Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

No matter what you think of the player, you really hate to see that, hopefully he's off again soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Sounds like Tortorella might be having a farewell party tonight:

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/status/1391172674190147585

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Teams I'm okay with winning the Cup.

1). Avs
2).
3).
4).
5) anyone else
6). Chinese satellite obliterates my face
7). Bruins
8). Literally I get murdered
9). Wild.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Cartoon Man posted:

Wilson back on the ice.

Suspend Aube-Kubel for not finishing the job

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Despite wearing out his welcome in Columbus, Torts has done some incredible things for that franchise. He went to a franchise which had made the playoffs in two of its 15 seasons, and with the exception of the year he took over an 0-8 team mid-season, they have made the playoffs every year, even pulled off the biggest upset in playoff history. Appreciate the classy send-off for him, seeing as another CBJ builder was unceremoniously canned this week.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

LumpyGumby posted:

Teams I'm okay with winning the Cup.

1). Avs
2).
3).
4).
5) anyone else
6). Chinese satellite obliterates my face
7). Bruins
8). Literally I get murdered
9). Wild.

I fully support this statement, but reverse the Wild and Avs. I'm so glad the Central West is consistent with our dislike of each other. Really cools the heart.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

Zodijackylite posted:

Despite wearing out his welcome in Columbus, Torts has done some incredible things for that franchise. He went to a franchise which had made the playoffs in two of its 15 seasons, and with the exception of the year he took over an 0-8 team mid-season, they have made the playoffs every year, even pulled off the biggest upset in playoff history. Appreciate the classy send-off for him, seeing as another CBJ builder was unceremoniously canned this week.

I feel like torts teaches players some good habits and approach to the game but isn’t quite good enough to pull it together for a cup in this era

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hand Knit posted:

Sounds like Tortorella might be having a farewell party tonight:

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/status/1391172674190147585

I don't recognize the guy to Torts' right (Manny Legace, maybe?), but Kenny McCudden is to his left and is normally the eye in the sky, so yeah, this is probably it.

Zodijackylite posted:

My only wish is it would've been a happier ending, but I have few complaints otherwise given where this team was in 2015-16.

Levitate posted:

I feel like torts teaches players some good habits and approach to the game but isn’t quite good enough to pull it together for a cup in this era

The only time in my life I ever thought a Cup was possible was when they went up 2-1 against Boston because, if they got through them, they were probably handling Carolina to win the East.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They're probably gonna lose first round but everyone oughta root for the Panthers because Q deserves all the wins.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

They just showed the all-time win list on the CBJ broadcast and holy poo poo, Laviolette has CAUGHT Torts.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://nypost.com/2021/05/07/wayne-gretzky-out-at-espn-paving-way-for-move-to-tnt/

quote:

ESPN is out on Wayne Gretzky, paving the way for The Great One potentially going to TNT as an analyst for its NHL studio coverage, The Post has learned.

Gretzky’s role with TNT would be akin to Charles Barkley’s on “Inside The NBA.” If a deal is done, Gretzky, 60, is expected to command in the range of $5 million per year, according to sources. Turner has put the full-court press on for Gretzky by using Barkley, the Great One’s former neighbor in Arizona, as its chief recruiter, according to sources.
if TNT pays $5 million to Gretzky to be the Charles Barkley of the NHL they are incredibly dumb

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

xzzy posted:

They're probably gonna lose first round but everyone oughta root for the Panthers because Q deserves all the wins.

Hey! They just beat the Lightning handily... without Kucherov, Hedman, or Stamkos. But the Panthers didn't have Verhaeghe or Hornqvist!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

clean ayers act posted:

https://nypost.com/2021/05/07/wayne-gretzky-out-at-espn-paving-way-for-move-to-tnt/

if TNT pays $5 million to Gretzky to be the Charles Barkley of the NHL they are incredibly dumb

If they pay Gretzky five million and it gets Barkley commenting on games it'll be worth every penny.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Congratulations to the Red Wings on becoming the first team since 1999-00 to finish a non-lockout season without a shorthanded goal.

Congratulations also to Jakub Vrana on finishing three goals off of the team lead in eleven games played

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Assuming it's the end, Torts goes out with a win and passes Keenan for 12th on the all-time win list. CBJ finish the season 3-1-3 in the last 7.

e- 12th.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 9, 2021

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo flyers expose Nolan Patrick get him gone

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1391208021120933888

:getin: :unsmigghh:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DJExile posted:

I don’t think that’ll help.

Honestly, all the players that people want exposed and gone are probably not going to get taken. The Vegas draft was good evidence of this.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

DJExile posted:

Good. He’s kind of a bust and a bit broken. If seattle takes him over someone like Ghost FAS should be happy

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Is it still possible for Montreal to overtake Winnipeg?

Also yay Leafs take the division. :toot:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1391201103837020166

:3:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Wayne Gretzky is the exact opposite of Charles Barkley in every conceivable way, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Has TNT actually watched Gretzky speak on camera?

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Ottawa's up to 9-2-1 since the trade deadline, and Timmy Stutzle had his first NHL hat trick tonight.

If this was an 82 game season I think they'd make it in, the way they've been playing lately.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/bonksmullet/status/1391208460470013957?s=21

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs clinch first in the North :toot:

Nice to expose the pundits who thought Montreal could challenge the division as barely literate rejects of decent society. Leafs should sit whoever they can and start Rittich in their final games.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

DJExile posted:

Heiskanen, Makar and Pettersson going 3-4-5 after Patrick is just cruel

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So this happened tonight

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1391177823398793219?s=19

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I hope the East playoffs don’t start until the North finishes their regular season schedule. Ovechkin, Backstrom, Oshie, and Carlson are all injured and who knows when Kuznetsov will get off the COVID list.

Lars Eller played 27 minutes tonight lol.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 9, 2021

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/goldieonice/status/1391215722722963467

lol

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

he came back in and played the rest of the game unfortunately

Oshie took a hit and was unable to finish the game

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
All these injuries and the Caps still haven’t called up Hershey’s leading scorer, 37 year old Matt Moulson

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Lol flames

On Nolan Patrick, what happened to him...is he a pure bust

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

sleep with the vicious posted:

Lol flames

Underwhelming first two seasons, missed all of last season with some migraine disorder. "Returned" this season but he's just so ineffectual you hardly know he's there. Probably a bust for a 2nd overall. Maybe a new locale and fresh start could help but the Flyers should move on. Also wouldn't be surprised if he's playing overseas in a few years.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 9, 2021

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/1391237478703517701

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

sleep with the vicious posted:

Lol flames

Unknown in terms of just talent , but the injuries Almost for sure have him at a bust yes.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Seeing him push for 100 in this short-rear end season reminds me of nothing so much as Gretzky going for 50 in 50 39

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If McDavid plays the last three games he probably will hit 110

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
There's no reason to play him the last 3. The jet's are terrible. He can warm up for Toronto against them in the first round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Scoring a bunch of sick goals is a good reason.