Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I can’t get past biome 3 but I can perfect run the daily challenge, wtf is this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Not a Children posted:

I can’t get past biome 3 but I can perfect run the daily challenge, wtf is this game

never stop moving, never stop dodging

generally only aim for weak points on beefy bois, and then only when there's nothing dangerous and its staggered

speed and agility are your friends

set auto-sprint to on, dash and jump on l1/r1

The game absolutely gets easier as you go though, more useful artifacts and equipment, more weapons, more weapon unlocks, and a better sense of what items you should prioritize spending bucks on (plus just getting better in general, and being able to maintain adrenaline 5 for long stretches, along with aggressively collecting obols as they drop)

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
After a hour or two of trying to find log 9, I think I'll leave this one unplatted until its all fixed, which I'm guessing will be a while yet because there are much bigger problems with the game, like an entire system not working and it being in dire need of saves. I really hope they manage to correct it all though, it's such a shame that the core game is so good but the high-level direction is engineered to create misery.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Fedule posted:

After a hour or two of trying to find log 9, I think I'll leave this one unplatted until its all fixed, which I'm guessing will be a while yet because there are much bigger problems with the game, like an entire system not working and it being in dire need of saves. I really hope they manage to correct it all though, it's such a shame that the core game is so good but the high-level direction is engineered to create misery.

eh, I can't think of many games where 'I must get platinum!' was even a consideration, that it's appealing at all speaks to the draw the game has, for me at least

I totally agree all the technical fuckery sucks badly, but unfortunately that's Our New Normal, and it's probably only going to get worse for games this year - we're seeing games that were already in prod pre-pandemic, next up we're going to see games with a bigger chunk of their dev time in WFH land

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Glad i'm not the only one missing log 9, apparently people have found it after act 3 late game but not for all of us. I actually have yet to see a single corpse of selene either.

The save thing it really a non-issue once you've gotten the credits and can do whatever biomes you want.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Aren’t we supposed to be getting attacked by zombie Selenes or am I misinterpreting what meeting these dead bodies is supposed to be?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I’m not going for Plat but luckily I already had Log 9 unlocked when I finished Act 3 and was looking over my inventory.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bust Rodd posted:

Aren’t we supposed to be getting attacked by zombie Selenes or am I misinterpreting what meeting these dead bodies is supposed to be?

That’s the multiplayer integration. Unfortunately it’s not working right now and when they fixed it for 1.3 it caused the save corruptions so they removed it again.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

HampHamp posted:

Not sure if it'll be of any help to anyone, but it seems as though some of the scout logs appear as a result of things you do in the game. Number 10 for example showed up for us when we had collected a bunch of parasites in biome 1, and I pretty sure another only showed up when I used a reconstructor in one of the biomes.

Quoting myself from earlier as it seems like a lot of people struggling to find logs. I wrote scout log number ten in my earlier post but it may have been 9, I'm not at home to check. Worth a try though, grab some parasites and try stuff you don't normally do!

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Pretty crazy that this feature has been so broken that many early adopters will finish the game without ever getting to engage with it.

It’s too bad, it’s a pretty neat concept. You could either salvage their remains or avenge them, which involved fighting a mini-boss and rewarded a handful of ether. And sometimes the corpse would just revive and you’d fight alien Selene.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I'm pretty sure the parasites are irrelevant, I had the datalog about parasites at 100% well before my biome 1 marathon, I started grabbing them out of superstition maxing out at 5 and nothing really changed after multiple times doing it other than making it a pain in the butt depending on what the parasites afflicted you with.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I have seen it alleged that Log #9 spawns, when it spawns at all, in the only non-singleton blue path in the Ruins and never behind the locked door, so the speedrun method is to blow through the Ruins checking every blue door until you find one with another blue door behind it, and restart if that path doesn't have the log.

The problem is, I've just done five runs of Ruins and there hasn't been a single blue door with any other doors behind it.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I looked at my logs. I haven’t reached the true ending yet but I do have log 9.

I actually have most of the logs and cyphers, with the exception of biome 2, where I only have half of the latter.

This is under 20 hours so if you guys have legit put in 100, ya sounds p bugged.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

ultrachrist posted:

I looked at my logs. I haven’t reached the true ending yet but I do have log 9.

I actually have most of the logs and cyphers, with the exception of biome 2, where I only have half of the latter.

This is under 20 hours so if you guys have legit put in 100, ya sounds p bugged.

Yeah I'm 19 hours and have all the logs except some in 5/6 which I did in one sitting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How the heck do I fight the biome 4 boss? I opened the door and there’s just a statue and I can’t figure out what to do next.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

veni veni veni posted:

How the heck do I fight the biome 4 boss? I opened the door and there’s just a statue and I can’t figure out what to do next.

I think that one's at the top of a tower right? Try going to the very back of the room and looking around for a grapple point.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

I think that one's at the top of a tower right? Try going to the very back of the room and looking around for a grapple point.

That was it thanks.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I decided to do a run where I went as thorough as possible, and managed to beat the biome 3 boss, then reach the biome 4 boss, who I died to in his last health bar.

Serrated really is an insane trait for hollowseeker, drat.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
When you get the portal beam + serrated projectiles, pretty much no reason to swap guns unless you find a better version or the Electropylon gun

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

FUUUUUUCK biome 5, I've been at this all day. Finally got two keys and had to shut it down because I can't take anymore tonight. This is far too intense, I've died so many times, I don't want to go back to the jungle!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Fix posted:

FUUUUUUCK biome 5, I've been at this all day. Finally got two keys and had to shut it down because I can't take anymore tonight. This is far too intense, I've died so many times, I don't want to go back to the jungle!

You must believe in yourself. Maintain a positive attitude. Every time I walk into a new room I loudly affirm "you can do this jbp!" and when I see an enemy I know is hard I remind myself "watch out for the X attack, stay focused!". Hesitation is defeat.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

There are so many missile drones.

At least I was smart this time and when they dropped two bots in a room I just skated through it without engaging.

I've got one revive in the back pocket for door #3, but nothing else left to upgrade that will keep me alive longer.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I understand why people like the pylon gun so much but tbh I don't find it very fun. It's stupidly good though. I got to the biome 4 boss on my first run through it and went in there with half a health bar and almost killed him in like 2 minutes just spamming it at him. He would have went down if I had even 3/4th of a non upgraded heath bar. it seems pretty op

I just want to blast poo poo though and it's not very satisfying in that regard.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Biome 5 remains my run ender too. I can scrape through 4 with basically any build, and if I reach 6 I'm beating it.

But 5 is just a hard check for how well my build is coming together, and if I get boned by hard rooms before I can get some more resources.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I've lost track of how many loops and I still haven't even found the rotgland lobber, let alone log 9. I need to start just repeating biome 1 even if I have as nice setup to run the rest of act 1 with.

Also how the hell am I still missing seven cyphers in biome 2? Could there really be that many more rooms I haven't even seen yet?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I assume I’ll get more collectibles when I unlock swimming and I assume some kind of double jump? I’m only on Biome 3 and I’m honestly way, way more interested in exploring Biome 1 and 2 with my new toy than I am progressing forward into hosed up Robot Hell, AKA DC.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bust Rodd posted:

I assume I’ll get more collectibles when I unlock swimming and I assume some kind of double jump? I’m only on Biome 3 and I’m honestly way, way more interested in exploring Biome 1 and 2 with my new toy than I am progressing forward into hosed up Robot Hell, AKA DC.

I don't want to spoil anything but I would highly, highly recommend pressing forward and finishing biome 3.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Well... OK then!

When farming, you do you folks clear out Biome 1 and go straight to 3 or do you ever feel the need to dip toes in to B2?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Well... OK then!

When farming, you do you folks clear out Biome 1 and go straight to 3 or do you ever feel the need to dip toes in to B2?

Yeah I'd go straight for 3. You can't really dip your toes in B2. Once you go through the gate, you'd have to go through the majority of B2 again to get into 3. Not worth it. Clearing out 1 should get you enough health and other goodies to be set for 3.

Spoiler for what I mentioned above if you're curious: The game is divided into two parts. Once you finish biome 3 and start biome 4, biome 4 is your 'start' point if you die. There's a bit more to it, but that's the most spoiler free way to put it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cool, I actually love that gameplay loop so I'm super into that.

When farming B1, I tend to leave all the treasure chests until I have proficiency 2 or 3. Am I correct for doing that? or is the item in the chest spawned when the chest is spawned, not when it's open?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

When farming B1, I tend to leave all the treasure chests until I have proficiency 2 or 3. Am I correct for doing that? or is the item in the chest spawned when the chest is spawned, not when it's open?

I believe that you are doing correctly but I don't think it matters too much at that low level. From my experience, with weapons it's more about the talents than about the number.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
So does anyone else get Activity cards that just... don't have any detail on them? I have no idea where my missing ciphers even are, plus I'm still missing an entire xenoglyph somewhere. I think the cards are supposed to show you a breakdown of stuff in each biome, but mine just say "Fully explore $BIOME_NAME" on each card.

Also at one point I got a random Objective Update despite being long past the full clear and it literally just showed Objective Name: Objective Detail at the top right for a few seconds.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Fedule posted:

So does anyone else get Activity cards that just... don't have any detail on them? I have no idea where my missing ciphers even are, plus I'm still missing an entire xenoglyph somewhere. I think the cards are supposed to show you a breakdown of stuff in each biome, but mine just say "Fully explore $BIOME_NAME" on each card.

Also at one point I got a random Objective Update despite being long past the full clear and it literally just showed Objective Name: Objective Detail at the top right for a few seconds.

I got an activity card to complete a daily challenge in simulation mode and I was like... what is simulation mode?

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Like a lot of things on the game right now, pretty sure those cards are borked. Mine were looking better yesterday but I assume that was from me getting lucky and looking before they broke again rather than them actually being fixed.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve never really bothered waiting on chests as it just adds to the backtracking. The only backtracking I do is for vending machines, challenge rooms and for the red/green bed. Or if I’m hurting, backtrack to a weapon that has hardened or leech. I always try to do the red bed and challenge room if possible as it typically gives good loot that snowballs into a nice build. Also a good tip: always try to upgrade your blade as soon as possible. There’s almost always a room in each biome that you can access with it that has free health/money/artifact drops. It’s another one of those things that can snowball. Leave some health picks-up alone if you're at max despite wanting to increase your health bar, in order to mitigate red bed damaged if you come across one. Though I've had some pretty lucky RNG in that green bed spawns in same biome as red bed 4/5 times so they cancel each other out.

Arkage fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 10, 2021

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Bust Rodd posted:

Well... OK then!

I always get my rear end kicked by missile bois when I run straight to 3. 2 is my favorite biome and it's really easy so I'll usually do the first half up to the TP to get some free stuff.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Do green pickups only become resin if you're at full health? Are they always the heal if you aren't? If you see one as health, then go heal to fill, then come back, do they become resin and vice versa?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

KingKapalone posted:

Do green pickups only become resin if you're at full health? Are they always the heal if you aren't? If you see one as health, then go heal to fill, then come back, do they become resin and vice versa?

Any heals become resin, temporarily, if you're at full health, but it doesn't work the other way around. You can still find world-spawned resin if you're not at full health.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Arkage posted:

Also a good tip: always try to upgrade your blade as soon as possible. There’s almost always a room in each biome that you can access with it that has free health/money/artifact drops. It’s another one of those things that can snowball.

What room can only be accessed with the upgraded blade? And which upgrade is that? Is that the one you usually get from the 'vending room' that has the 4 stations plus the one to increase protection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Yup, it's "blade balancer" and lets you cut down the yellow forcefields you sometimes see on doors or around chests. This is not explicitly indicated anywhere in the game as far as I am aware.