Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dogs + peanut butter is a great combination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
also this beefcake bulldog at the park was hilarious

E:

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 8, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Happy sleepy pups just melt my heart :kimchi:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Jay Rust posted:

Happy sleepy pups just melt my heart :kimchi:

Oh, word?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Awwww with the ear folded and just eeeeeeeee :3:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Heard we doing sleepy pups

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB5LCu1J8-0

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

I tried, but dog is alert.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
going out to do a bunch of stuff, watching out the passenger seat window

first trip to petco was...hectic, lotta pee on the floor in multiple spots which set her off, and a puppy who wanted to play but since she was three times his size that wasn't happening and she didn't like that. Bought lots of treats, toys, a pooper scooper, some food(blue buffalo was recommended) and a bunch of different balls to throw

then we went to an enclosed tennis court to use all the newly-purchased bouncy balls and tennis balls and she ran around for an hour, quickly losing interest in playing fetch but very interested in sniffing the entire perimeter of the area multiple times and occasionally sprinting back and forth. I forgot my phone in the car so no pictures, but it was fairly uneventful. lots of ticks, but they were easily disposed of, turns out a tennis court is perfectly designed to grind ticks into paste under a boot. I wish ticks went extinct

on the way home, curled up in the passenger seat sound asleep

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 9, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Those two little pink toe beans :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I wanna nuzzle Apollo's fat little belly :kimchi:

Also surprise pups are the best pups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X80CY0N1deg

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Aubrie had too many toys so we had to get her a toy box.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Very accurate

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Captain Invictus posted:

first trip to petco was...hectic, lotta pee on the floor in multiple spots which set her off, and a puppy who wanted to play but since she was three times his size that wasn't happening and she didn't like that. Bought lots of treats, toys, a pooper scooper, some food(blue buffalo was recommended) and a bunch of different balls to throw

then we went to an enclosed tennis court to use all the newly-purchased bouncy balls and tennis balls and she ran around for an hour, quickly losing interest in playing fetch but very interested in sniffing the entire perimeter of the area multiple times and occasionally sprinting back and forth. I forgot my phone in the car so no pictures, but it was fairly uneventful. lots of ticks, but they were easily disposed of, turns out a tennis court is perfectly designed to grind ticks into paste under a boot. I wish ticks went extinct

You (and other dog owners) might want to get the medicine pair of Heart Gard and Nexgard. The Heartgrd protects against heartworm infection, and the Nexgard protects against ticks and fleas (they bite the dog and die rapidly). Worth every cent for Gulliver.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

You (and other dog owners) might want to get the medicine pair of Heart Gard and Nexgard. The Heartgrd protects against heartworm infection, and the Nexgard protects against ticks and fleas (they bite the dog and die rapidly). Worth every cent for Gulliver.

I was using those 2 but I recently switched to Simparica, which is a 2-in-1 and is cheaper than those two separately

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Sab669 posted:

I was using those 2 but I recently switched to Simparica, which is a 2-in-1 and is cheaper than those two separately

That's good to know, I hadn't heard of that medicine.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Checks out.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Imagine being this comfortable.

(e: Second place to Monty at :45 of that video where he does the pffffft snore)

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 9, 2021

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Imagine being this comfortable.

We humans are incapable of being that comfortable. In exchange, we have dogs.

:3:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://www.instagram.com/p/COnimSbhR0i/?igshid=rew5gsmbzp5o

This is a crazy high bar for “Coziest Dog” but I’ll dedicate the rest of my life to trying to match it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yep, she is already treated for all of those. In fact there were some ticks I missed while checking her on her blanket, curled up and dead. I just don't want them to, say, get off her and make their way to mom or me, eugh.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

That is one cozy forest pup.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Sab669 posted:

We use simparica, seems to work well enough!

Sorry honey, I know it’s Mother’s Day but you’re gonna have to put the kids to bed, I can’t get up right now.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Captain Invictus posted:

I've heard bad things about Blue Buffalo, but I can no longer recall what the issue was. Might be worth looking into. I think it was something about nutritional value not being on par with the price, to the point of health risk in some long-term eaters, and them getting big stores to push them anyway via pharmaceutical style wining and dining?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Unsinkabear posted:

I've heard bad things about Blue Buffalo, but I can no longer recall what the issue was. Might be worth looking into. I think it was something about nutritional value not being on par with the price, to the point of health risk in some long-term eaters, and them getting big stores to push them anyway via pharmaceutical style wining and dining?

This is a lot of cheap dog foods, in the long run its cheaper to buy a more expensive food since the nutrient profile is better. I've been using Honest Kitchen dehydrated stuff since I have older dogs. The nutrient profile changes as they age and its a little easier on their teeth. Mixing it with Taste of the Wild limited ingredients since they seem to do better than just on straight HK.

I thought some sort of heartworm and flea/tick medication was standard.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Monty has been on blue Buffalo his entire life.

Specifically the blue wilderness.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

How’s Lando doing with the pup so far?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

How’s Lando doing with the pup so far?

It’s going well- and slowly. We first introduced them outside at a park near our place and he regarded Apollo with relative indifference- sniffed and said hello, but otherwise ignored him. He barked at Apollo when we gave him dinner in his ex-pen that night, and since then, we’ve kept both dogs out of sight of the other when they’ve been eating. We’ve been having outdoor greetings several times a day and Lando has continued to be great with him, mostly wagging his tail when Apollo walks up to him but showing no signs of stress or displacement behavior. We’re slowly working on increasing the time they spend near each other indoors to make sure they’re both OK and confident with one another.

Apollo is proving to be a great little guy- very friendly and confident with humans of all shapes and sizes and the few dogs he’s met. If anything, it makes me feel sad for Lando- he’s scared of kids and some strangers, and all
I can think of is that he should have been our dog since he was a puppy so we could have socialized him the way we are socializing Apollo. I don’t know what happened in the first part of Lando’s life but I do know that I sometimes entertain the thought of leaving his former owners bleeding for what they did or didn’t do to him when he was growing up.

Anyhow, enough dark poo poo. Here’s some more shots of awesome black doggies!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Trainee branch manager :3:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Kiki’s been on VetDiet and she doesn’t like it. Eating loads of grass too. I’m switching her back to Royal Canine this week.

Edit: this is a dog who turns up her nose at a plate of chicken liver so she might not be a reference.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It’s going well- and slowly. We first introduced them outside at a park near our place and he regarded Apollo with relative indifference- sniffed and said hello, but otherwise ignored him. He barked at Apollo when we gave him dinner in his ex-pen that night, and since then, we’ve kept both dogs out of sight of the other when they’ve been eating. We’ve been having outdoor greetings several times a day and Lando has continued to be great with him, mostly wagging his tail when Apollo walks up to him but showing no signs of stress or displacement behavior. We’re slowly working on increasing the time they spend near each other indoors to make sure they’re both OK and confident with one another.

Apollo is proving to be a great little guy- very friendly and confident with humans of all shapes and sizes and the few dogs he’s met. If anything, it makes me feel sad for Lando- he’s scared of kids and some strangers, and all
I can think of is that he should have been our dog since he was a puppy so we could have socialized him the way we are socializing Apollo. I don’t know what happened in the first part of Lando’s life but I do know that I sometimes entertain the thought of leaving his former owners bleeding for what they did or didn’t do to him when he was growing up.

Anyhow, enough dark poo poo. Here’s some more shots of awesome black doggies!

That is really awesome! As someone who also brought a confident dog into a home with an anxious dog, I’m hoping you have the same experience I did, where the anxious dog gradually learns from the confident dog how to “dog” properly.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

FrozenVent posted:

Kiki’s been on VetDiet and she doesn’t like it. Eating loads of grass too. I’m switching her back to Royal Canine this week.

Edit: this is a dog who turns up her nose at a plate of chicken liver so she might not be a reference.

If it works, it works. As long as they aren't throwing up, take good dumps, have energy or whatever, and your vet is happy there's no reason to change it up. If you do though, maybe do it slowly and mix in foods instead of doing it over night.

Honest Kitchen is very high quality but when I tried to put them on it without the Taste of the Wild, they started throwing up and eating grass.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Mega Comrade posted:

Aubrie had too many toys so we had to get her a toy box.

tell aubrie she is a very good girl

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
It's true. All dogs go to heaven

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Syrian Lannister posted:

It's true. All dogs go to heaven

So a buddy of mine had a boxer dog named Holly who was super sweet. She passed on last year but a month ago I had a dream where she licked my face. I then woke up with a wet spot on my beard.

Now some people would say I drooled on myself but I would say we don't deserve dogs.

Here's to you Holly, the stinkiest dog in the tri-state area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Give Holly some noggin pats from me when she visits your dreams again :)