Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I'm probably mostly done posting for the weekend. I reread the thread this morning and here is a big wall of text that no one will read. Godspeed.

General scum reads:

- Mr Steak is just... all over the place. His posts are mostly about what he's thinking at the time and don't show any legitimate effort to find scum or ask questions or much of anything. His posting seems generally anxious and forced. Gut pings all over.

- Grandicap is active... but not doing much. He is engaged in discussion but I don't see him making much of an effort to find scum. He weirdly advocated chain-execution logic which makes no sense to me (way too early for that kind of talk)

- Sandwolf... after reading the whole thing back, I handled things poorly, but I still harbor suspicions. I acknowledge that playing suboptimally is not always scummy. But in his case, I think his thought process betrays a scum mindset. His suggestion that the 1;1's who did not pick mason are scum reads scummy and despite his claims, I don't see anything in the text to suggest it was a joke. The one point in his favor is that I think the way he responded to me shows real frustration and is seemingly honest. I probably would only vote him today in a pinch.

Players that seem to be honestly playing the game giving me cool town vibes:

- binus
- merk
- random
- CCKeane

Players who haven't offered much and don't seem to be scumhunting (there be scum here):

- Obama
- SalTheBard
- sandnavyguy / fake sandwolf
- Toalpaz
- ilmucche / fake merk

Random notes:

- Fry's encouragement of other players to respond to Sandwolf's role-fishing is concerning. It reads as opportunistic and he never really ackowledges it.

- Solus's vig shot sucks if he is town. Pretty smart move if he's scum; no one is talking about him as an execution target right now.

- I have no idea how to read New Chill Merk. I think I have a mostly town read on him but that's kind of loving with me because I don't think I've ever had a town read on him in the history of mafia.

- Hal is doing a lot of drive-by's. I think from another player I would be concerned about this but that's his meta. Hal, I wish you would add a little meat to your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
It’s pretty simple actually. Philip Fry bussed merk. Grandicap bussed Philip fry. Since merk is scum and doesn’t bus his teammates, sng is confirmed town.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I read it dy.
I take offense to you saying that I am advocating a chain execution, just that a thing is worth looking further into if Solus flips scum.
The behavior in a vacuum is not enough to push for alone, but if Solus were to flip scum it would shade AT-LOW's defense in a scummy light.

I disagree with all of your scum reads. I think I'm on board with your town reads though.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

It’s pretty simple actually. Philip Fry bussed merk. Grandicap bussed Philip fry. Since merk is scum and doesn’t bus his teammates, sng is confirmed town.

I mean, you can portray my interaction with Fry as scummy, I'm cool with that, but a joke vote isn't a bus.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Grandicap posted:

I take offense to you saying that I am advocating a chain execution, just that a thing is worth looking further into if Solus flips scum.
It's just kind of a weird comment to make on someone you aren't really pushing.

Who are your scum picks?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I guess I should clarify too, "advocating a chain execution," is a bad way to put it. You weren't really doing that. It's just a weird comment to make and pings like scum trying to set up a playbook for the town to follow.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sal why did you only post a copypasta and leave???

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dy. posted:

It's just kind of a weird comment to make on someone you aren't really pushing.

Who are your scum picks?

Solus is the one I am currently pursuing. I don't have a strong second at the moment. I've lost my fervor for steak as I'm pretty sure I misinterpreted what I thought I saw, and the fry thing was always a joke.

I think you are town and a vote leader so I have no interest in looking there.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hmm dy is technically a vote leader, but only two votes because sandy switched to OA. Solus is the other at two.

Wide open field atm.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Grandicap posted:

Solus is the one I am currently pursuing. I don't have a strong second at the moment. I've lost my fervor for steak as I'm pretty sure I misinterpreted what I thought I saw, and the fry thing was always a joke.

I think you are town and a vote leader so I have no interest in looking there.

You have like, no other reads or observations or anything besides that?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dy. posted:

You have like, no other reads or observations or anything besides that?

I feel like I've been posting them as I have them.

You and Sandwolf are both town. AT-LOW is linked to Solus. I have scum feelings about random but I'm also pretty sure it's just because he was scum in the game I just modded and thats the only game I've seen him play, so my baseline might be off, not going to pursue that today at least.

I am not sure yet on B but am waiting on that to solidify as I feel very strongly about my gut reads on B, but right now it's a town lean but not a town lock.

Keane feels good to me too.

I feel like I'm just listing without solid opinions, which is totally something I would call someone else out on if they did it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Grandicap posted:

I have scum feelings about random but I'm also pretty sure it's just because he was scum in the game I just modded and thats the only game I've seen him play, so my baseline might be off, not going to pursue that today at least.
Fair to not push it, but I'm curious what your insights are on this. Can you elaborate?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dy. posted:

Fair to not push it, but I'm curious what your insights are on this. Can you elaborate?

Gut pings mostly, lemme see if I can pull a few quotes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

.random posted:

But about that 20% chance to kill a random player (see what I did there) who is statistically more likely to be town than not...

What’s up with that?

So this one is a start, it is simply stating a fact and not really trying to attribute scumminess to it. That I was statistically more likely to be town than not is irrelevant. Everyone at this point in the game is statistically more likely to be town then not, if it weren't the game would be over because scum would have control of the vote. He's trying to say something to appear relevant but says nothing. He doesn't go after Solus for it, he just comments about it. It feels not great.

.random posted:

ilmucche posted:

so solus' play doesn't look great to me, but i also understand the draw of rando shooting someone. It reminds me of cpig shooting grandicap in chaos, and cpig was 3p vig or serial killer or whatever.

i'm very curious about the charging vigilante role, seems like something someone would've definitely jumped on. maybe someone is charging up a spirit bomb
Oof. This post is killing me.

1. Solus play looks anti town... “but” it reminds ilmucche of 3p or SK play (which is... not anti town?)
2. Random speculation about set up that does literally nothing atm but enter another currently useless topic into the discourse

.random posted:

Ok. Sorry. I misread where the “but” was in #1. It still reads really badly to me

.random posted:

I don’t get why any of them imply Solus to be town? They just assume Solus will do what we tell him to do during the day or we will lynch him. Which is like, what scum or town would do if they trust the threat. Which I think is actually a good strategy?

But, I think it's mainly this string of posts, it more of the nibbling at the edges stuff. It isn't a call on mucche at all, just background noise commenting on it. Does any of it imply that he this mucche is scum for his thoughts on the Solus vig? Does any of it imply Solus is scum for the Solus vig? Not really.

But again, just saw his scum game and my brain has no other reference point for him so I could be chasing ghosts. Not taking him out of my viewfinder, but also not pursuing it until there's more there there.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i trust b-minus (in general, not just this game) because ive seen his instincts be rights more often than not. therefore im very willing to vote ilemucche, but i havent yet done a proper readthrough of him

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

Alright so I just had a read through of a bunch of people here’s what I’ve determined

Sandwolf town
Obama town
Toal town
Sng town
Sal town

Here’s my top scum picks in no particular order
Grandicap af low merk Philip j fry

Null
Hal
Keane
Solus
Random
Dy

wait... tho now im confused. i could have sworn ilemucche was included in this post but he's not. that's... weird

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
quite honestly, its really annoying to scumhunt on day 1 when like 1/3 of the players have hardly said anything. but we have a *very* generous amount of time til deadline so i'm basically waiting for people to show up rn

.random
May 7, 2007

Small comments: that first post was in the context of what I considered a significant dy/Sandwolf derail. Solus is scummy for doing what he did. AT-LOW’s game plan is the right approach to handling him.

Ilmucche’s comment reads scummy to me because: 1. It has the same “I’d do that” feel as my post about Sandwolf claiming, but without making much of a statement - could be SK behavior! 2. What I said in the post about it also randomly introducing another topic out of nowhere just to create a topic to maybe look like a contribution.

I hope this clarifies my feelings!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
then again, i think its safe to assume at least ONE scum member has been active in thread. so maybe im just being lazy and making excuses

.random
May 7, 2007

Voodoo, can you add the VoteFinder img to the OP? I keep going back there and it’s not there and I am now wholly dependent on this new fascinating technology

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

i trust b-minus (in general, not just this game) because ive seen his instincts be rights more often than not. therefore im very willing to vote ilemucche, but i havent yet done a proper readthrough of him
You’re really just gonna follow him around because you’ve seen him be right before?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dy. posted:

You’re really just gonna follow him around because you’ve seen him be right before?

im not gonna blindly follow him into grandicap and merk since those seem to have come out of nowhere, but i agree with his post about ilemucche. it might sort of read like a joke but i thought he was being serious and agree that the things he listed are mannerisms of scum

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

.random posted:

Voodoo, can you add the VoteFinder img to the OP? I keep going back there and it’s not there and I am now wholly dependent on this new fascinating technology

As you wish, your magesty.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I’m back and can do things. I’ll read.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

dy. (2): Sandwolf, AT-LOW, b-minus1, Sandwolf
SolusLunes (2): CCKeane, Grandicap, Grandicap, Grandicap
Grandicap (1): b-minus1, b-minus1, Hal Insandenza
Toalpaz (1): Mr. Steak
ObamaAkbar. (1): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
.random (1): ObamaAkbar.
Mr. Steak (1): Grandicap, Grandicap, dy.
AT-LOW (1): merk, dy., dy.
merk (0): Philip J. Fry, Philip J. Fry
Philip J. Fry (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Sandwolf (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy.
sandnavyguy (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (7): .random, ilmucche, Philip J. Fry, SalTheBard, sandnavyguy, SolusLunes, Toalpaz

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 10th, 2021 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

AT-LOW posted:

Which made him a known quantity. We can just say "Hey Solus, use your ability in a pro-town way from now on or we vote you." If Solus is town, town controls a vig. If Solus is scum, Solus must confirm this inthread by going rogue, thereby giving us explicit confirmation that Solus is unwilling to cooperate with town.

Regardless of how much I would rather dayvigs save their D1 shots for vote leaders, given my admittedly limited understanding of site meta, I am not prepared to vote a likely firing squad based only on a first post chaos shot. If Solus posts scummy I'll vote Solus, but imo Solus has only posted ~shenanigans~ and I don't wanna rush this when we can just ask Solus to cooperate with town

Solus's actual content thus far is very dry of readable gameplay, and I'm just not gonna assume scum until I see opinions or some kind of non-chaos gameplay

##unvote

The white knighting with this context isn't bad. AT-LOW's opinion here makes sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

##vote: Solus

Real vote, scummy move.

CCKeane posted:

Anyway I feel like Solus was just shooting wildly and then was going to let a scumbuddy retreat with some "Well no way scum would shoot like that!!!!" Or some nonsense. Feels bad to me!

CCKeane posted:

Shooting immediately from the hip, particularly randomly, feels like an effort to hide scumminess behind whackiness.

CCKeane posted:

Right, but Solus used his ability in an anti town way.

##vote CCKeane

This feels super lazy. There's a ton of content out there, and CCKeane is hiding behind this read.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ilmucche posted:

I think Solus is a perfect example of irresponsible gun ownership. Not only do they own several guns they don't even take care of, as evidenced by the fact that their gun didn't fire properly, but they're willing them to fire them at literally any random person.

ilmucche posted:

so solus' play doesn't look great to me, but i also understand the draw of rando shooting someone. It reminds me of cpig shooting grandicap in chaos, and cpig was 3p vig or serial killer or whatever.

i'm very curious about the charging vigilante role, seems like something someone would've definitely jumped on. maybe someone is charging up a spirit bomb

These two posts say nothing.

ilmucche has really no reads but enough posts to look like there should be some in there.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

.random posted:

Small comments: that first post was in the context of what I considered a significant dy/Sandwolf derail. Solus is scummy for doing what he did. AT-LOW’s game plan is the right approach to handling him.

What does this make you think about CCKeane?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

What do you make of Keane says Solus used it in the scummiest way possible?

I think you think that CCKeane is scum from this question. Do you?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

This is irrational CCKeane fear from merk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

This is irrational CCKeane fear from merk.

What are your reads outside of Solus?

What do you think of me?

.random
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

What does this make you think about CCKeane?

Hm. I’m confused about CCKeane.

Hey, CCKeane, can you take a gander at AT-LOW’s recent further explanation of his post that you call scummy and gimme your thoughts?

.random
May 7, 2007

Shoot. Sorry. I am sleepy and misplayed. You didn’t call it scummy. You said it sounds like he’s calling Solus town

Sorry. I am bad at phone posting. Twice in one game so far.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Steak posted:

wait... tho now im confused. i could have sworn ilemucche was included in this post but he's not. that's... weird

Yeah I kinda overlooked ilmuche when I was casing everyone else. I would vote him today

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

What are your reads outside of Solus?

What do you think of me?

Oh merk, I never think of you.

Bad vibes from Grand, feeling good about dy. and Sandwolf. I am suspicious of At Low but I've cooled a bit and think some over confidence may be more at play. B- calling you scummy and refusing to elaborate is bad, I agree with Sandwolf on OA for mysterious vibes. I'd like Sal to say stuff. Don't really have much thoughts on everybody else.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

I'd like Sal to say stuff.

same!!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh yeah Steaks here.

I never get good reads on Steak so I just don't bother because everybody posts a lot about him so they probably have it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

##vote CCKeane

This feels super lazy. There's a ton of content out there, and CCKeane is hiding behind this read.

agree that the solus vote is boring and lazy, but keane is confirmed "role looker" so we should keep him around for a little longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(but for real, keane was pretty explicit about saying others (ie grandi and at-low) are scummy too. so he's hardly "hiding behind" the solus read