc. which are all things that the militarists do not care about at all either way.

anyway yeah as an egalitarian you absolutely will have a diverse spread of ethics for the whole game other than just your governing ones, but like i said, you can please non-governing ethic factions pretty easily too. it is not an actual issue to have an empire that is 50% non-governing ethics if most of those pops are still happy.

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 8, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Psycho Landlord posted:

I have never once had that kind of faction spread at that low of a pop level across any of my empires. And I play a LOT of egalitarians. Really, really curious what is happening to you there.
Apparently its simply because I made contact with a spiritualist xeno then signed a NAP with them. Thats it:

And of course, like someone mentioned, now that the faction exists, it pulls more people towards it simply by existing lmao

Then I have a militarist faction because my faction leader:

And now that the faction exists... people get pulled into it. It boggles my mind that the dev thinks this is a fun and engaging mechanic and have left it as it is for so long.

Jazerus posted:

i don't know what to say.
I appreciate all the feedback, I think I thought that changing one of the Xeno-related policies would affect militarists but I was wrong. In any case I have learned a lot from all the feedback and will start a new game and be more careful about things I do to cause attraction to factions.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I know you're tilted from it, but it's imo not a bad system? The basic thrust is that your pops will develop opinions of your own, and have to be pandered to or dealt with otherwise. You can squash things, you can just ignore it as it's at the very worst case scenario a happiness debuff to a small slice of random pops sprinkled across your empire. I mean, I once upon a time played a xenophile pacifist game, and my biggest faction where egalitarians who where 100% happy since I was unwittingly roleplaying 'the good guys'. The individual little triggers are rather comprehensive for such a small system; such as explicitly chumming up to a neighbor making their ethics look better.

Now of course this being Stellaris there needs to be a huge asterix over that entire paragraph that discludes bugs+crap such as all pops being randomly assigned ethics at game start for void dwellers, or ethics migration not triggering, etc.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I like factions my empire meets other people and starts to shift its assumptions based on what’s in the universe. The same thing can happen to other species! It feels like a natural part of being in a broader universe and is fun.

Then if I want to I can embrace this amazing diversity ideas or reintroduce people to the proper way of living by force. Keeping a fascist society happy SHOULD be hard if you have political relations with egalitarian empires who keep teaching your people about “rights” and “ethics”

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
My personal thoughts on the faction system is that it... just needs to be more mallable?

As is your factions are just kind of... either going to love you or hate you forever. And from my personal experience "squashing" a faction is a pipe dream.

I know the "Suppress Faction" Button exists but I'm not convinced it actually does anything. Certainly not in any sort of appreciable time-frame for the quite frankly ridiculous influence cost attached to it.

As with most systems they also don't really... tie into anything. Why are they not hooked into events? It's such an easy thing.

Like reviving the dead aliens via Robots could be an easy Materialist/Xenophile temporary boost or something like that.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Yeah that’s a good point. Having a massive xenophile faction should give you a boost during first contact or when you declare war you suddenly get an alloy production boost because your militaristic faction is inspired.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Apparently its simply because I made contact with a spiritualist xeno then signed a NAP with them. Thats it:

And of course, like someone mentioned, now that the faction exists, it pulls more people towards it simply by existing lmao

Then I have a militarist faction because my faction leader:

And now that the faction exists... people get pulled into it. It boggles my mind that the dev thinks this is a fun and engaging mechanic and have left it as it is for so long.

I appreciate all the feedback, I think I thought that changing one of the Xeno-related policies would affect militarists but I was wrong. In any case I have learned a lot from all the feedback and will start a new game and be more careful about things I do to cause attraction to factions.

Not gonna lie this looks extremely normal to me and I think you just don't understand how factions work and expect to only have your two or three chosen ethics? Especially that early in the game your basically bitching before anything has even happened, unless you're xenophobe you basically always have every faction spawn as soon as you start meeting other empires.

Build deep space black sites over every habitable system (always, 5% stability is huge) and use the edict to shift ethics if it bothers you, it's not difficult to keep your empire your chosen ethics you just need to give it time. Promote/suppress a faction if you have excess influence and really want speed it along, but again, that still isn't fast.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
There's nothing wrong with the faction system. It's only bad if you consider it from a purely xenophile perspective, because factions tend to work against those empires since it is inevitable that they will get populations with opposing ethics. The trade-off is that xenophiles get massive influxes of population, which is really important in general for resource production (and overall power).

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Serephina posted:

Now of course this being Stellaris there needs to be a huge asterix over that entire paragraph that discludes bugs+crap such as all pops being randomly assigned ethics at game start for void dwellers, or ethics migration not triggering, etc.

Eh, Asterix is too small and if you stretch him, it just looks weird. I'd rather have a big Obelix instead

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mr. Crow posted:

Not gonna lie this looks extremely normal to me and I think you just don't understand how factions work and expect to only have your two or three chosen ethics? Especially that early in the game your basically bitching before anything has even happened, unless you're xenophobe you basically always have every faction spawn as soon as you start meeting other empires.

Build deep space black sites over every habitable system (always, 5% stability is huge) and use the edict to shift ethics if it bothers you, it's not difficult to keep your empire your chosen ethics you just need to give it time. Promote/suppress a faction if you have excess influence and really want speed it along, but again, that still isn't fast.
Not gonna lie it seems to me like you're not actually reading my posts. I've already talked about how I do everything possible to affect ethics shift and have specifically listed Edicts as something I use and that Deep Space Black Sites as something I build where possible. I've also said that I do not expect every single pop to be in my empire ethics' factions but I think its absurd that I cant even keep half in my preferred factions. I have also pointed out that repressing/promoting factions does not seem to do anything. My complaints are:
  • As Yami Fenrir, the system should be more malleable and tied into other things
  • Its arbitrary and random
  • I can use every tool the game provides to steer my pops into staying my empire's ethics but more than 50% end up in non-empire ethics, every game

I've also said that I have learned new things thanks to what people have said and am taking those things I have learned to try to get better and be more effectual at getting the outcomes that I want. Before you write a condescending post about "you just dont understand it" then tell me to do things that I have already said I'm doing, you should try to read and interpret what I'm saying rather that seemingly look at one screenshot then talk down to me.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Not gonna lie it seems to me like you're not actually reading my posts. I've already talked about how I do everything possible to affect ethics shift and have specifically listed Edicts as something I use and that Deep Space Black Sites as something I build where possible. I've also said that I do not expect every single pop to be in my empire ethics' factions but I think its absurd that I cant even keep half in my preferred factions. I have also pointed out that repressing/promoting factions does not seem to do anything. My complaints are:
  • As Yami Fenrir, the system should be more malleable and tied into other things
  • Its arbitrary and random
  • I can use every tool the game provides to steer my pops into staying my empire's ethics but more than 50% end up in non-empire ethics, every game

I've also said that I have learned new things thanks to what people have said and am taking those things I have learned to try to get better and be more effectual at getting the outcomes that I want. Before you write a condescending post about "you just dont understand it" then tell me to do things that I have already said I'm doing, you should try to read and interpret what I'm saying rather that seemingly look at one screenshot then talk down to me.

You're actively doing a bunch of stuff to steer it away from what you want, and complaining that the tools you have aren't letting you completely ignore those factors.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

ZypherIM posted:

You're actively doing a bunch of stuff to steer it away from what you want, and complaining that the tools you have aren't letting you completely ignore those factors.

That's true in some cases, but having your empire ruler become the leader of a faction that opposes your empire's ethics is random bullshit that you can't do much about without spending a ton of influence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Stellaris/common/lawsuits/00_example.txt
code:
# Example Lawsuit Type

# lawsuit_type = {
#	effect = {}			# scaling effect, scope is country
#	cost = {}			# cost to settle the lawsuit
#	duration = X		# default duration of the lawsuit