Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

The remake apparently did well enough to remake Zwei

As far as how it plays after patching its nice and smooth and looks quite good. The "problem" I guess is its a fairly bare bones port of a game with a whopping 6 levels and a final boss. There are some neat cheats they added (god mode, speed up, one hit kills, etc) but for 25 bucks its a lot to ask unless you absolutely love Panzer Dragoon.

Wait for a 1+2 double pack I guess?

Edit: there is a joke achievement of sinking 100 or more hours into the game.

I bought it on both Switch, and PC in order to support it. So glad that paid off if Zwei is being remade as well. There is also a first person VR version of the first game in development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I completed my first year of taxes in the span of 20 minutes!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Star Fox Command seemed like a neat idea since it sounded like an attempt to redo Star Fox 2 and I liked how it seemed to have just a bunch of endings and paths to go down but gameplay wise it didn't seem to be the same kind of stuff over and over again.

I do love how one of the endings is Falco and Fox deciding to gently caress off from the mercenary/bounty hunter business and become "G-Zero" racers.

Also that another ending was just Krystal just noping out of the franchise.

Assault seemed like a decent game but the wing missions looked boring.
I liked Command as its own thing. Just seemed its ambition kind of exceeded its specs, but could have been a neat foundation for a follow-up iteration.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Grouchio posted:

I completed my first year of taxes in the span of 20 minutes!

Congratulations, if you're in the US that's a herculean feat, meanwhile most other countries are probably like "w/e"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Congratulations, if you're in the US that's a herculean feat, meanwhile most other countries are probably like "w/e"
Turbo Tax Freedom File (US) is where it's at!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
do people like? fill out their tax forms holding the pen in their toes or something???? 2 W2s and a 1099 and it took me maybe 15 minutes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if you listen to old people talk about taxes they make it sound like hours of confounding torture

course that's because they probably own at least one house and investments

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you work exactly one job as an employee that receives a W-2 and have no other life complexities whatsover I suppose it will be quick

If you are a gig worker or freelancer, have multiple jobs, are in any way financially implicated in the American higher education system, or have dependents, you are Entering the Labyrinth

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I use TurboTax, so that helps bring down the amount of time necessary considerably. If you try to file your taxes with the official IRS documents, it can take awhile if you are doing more than just a W-2. I have to submit taxes for that, my house, a health savings plan, and some other stupid poo poo that the IRS already knows about but still requires that I submit for.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I live in Japan so that fact alone makes me filing my US taxes a real son of a lycan

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

TurboTax lobbies the US government to kill tax law reform so it remains complicated and they can continue to sell people TurboTax so gently caress them. The IRS already knows how much everyone owes and they could just send you an itemized bill but lol.

I just pay a local dude to do ours; at least I'm supporting a professional in the neighborhood.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The IRS is also massively underfunded so getting any assistance with an issue is nearly impossible.

But the rich who control our government dare not let them raise the budget lest they might catch more wealthy people dodging their taxes.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Your stream was fun to watch! I hope you will continue streaming. More regular, consistent streams would be really fun to watch.

Thank you kindly!

I will continue. I have gotten into a fun groove of Tuesday/Friday/Sunday definite gaming time and as long as there are goon loved games that would be fun for people to see me bumble through then I will play them :D

Gaming with friends is the best gaming you can do, I have always said, and this is gaming with friends and tremendous fun! I still have a few big games to finish after this too. Maybe I can even have some voting on future potential games and which order I play them. I really do well with a structure otherwise I flail and cannot choose what to play.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Behold, Games chat! I have unlocked a whole new level of posting power! With the combined forces of Maki Itoh and Bowsette none can stand against me!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you work exactly one job as an employee that receives a W-2 and have no other life complexities whatsover I suppose it will be quick

Yeah, that's me. Back before Trump decided he needed to Trump all over absolutely everything he could and did away with the 1040EZ, I could do my federal and state taxes in about 10 minutes combined.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Rarity posted:

Behold, Games chat! I have unlocked a whole new level of posting power! With the combined forces of Maki Itoh and Bowsette none can stand against me!

No one poster should have all this power

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Draga posted:

No one poster should have all this power

Join the Simp Army or perish :black101:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Years of helping college kids renew their FAFSA and CSS Profile unlocked my consciousness to the finer intricacies of US tax law.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Rarity posted:

I'm always happy when Maki Itoh stuff pops up on my twitter so I'm already halfway there. Haven't watched any wrestling in years but I follow people who do so I try to keep up to date.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Draga posted:

I'm always happy when Maki Itoh stuff pops up on my twitter so I'm already halfway there

Your application has been approved :hai:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Lady VG and I finished Avatar the last Airbender on Saturday (her first time and my second time) and now we are on Korra (same, her first time and my second time) and I would love for a third show set another generation later!

I love Avatar and Korra so much and I should get around to playing the Korra PS4 game too (I luckily have it before it was delisted). :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
VG has reached Sekiro I see

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

VG has reached Sekiro I see

I am near the end :D It is utterly fantastic. Made a huge chunk of progress yesterday. Beat a tough boss, then got caught on another version. So made some story progress and am nearing the end I believe. Also set up three separate endings but I know which one appeals most to me :)

Loving it to bits! Still mulling over in my mind if it is better than Bloodborne, but it is definitely better than all three Dark Souls. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I saw my hardcore gamer friend the other day and told her I'd crushed Ninja Gaiden II and she was very impressed. Maybe I'm good at video games? :thunkher:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rarity posted:

Were you able to file your taxes?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

I saw my hardcore gamer friend the other day and told her I'd crushed Ninja Gaiden II and she was very impressed. Maybe I'm good at video games? :thunkher:

Ehh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh :(

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Truly the game that keeps delivering....

https://twitter.com/bgDzNY5zKPNFETJ/status/1390317888771268608?s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I did my taxes back in February

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Waffleman_ posted:

I did my taxes back in February

I've filed my taxes, entirely unintentionally, within the same 3-day span for the last 4 years.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Last night I beat Transistor. It was the first game I bought for the console, and the last trophy I had earned was in 2014. I guess I was a little more than half-way through but it was short enough that I could just push forward and was able to scratch it off in a few hours.

I know that having a kind of running commentary in their games is a Supergiant hallmark but I really just wanted my sword to shut up. It added so little for so many words. Still, I’m glad to have finished it.

I pretty much immediately fired up Mad Max since that always seems like something I’m close to beating, but that’s so control-complex that I was floundering through car and melee combat for a while. I feel like I’m close-ish to the end; my story quest involves getting the Big Chief V8 engine and it looks like I have all the areas unlocked. Just gotta go to the markers and check the boxes for a few hours. Fortunately it’s a good podcast game so I can catch up on what I’ve been too busy to listen to.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I liked the idea of the Transistor's voice coming through the PS4 controller speaker, but that made it really hard to understand so I had to send it through my headphones

Amazing music too, I still listen to it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

you are and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i (sonic the hedgehog, knight of the wind) killed king arthur yesterday

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

My problem with transistor is that if I stop playing the game and try to come back to it, the battle system just spews information at me and expects me to understand it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

My problem with transistor is that if I stop playing the game and try to come back to it, the battle system just spews information at me and expects me to understand it.

This is me but all games if I don't play them for literally one day.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Transistor made me feel dumber than i thought a videogame could

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Games should have really difficult sections where you have to carefully analyze the main themes and characters in both short and long essay format.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

mutata posted:

I just pay a local dude to do ours; at least I'm supporting a professional in the neighborhood.

My taxes are simple as poo poo. Married, single income, 1 dependant and no assets. I still pay a dude $175 a year to prepare them for me because I hosed up the first year my kid was born and got audited for around $5,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

Games should have really difficult sections where you have to carefully analyze the main themes and characters in both short and long essay format.

That might actually force me to pay attention to the plot for once