Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got a Galaxy Tab A from TMobile and it's decent. I don't have a huge reason to own a tablet but I like watching youtube videos when I go to sleep. It's responsive and I could probably use it for a whole lot more but I'm lazy and don't care too much. My phone does most of what I want.

edit: usually when I snipe I'd quote the previous post so that it maintains it's context but again, I'm lazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got a Galaxy Tab A from TMobile and it's decent. I don't have a huge reason to own a tablet but I like watching youtube videos when I go to sleep. It's responsive and I could probably use it for a whole lot more but I'm lazy and don't care too much. My phone does most of what I want.

edit: usually when I snipe I'd quote the previous post so that it maintains it's context but again, I'm lazy

if you had an iPad, literally any iPad, you’d probably actually use it for a lot more

it’s crazy how awful Android is on tablet, even Samsung’s special fork of it which has gotten a lot more maintenance

Google basically abandoned Android on tablet like six years ago back when everybody’s consensus was that tablets were only ever going to be for content consumption and now it’s biting them in the rear end

Like, I’m not gonna pretend that iPad OS is close to replacing a laptop anytime soon, but it’s leaps and bounds ahead of where Android is.

If you’re in the market for a tablet and the last time you checked in on iPad was 2014 or whatever it’s actually worth looking at, because even a $200 refurb or a hand-me-down from 2018 will blow anything else completely out of the water

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Chinatown posted:

WHERES THE loving MONEY LEBOWSKI ONION DISPENSER COSTCO?!?!?!

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

These kirkland mixed nuts are great but I wish they had more pecans.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I love the Kirkland mixed nuts and I also love peanuts on their own, but my pregnant wife dumped ton of peanuts into the Kirkland mix and now I don't even know. The only thing Kirkland brand mixed nuts should ever be combined with is dried fruit, like the huge bag of Ocean Spray cranberries. That's a great combo. Peanuts stay in your drat lane.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

captain chauncey posted:

Seems like they’re acting a little more like carnival barkers too, since with nothing to hand out there’s no reason to pay attention.

We have one who improvises opera based on the product he has been assigned to. Dude rules and hearing him belt out the virtues of gummy vitamins always makes me smile.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Inspector 34 posted:

I love the Kirkland mixed nuts and I also love peanuts on their own, but my pregnant wife dumped ton of peanuts into the Kirkland mix and now I don't even know. The only thing Kirkland brand mixed nuts should ever be combined with is dried fruit, like the huge bag of Ocean Spray cranberries. That's a great combo. Peanuts stay in your drat lane.

My boyfriend did that and then proceeded to eat all the pecans out of the mix. I'm pretty sure that's a felony.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

fizzymercury posted:

My boyfriend did that and then proceeded to eat all the pecans out of the mix. I'm pretty sure that's a felony.

:sever:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Scarodactyl posted:

More pecans would be great, but I'd be happy with just less almonds.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I noticed the Organic 3-pack of cardboard cartoned half gallon milk at the Costco near me no longer includes added fish oil. This is great news for my household, as my wife is vegetarian. Also, the fish oiled milk just tasted slightly different to me.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Samadhi posted:

the fish oiled milk

the what now

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Johnny Truant posted:

the what now

Anything advertising high Omega-3s is fancy talk for added fish oil.

I bought orange juice with it by accident once and it was real gross. Don't get me wrong, I loving love me sardines and herring, but the added fish oil makes things taste weird.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Take fish oil pills. I do every day. The don't taste like anything because they... are pills.

Or eat sardines because they are incredibly healthy.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I found something really gnarly at Costco. The boxed frozen taquitos by Delimex were on sale. Ugh. P tasteless.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
i'm trying to buy tires but the dumbass costco website that sucks isn't letting me check out i've tried several payment methods and the idiot bad moron site keeps throwing errors i need tires costco what the hell.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Spinz posted:

I found something really gnarly at Costco. The boxed frozen taquitos by Delimex were on sale. Ugh. P tasteless.

Yeah, I made that mistake long ago. I eventually resorted to literally pan frying them from frozen covered with a lid on extremely low heat and a little oil to crisp them up, plus tons of sirracha. Horrible otherwise.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

The breakfast burritos in the yellow paper are terrible, too. Grainy and bland.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I've never been a big fan of frozen taquitos . The Sofia's Organic Chicken Flautas in the refrigerated section are delicious though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

GI_Clutch posted:

I've never been a big fan of frozen taquitos . The Sofia's Organic Chicken Flautas in the refrigerated section are delicious though.
I think I've had those Flautas, or I've had some similar flauta at least, yeah they're pretty decent. but i'll second most frozen taquitos kinda suck but to make them work at least have a bowl of sour cream, salsa, and hot sauce to dip em and it'll make em better. a good hot sauce is important

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Toquitos to me are something you pick up drunk as poo poo at a gas station.

I have never purchased them for myself while sober.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Take fish oil pills. I do every day. The don't taste like anything because they... are pills.

Or eat sardines because they are incredibly healthy.

if you like sardines, kippers are gonna blow your mind

also Trader Joe’s has a smoked trout that’s like the most delectable thing at <$2/can

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I like the cheap frozen taquitos. They're tasty after midnight with guacamole and they have nothing I'm allergic to in them.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Splurged on some king crab legs for a special dinner this weekend. If there is a food out there with a better effort to result ratio I'd love to hear about it. 5 min steam bath and served with some lemon wedges and melted butter, perfection.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
effort also includes effort by eater

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Scarodactyl posted:

I must've gotten all your pecans. Mind is drowning in them. I want more macadamia damnit.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Shwqa posted:

I got the Samsung Galaxy Tablet A this week for $100. 64 GBs of storage is just nuts. https://www.costco.com/samsung-galaxy-8%22-tab-a-wi-fi-tablet-32gb---silver---includes-bonus-32gb-microsd-card.product.100511016.html

It has been pretty nice. I mostly use it to watch videos while working or doing chores. It has lasted 8+ hours on a single charge. I got it on Thursday and I'm still on my first charge. It also decent enough to play hearthstone which is a pretty big resource hog so I imagine it can handle most applications.

Hey Shwqa, Happy Birthday!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

TraderStav posted:

Hey Shwqa, Happy Birthday!

You remembered :unsmith:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Word on the streets is that local church is about to have a big sale on Pelican kayaks for memorial day, the missus and I were just discussing buying some

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I liked the mixed nuts the way they are, I bought the unsalted ones recently and like them a lot more. They just taste more like nuts.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

infraboy posted:

I liked the mixed nuts the way they are, I bought the unsalted ones recently and like them a lot more. They just taste more like nuts.

You sound like a real expert on nuts and the flavor of nuts. Please tell us more about the taste and variety of nuts that you love to gobble

Nooner fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 10, 2021

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I knew I was leaving myself open to that one. I'll get some Kirkland jerky if i'm feeling salty

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Scarodactyl posted:

I like the cheap frozen taquitos. They're tasty after midnight with guacamole and they have nothing I'm allergic to in them.

I don’t mind them either. They’re a quick, easy dinner option.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Chinatown posted:

WHERES THE loving MONEY LEBOWSKI ONION DISPENSER COSTCO?!?!?!
Being held hostage in the kitchen storage.

Also Costco and Save Mart were my go to; then Save Mart cut their midnight hours down to 10pm so now I hit WinCo more often (across the parking lot from Costco actually). It's been how long and Save Mart expects me to forget that they used to be open until midnight, and that they were doing fine during the pandemic as everyone needed groceries.

And yeah I don't hang out at Costco anymore since I need to hurry my hot dog back to the car before it gets cold and spread that mustard.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

infraboy posted:

I knew I was leaving myself open to that one. I'll get some Kirkland jerky if i'm feeling salty

*scribbling furiously in spiral bound The Matrix notebook*
Jerky.... off.... hold on guys I think I’m onto something here. I’ll come up with a burn in just a minute

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Got new tires for my wife's car this past weekend. Tire center guy said it'd be ~90 minutes so I leisurely ate a hot dog before doing my shopping as I had plenty of time. Despite being as careful as possible, I still dripped some mustard onto my shorts, which was disappointing. Then, not ten minutes into my warehouse shopping experience, I get a call that the car is ready, only around 25 minutes after I dropped it off. Ended up spending $1100 at Costco this past weekend., PBUC.

Those asiago and pepper jack Whisps cheese cracker things are really good.

Sadly, they didn't have the Jones Dairy Farm chicken meatballs, but they did have some breakfast-type chicken sausages made by the same company which I'm excited to try.

Also, in my experience I've found the Kirkland Signature frozen salmon fillets to actually be higher quality and better-tasting than the fresh salmon they offer in the cooler meats section. It's also preportioned and individually wrapped, so I'm all in.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

The Midniter posted:

Got new tires for my wife's car this past weekend. Tire center guy said it'd be ~90 minutes so I leisurely ate a hot dog before doing my shopping as I had plenty of time. Despite being as careful as possible, I still dripped some mustard onto my shorts, which was disappointing. Then, not ten minutes into my warehouse shopping experience, I get a call that the car is ready, only around 25 minutes after I dropped it off. Ended up spending $1100 at Costco this past weekend., PBUC.

Those asiago and pepper jack Whisps cheese cracker things are really good.

Sadly, they didn't have the Jones Dairy Farm chicken meatballs, but they did have some breakfast-type chicken sausages made by the same company which I'm excited to try.

Also, in my experience I've found the Kirkland Signature frozen salmon fillets to actually be higher quality and better-tasting than the fresh salmon they offer in the cooler meats section. It's also preportioned and individually wrapped, so I'm all in.

Almost all (with the exception of local/fresh off the boat) seafood that is packaged and displayed "fresh" was processed and frozen at sea. By being in the fish case and sold 'fresh', it's already had one freeze/thaw cycle on it. The cryovac'd stuff stays frozen from the processing boat to your freezer.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
The Perdue panko breaded chicken nuggets are quite good. Easy meal when I don't feel like cooking anything beyond throwing a dozen or so in the toaster oven.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I get the fresh steelhead fillets with the skin on and hot smoke them. I buy the frozen salmon fillets for general use. Also a PSA - if you don't like salmon it's probably because you are overcooking it. I like to take the frozen salmon fillets, thaw them overnight, then generously salt and season with garlic powder, pepper, and paprika and pan fry on medium heat until they hit an internal temp of 125 F. They just melt like butter in your mouth.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

toplitzin posted:

Almost all (with the exception of local/fresh off the boat) seafood that is packaged and displayed "fresh" was processed and frozen at sea. By being in the fish case and sold 'fresh', it's already had one freeze/thaw cycle on it. The cryovac'd stuff stays frozen from the processing boat to your freezer.

you dont want actually fresh fish unless you want parasites in your fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I've tried a few of the different types of chicken nugget products from the 'co and the Just Bare ones are a lot better than the Tyson offerings that I've tried if you want to test those out.