Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Tail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
And all of a sudden a car

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of funny how the commercials for this season have talked about Class 1-B's time to shine but the story can't even find time for everyone in Class 1-A.

This is the arc the story tries to be like One Piece and it don't work ironically enough for a superhero league story.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Of all the (more) underused characters the only one I feel like I'd like to see more of is Ojiro

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

jesus christ, stop loving yelling

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
"I didn't hold back, you're legitimately terrifying dude!"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Bakugo you can fly why did you need to do that

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh, that Bakugo and his raging inferiority complex! *insert canned laughter*

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
he really is just the fuckin' worst

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Bakugo:
https://twitter.com/dril/status/361573953933811712?lang=en

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well that was a neat little filler, next week is when the season actually starts.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
It just me or is it really choppy all of a sudden

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

"Man, what hit me last night? Oh right, a nomu."

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I knew I had heard Nejire's VA recently and it was bugging me that I couldn't remember. So I looked it up and it turns out she voiced Gabi in AOT.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh god Dabi, not now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

dungeon cousin posted:

I knew I had heard Nejire's VA recently and it was bugging me that I couldn't remember. So I looked it up and it turns out she voiced Gabi in AOT.

I recognized her as Akane from Gridman

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Making filler that has Bakugo do that is kinda hosed up but also really funny

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

BIRDMAN is a SPAH

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh no! Has Hawks secretly been...a liarbird?!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Funky Valentine posted:

Oh god Dabi, not now.

Its funny how long it takes the Dabi stuff to finally pay off.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Arist posted:

I recognized her as Akane from Gridman

Ah yes, and that's a more similar one too.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Looking back on when Dabi was introduced, I can see what the plan was and why it happened that way but yeah it's a hell of a slow burn for what it ends up being.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
literally hitler

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

christ, Wesker's here

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Making filler that has Bakugo do that is kinda hosed up but also really funny

Filler episodes always kind of turn characters personalities up to 11. Like, at this point in the story, I don't think Bakugou would be so aggro that he'd attack someone after the match ends, or having Deku hesitate and hold back at the last second even though that's something he's never really done in any class exercise before.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

Looking back on when Dabi was introduced, I can see what the plan was and why it happened that way but yeah it's a hell of a slow burn for what it ends up being.

Ha, burn

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This man should really be in jail.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Oh god, is he actually gonna be Endeavor's loving secret love child or something? God I was hoping that was gonna just be a fan theory.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I know Azami was trying to cut off all contact with Erina, but shredding Alice's letters seems embarrassingly petty.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

why couldn't Alice have more screentime and plot presence than Erina? Alice's side of the family is the cool & good one instead of being a dumpster fire.

like, which would you rather have more of on this show: Swedish Chef, or loving Albert Wesker?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Argus Zant posted:

why couldn't Alice have more screentime and plot presence than Erina? Alice's side of the family is the cool & good one instead of being a dumpster fire

She's got way better chemistry with Soma too so the overarching love plot thing they have going on would go way better with Alice instead of Erina.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Quick and to the point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing I don't get about Food Hitler is what anyone gets for actually following him. Like it doesn't seem like anyone was exactly suffering under the previous head of the school.

TwoPair posted:

Oh god, is he actually gonna be Endeavor's loving secret love child or something? God I was hoping that was gonna just be a fan theory.

It is going to be a long rear end time before the anime is going to get to it so I won't actually say but they do go into a lot of detail about his origin and how it ties into everything.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"I hate you Uncle Hitler!"

DUN DUN DUNNNN

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

All these people in the crowd just still sitting around.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Shame Boy posted:

She's got way better chemistry with Soma too so the overarching love plot thing they have going on would go way better with Alice instead of Erina.

The Soma/Erina stuff is so bad. The characters don't have any chemistry and barely ever actually interact. Frankly it doesn't make any sense why ANY character gives a poo poo about Erina.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SUMO CRUCIFIXION

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

The thing I don't get about Food Hitler is what anyone gets for actually following him. Like it doesn't seem like anyone was exactly suffering under the previous head of the school.

It looks like about half of the elite of the elite decided they weren't elite enough so they decided to vote into power a guy who would let them grind the people below them into the dirt even more than were allowed to before.

and cat lady just likes loving with everyone for lulz

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Catgirl basically implied it's because a majority of the Student Council are psychos want to shake things up. You know, from an interesting school to a fascist one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Arist posted:

SUMO CRUCIFIXION

That seems like a crime.