Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
of course we go with the vegan society's definition which includes the phrase "as far as is possible and practicable," but if you call yourself a leftist and you're not a vegan you're a massive shitocrite who only selectively cares about the suffering of both human and non-human animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

it's not even that particularly expensive to be vegan either, you need to have a command of your stove and your cookware, yeah, but it's not that horrible

it's mainly a time investment and/or a crock pot/pressure cooker if you're going that route

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Victory Position posted:

it's not even that particularly expensive to be vegan either, you need to have a command of your stove and your cookware, yeah, but it's not that horrible

it's mainly a time investment and/or a crock pot/pressure cooker if you're going that route

yeah hell if someone eats a lot of pulses a pressure cooker pays for itself in like six months

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i'll be checking in on this thread later, thx op

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

jarofpiss posted:

i'll be checking in on this thread later, thx op

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

My wife and I started trying to control our diet and lose weight and accidentally became vegan

dk2m
May 6, 2009
I’ve been a vegetarian my entire life and a vegan for the last decade, it still is insanely confusing to me that people who say they care about the world still consume animals for pleasure

The slaughter of billions of animals cannot be justified because you will be deprived of pleasure

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Crazypoops posted:

My wife and I started trying to control our diet and lose weight and accidentally became vegan

does it give you crazy poops

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

people who reduce leftist politics to lifestyle choices are a joke op

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

people who reduce leftist politics to lifestyle choices are a joke op

lifestyle choices are a part of leftist politics

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

baw posted:

does it give you crazy poops

It did for awhile, more like crazy farts though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what makes it leftist, dipshit. the part where technically it's less of a drain on resources (but meaningless on the household level) or the part where you can jack yourself off about being better than other people.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I try to eat low on the food chain, but let's face it, there's a surplus of certain animals

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

what makes it leftist, dipshit. the part where technically it's less of a drain on resources (but meaningless on the household level) or the part where you can jack yourself off about being better than other people.

we got a live one

Harald posted:

I try to eat low on the food chain, but let's face it, there's a surplus of certain animals

only because humans breed them to be consumed

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

leftism is when you make correct Moral Choices

baw
Nov 5, 2008

i see this thread is a roaring success, so i'm gonna check out for a bit and see how things are going later on

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

i like honey

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

sorry op, i eat exclusively raw red meat

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Leftism is having a set of arbitrary beliefs that you can use to purge your enemies from the DSA working group that you attend.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's the equivalent of separating your recycling and not smoking: absolutely not related to your politics in any way but white people keep telling me it is, probably because doing something like building a relationship with their coworkers might involve talking to a Freaking Chud

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Honey should count as vegan

Anyway is human breast milk vegan? Debate & discusz

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

leftism is meaningless on the household level

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Dustcat posted:

leftism is meaningless

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

maybe if i put almond milk in my coffee i'll feel better about exploiting coffee growers in brazil/nestle water usage than torturing cows and i can tell instagram about it while i gentrify my neighborhood

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Larry Parrish posted:

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

plants have a chemical response to being harmed and will react to try to avoid further damage. the fact that you discredit that simply because they don't have the same kind of pain receptors as fauna is disgusting to me

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

ill raise a glass of milk to that op

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

The slogan is 'eat the rich' not 'eat your vegetables'

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Gosts posted:

plants have a chemical response to being harmed and will react to try to avoid further damage. the fact that you discredit that simply because they don't have the same kind of pain receptors as fauna is disgusting to me

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
thinking more like whitetail deer and crappies, to be fair it is an unbelievable waste of resources to raise a beef

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
thx op but i already have a religion

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Yossarian-22 posted:

maybe if i put almond milk in my coffee i'll feel better about exploiting coffee growers in brazil/nestle water usage than torturing cows and i can tell instagram about it while i gentrify my neighborhood

I want to meet a leftist who feels better about drinking almond milk instead of dairy

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

im vegan

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
sadly my bespoke diet wont allow it sorry op

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
You sickos. Monitoring my inconsequential behaviour like it even matters. So what if smeared feces on that person's window, so what if I dumped my car oil into the creek, so what if I'm a sexpest. Those feces will be cleaned, that oil will breakdown, and those women will get over it. The world will continue to ebb and flow no matter what I do. The only way I should be judged is by my political posts not by my actions.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I want to meet a leftist who feels better about drinking almond milk instead of dairy

there's a couple in my DSA chapter like that lol. they're ethical vegans but still drink coffee. and no they aren't buying zapatista co-op coffee or whatever. luckily since they're white comfortable lifestylists such as the op they don't come much or do anything or go to committee meetings. they just show up and infuriate people with that well-meaning but insanely detached attitude liberals have.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

people who become better persons so they can jack themselves off about it have still become better persons

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

so anyway wrt to my raw meat diet, i've been doing it for about a month and have been recently suffering a number of serious medical issues

would someone please explain to me what im doing wrong

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
when u a vegan how u gonna eat the rich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
The cool part of maintaining a low FODMAP vegan diet is you can spend your entire day solving the constraint problem you're left with and then you can spend the rest of your day after that straining on the toilet.