Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(this took like 3 seconds of looking at his post history to see)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’d be ok with a Keane vote. feels a little bit like he’s going for low-hanging fruit. Not passionate about it yet though.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe its about time i do something really scummy so thread freaks out for the next 24 hours about it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote no lunch

.random
May 7, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I am suspicious of At Low but I've cooled a bit and think some over confidence may be more at play.

Do you still think AT-LOW thinks Solus is town?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ilemucche, lets talk about what the socon action would have done, if you'd successfully tricked someone into using it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, you gave up REALLY fast. what was up with that? it was weird. like you halfheartedly tried to make someone use an action and then immediately stopped caring about that

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
On second read through I feel pretty confident that Grandicap is scum so I’ll prolly keep my vote there

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

On second read through I feel pretty confident that Grandicap is scum so I’ll prolly keep my vote there

keep...?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

also, you gave up REALLY fast. what was up with that? it was weird. like you halfheartedly tried to make someone use an action and then immediately stopped caring about that

What do you think you’re gonna get from this!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

What do you think you’re gonna get from this!

hopefully an explanation that makes sense

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Apparently the soul read isn't two way B. Sorry. I'm a bit confused to as why I'm picking up steam because usually when it happens I can point to my scummy posts and say, oh yeah, that's it. But I don't feel that in my heart of hearts I have made any yet this game.
vOv it's mother's day so my attention on the thread will be sporadic at best.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do you not think it was weird how easy he went "oh drat you got me!"

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

I'm pretty sure it was a joke action to get someone to socon, and he would have responded with socon deez nuts.

That's it. It didn't materialize so he dropped the bad joke.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grandicap posted:

I'm pretty sure it was a joke action to get someone to socon, and he would have responded with socon deez nuts.

That's it. It didn't materialize so he dropped the bad joke.

loving oh

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im quite honestly embarrassed

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well i guess if binus THINKS he's voting for grandi, then grandi is essentially tied for vote leader with solus. which is WILD to me.

i mean i guess its mainly gut (same as everything) but grandi has come across among the towniest so far

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tho to be fair, im basically operating on a "least townie of the towns" level cuz nobody is super standing out as scummy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

loving oh

Ahahahaha

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

tho to be fair, im basically operating on a "least townie of the towns" level cuz nobody is super standing out as scummy

Lurkers?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

well yeah but thats also a boring vote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at this point solus qualifies as a lurker too, so that makes the solus vote double boring

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

at this point solus qualifies as a lurker too, so that makes the solus vote double boring

Might as well classify him as a Panda then.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I think you think that CCKeane is scum from this question. Do you?

Yeah I don’t feel good about Keane, I think his Solus points were not particularly critical of the situation and felt like an easy push to make as scum

Also still don’t like Grandi, his recent point that he “doesn’t think he’s made scummy posts” is the kind of thing scum say when they think they are being pressured for invalid reasons.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

well i guess if binus THINKS he's voting for grandi, then grandi is essentially tied for vote leader with solus. which is WILD to me.

i mean i guess its mainly gut (same as everything) but grandi has come across among the towniest so far

Oh, why?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

early reads
got some town vibes from dy. though I don't reeeally know why but this seems phrased weird to me

dy. posted:

For the love of god please stop trying to get people to provide role information on Day 1. This will not help the town.

toalpaz has barely posted all this game

Sal is claiming VT, I think this is important to remember later on?

AT low is doing their wall of sound text thing again. it feels pretty town

binus seems to be contributing and actually writing up cases which is nice

this post from AT-LOW seems pretty suspect to me

AT-LOW posted:

Why is anyone advocating voting Solus

Like is there a case or are a bunch of people just going "hey let's vote out our vig who is steadly growing more reliable for no reason"
normally they're pretty on the ball with big posts and stuff but to miss the point on we don't know vig alignment is a simple thing for them to miss.

though later on they cotton on with a reread of the rules i guess that's cool

steak has been doing some white noising. yes i see that irony that i'm pointing this out. they're leaning into a bit of chaos posting

I get the impression people are confusing me with merk again. we don't even have the same avatars anymore :(

the b-minus style of fact stating is starting to grow on my, but I don't agree with this post

b-minus1 posted:

In this post Grandicap is lightly bussing his scumbuddy at low

and this is a bad post

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not prepared to show my work at this time

I'm getting the impression that one of AT-LOW or dy. are scum. Steak is all over, which I think is their game.
also

Mr. Steak posted:

ilemucche, lets talk about what the socon action would have done, if you'd successfully tricked someone into using it
you're more than welcome to try the action if you want. I can't tell you what it does.

I guess I've got solus for their RNG excuse for firing a shot, one of dy. or at-low, steak is looking scummy to me as well, as they also kind of latch on to other people's arguments? Toal being a heavy lurker and distant in their posting is something I'm noting, but not super pinged about.

most everyone else I can't really read at the moment.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Insandenza posted:

Also still don’t like Grandi, his recent point that he “doesn’t think he’s made scummy posts” is the kind of thing scum say when they think they are being pressured for invalid reasons.

Yes it is, but I'm not. Usually I can see people's reasoning in voting me, it's something I pride myself on, being able to see the game from another's perspective. It's how I do a lot of my scum hunting, looking for the person's motivation for doing a thing. But I don't currently see it. It's a scummy way to say the thing because it undercuts the statements against me without doing so directly. And a low-level gut feel of things I say being scummy are how I have gotten caught as scum in the past. But I don't feel it this game.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##vote sandwolf

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Oh merk, I never think of you.

Bad vibes from Grand, feeling good about dy. and Sandwolf. I am suspicious of At Low but I've cooled a bit and think some over confidence may be more at play. B- calling you scummy and refusing to elaborate is bad, I agree with Sandwolf on OA for mysterious vibes. I'd like Sal to say stuff. Don't really have much thoughts on everybody else.

The b- thing is something I would normally disagree with, but his last scum game he basically called people scum and was even more reticent than he normally is to explain and then he turned out to be scum so if he continues to not elaborate ever I might agree with you

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not prepared to show my work at this time

This isn't scummy. Having a gut feel early and not being able to elaborate, or wanting to elaborate isn't a bad thing, especially if you think you have something real, backing it up with a lovely case will undercut any future case you make.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quickly dropped the "1,1 club" thing which would be tempting cover as scum.
didnt fall back on the vig for his case on solus (hes actually digging deeper than that)
the way he acted around voting for me and then unvoting. it was like the definition of "not self conscious"

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

This isn't scummy. Having a gut feel early and not being able to elaborate, or wanting to elaborate isn't a bad thing, especially if you think you have something real, backing it up with a lovely case will undercut any future case you make.

This was in response to mucche, but I missed quoting his post, I just quoted the post he referenced.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Yes it is, but I'm not. Usually I can see people's reasoning in voting me, it's something I pride myself on, being able to see the game from another's perspective. It's how I do a lot of my scum hunting, looking for the person's motivation for doing a thing. But I don't currently see it. It's a scummy way to say the thing because it undercuts the statements against me without doing so directly. And a low-level gut feel of things I say being scummy are how I have gotten caught as scum in the past. But I don't feel it this game.

Hmmm I need to read this a couple more times to see if I agree with it or not

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ilmucche posted:

##vote sandwolf

Is there some weird reasoning behind this?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mucche, you called dy and at-low townie in the same post you called them both scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also fyi latching onto other people's cases is how i play d1 regardless

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

Is there some weird reasoning behind this?

I just like voting sandwolf

Mr. Steak posted:

mucche, you called dy and at-low townie in the same post you called them both scum

Yeah it's a bit of a stream of conciousness post as i scroll the thread

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, or pushing people really hard based on gut reads. if i feel like getting executed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

also fyi latching onto other people's cases is how i play d1 regardless

Yeah buddy!