Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's 7.99 bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hilary Duff was on tindr and it's free.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It's 7.99 bitcoin

Sorry all I got is 7.99 dogecoin.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Bust Rodd is right that it's extremely suspect for older men to pursue women whose ages still end in "teen." When I was 18/19, I was extremely immature and couldn't have possibly navigated a date with a 50-year-old. Honestly I can't think of a single person who was capable of that at that age.

I think that Ben Affleck finding someone on Instagram to message her about unmatching him was weird as hell. He has allegations against him from 2017 that everyone just kind of forgot about. I don't blame anyone for forgetting because there's frankly too many creeps in Hollywood and it's impossible to keep track of them all. But it was weird to log onto Twitter and see people posting about how she should have just hosed him.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's not a good look for men to flirt with barely legal teens. But that's all he did. This really doesn't belong in this thread.

This probably kills the app.

If I was a 19-year-old famous enough to get on the celebrity dating app there's no loving way I would limit the ages. I'm swiping right on every drat face I recognize so I can talk at parties about how <random celebrity> likes my eyes or whatever.

Harvey Birdman
Oct 21, 2012

graventy posted:

If I was a 19-year-old famous enough to get on the celebrity dating app there's no loving way I would limit the ages. I'm swiping right on every drat face I recognize so I can talk at parties about how <random celebrity> likes my eyes or whatever.

Yeah, I feel like that's probably what's going on here. idk how Raya works specifically, but if it's like Tinder or Bumble, then you can't chat unless both parties have consented to talking (swiping right), and they can't do that if both parties don't have the other in their age range for ppl to be shown. So it's sleazy, sure, but not an abuse, and I agree not properly material for the thread.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AceOfFlames posted:

7.99 month seems awfully low for a celeb only app. I mean, prole apps like OkCupid A-List and Tinder Gold charge way more.

Is rich people paying less for things* really all that unusual? Isn’t that just par for the course?

* Unless they’re deliberately paying more to show off

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Didn't the woman who matched with Ben Affleck realize it was actually him when he found her on Instagram and DMed her "why'd you unmatch me?" Ben could get laid without trying and still goes that route lmao I've never hopped in the DMs c'mon man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Didn't the woman who matched with Ben Affleck realize it was actually him when he found her on Instagram and DMed her "why'd you unmatch me?" Ben could get laid without trying and still goes that route lmao I've never hopped in the DMs c'mon man.

Ben Affleck is a raging alcoholic who probably also has other mental issues.

There's that old joke "you should always be yourself, unless you can be Batman, then you should be Batman." Being Batman was the nadir of Ben Affleck's life. Think about that.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Gal Gadot confirmed that Whedon threatened her career. She had previously always just said that her experience with him “wasn’t the best”.

quote:

He kind of threatened my career and said if I did something, he would make my career miserable and I just took care of it instead.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Skwirl posted:

Ben Affleck is a raging alcoholic who probably also has other mental issues.

There's that old joke "you should always be yourself, unless you can be Batman, then you should be Batman." Being Batman was the nadir of Ben Affleck's life. Think about that.

Turns out Batman is actually pretty messed up.

There was Daredevil. Which Drowning Pool made a song for, I only recently found out. Yes, that Drowning Pool.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Mr. Apollo posted:

Gal Gadot confirmed that Whedon threatened her career. She had previously always just said that her experience with him “wasn’t the best”.

Is there any context provided? Not that I'm thinking it'll exonerate Whedon or anything; I'm just wondering if it just came out of the blue, or if it was because of some, probably minor, creative difference?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Vagabundo posted:

Is there any context provided? Not that I'm thinking it'll exonerate Whedon or anything; I'm just wondering if it just came out of the blue, or if it was because of some, probably minor, creative difference?

I guess it was all about the "face on boobs" scene, which I believe I read somewhere Galdot didn't like, didn't want to do, and at the end she put a complaint and they used a double instead for that gross "joke".

Wouldn't be surprised he tried to do his usual power move on her, but Galdot's reaction was instead a big "gently caress off".

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Desperado Bones posted:

I guess it was all about the "face on boobs" scene, which I believe I read somewhere Galdot didn't like, didn't want to do, and at the end she put a complaint and they used a double instead for that gross "joke".

Wouldn't be surprised he tried to do his usual power move on her, but Galdot's reaction was instead a big "gently caress off".

Oh, I thought it was the double they used for that scene that got their career threatened.

Also yeah, gently caress that scene and gently caress Joss.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Vagabundo posted:

Oh, I thought it was the double they used for that scene that got their career threatened.

Also yeah, gently caress that scene and gently caress Joss.
Knowing what we have heard about that pig, the double probably got her career threatened as well. :sigh:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Those "Joss Whedon is my master now" shirts that were sold after the prequels were disappointing and Firefly was such a nerd darling have aged incredibly poorly.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
There's something to the idea 19 year olds who have grown up only knowing the internet and its inherent dangers are probably going to be better at navigating themselves around potentially sleazy older people than 19 year olds were in say, 1999 or something.

As an aside I never got FIREFLY. It seemed like it would be up my street but it didn't get there until say the last two episodes. But then this cult erupted around a show that had like 6 bad episodes and two decent ones. I wonder how many people still call themselves Browncoats. Embarrassing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

DrVenkman posted:

There's something to the idea 19 year olds who have grown up only knowing the internet and its inherent dangers are probably going to be better at navigating themselves around potentially sleazy older people than 19 year olds were in say, 1999 or something.

As an aside I never got FIREFLY. It seemed like it would be up my street but it didn't get there until say the last two episodes. But then this cult erupted around a show that had like 6 bad episodes and two decent ones. I wonder how many people still call themselves Browncoats. Embarrassing.

I liked Firefly enough at the time that I went to two different conventions. And even then, the Firefly fans were awful people. I've been to a few different nerd events and usually they're very warm, inclusive, friendly places, but the Firefly cons were just like, fifty percent total assholes.

The cast of the show were universally lovely, though. (Adam Baldwin was not present at either event thank God)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
drat you could probably hold a cancelcon for all the embarassing once celebrated fandom creepos and culture warriors

headliners include Joss Whedon and JK Rowling

signing booth line is for Vic Mignogna

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Does Butch Hartman get a seat?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm pretty sure some culture warriors are trying to work on that but it never gets far since they're all messy bitches who can't read the room or make a single concession.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Matthew Perry using an app as designed and getting shamed for it is kind of messed.

If I were 51 i would not match 19 year olds, but the point above about 19 year olds who grew up online and a "influencers" being different to a regular person is salient. She's clearly chasing clout. It doesn't seem like he really did anything untoward, apart from the very Chandler Bing "Am I old enough to be your dad?" line.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
In actual kinda happy news, Seth Rogen is parting ways with James Franco publicly. This is after speaking out against the perception that Emma Watson was a diva on This is the End and not just an adult who tapped out over some improvising that went beyond what she had signed up for. Doesn't make Rogen a saint obviously as both are things he should have done long ago. But good on Charlene Yi for standing up and helping this happen. It's nice to see poo poo actually matter at least to some degree.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 11, 2021

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

drat, guess we're not getting Your Highness 2

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cacator posted:

I mean, good?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Redundant at this point, but Gal Gadot confirmed Joss Whedon threatened to make her career miserable if she acted in any way he didn't like.

https://film.avclub.com/gal-gadot-says-joss-whedon-threatened-her-career-while-1846860882

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I constantly see people defending Whedons work as essential and how they could never live a life without Buffy and holy poo poo do people get cringey over tv shows from their youth.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cacator posted:

Just making room for The Most High.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just making room for The Most High.

Pretty sure Redman and Method Man already called dibs on that title.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is there a link to that post?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Is there a link to that post?

Which post? The Seth Rogan one? It's on this page just ctrl f "seth"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cacator posted:

Seth Rogan had nothing to do with Your Highness

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CelticPredator posted:

Seth Rogan had nothing to do with Your Highness

Yeah I was gonna say, I think someone is confusing Seth Rogan and Danny McBride.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, I think someone is confusing Seth Rogan and Danny McBride.

Yes. Yes I am.

Pineapple Express 2 was too obvious a reference I guess.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Skwirl posted:

Which post? The Seth Rogan one? It's on this page just ctrl f "seth"

No, the Vatican Stoner comedy pitch made on SA.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It took some looking but I found it

PateraOctopus posted:

Alright, jerkfaces, time for a real man to enter this movie pitching game.

The film starts by establishing that the Pope is dying and it's only a matter of time before he passes on to the great pulpit in the sky. So our two heroes, who have heard of the fabled Stash of Saladin in the Vatican archives, trek to the Vatican knowing that everyone will be distracted preparing for the upcoming papal selection, and they plan to try to steal the weed. Hilarity ensues as they stumble through set piece after set piece, including the aforementioned communion-wafer munchies, a scene in which they hide a joint in what turns out to be a ceremonial censer and get an entire congregation a contact high, and I dunno, a scene where they need to fill a bong with holy water or something.

The climax comes when they're caught and pursued through the city by the Swiss Guard, and through a series of mishaps end up in the Room of Tears and disguise themselves in robes that they find there. They finally end up smoking their poo poo but get caught halfway through and run away, but since it's very special ancient weed the smoke ends up billowing white, so the group assembled in St. Peter's Square think a new Pope has been elected, and somehow the two end up on the balcony and everyone mistakes them for the Cardinal Protodeacon and the new Pope, so one of them has to give a speech (in a nod to The Great Dictator) and he ends up making a plea that everyone chill and be more real to each other and poo poo. And the speech goes over really well and everyone cheers and then we do a voice over by one of the guys saying that while he didn't actually become Pope everyone loved his speech so much that they were both given pardons by the real new Pope and they got the girls (earlier we will have established that they stirred some decidedly unchaste feelings in two young ladies who hadn't yet taken their final vows). Then after the credits we have a scene in which the new Pope goes down into the archive himself, locks the door behind him and takes a big hit off of Saladin's Stash and says "Ahhh...stercus bonus!" THE END

We call the film "The Most High," give it a tagline like "The dope is infallible" and release the fucker at Easter 2012. You're all welcome.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

Knowing what we have heard about that pig, the double probably got her career threatened as well. :sigh:

Isn't he still working these days? If so I'm generally surprised, thought he would have gotten shut out of directing for sure by this point.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Parrotine posted:

Isn't he still working these days? If so I'm generally surprised, thought he would have gotten shut out of directing for sure by this point.

Whedon developed The Nevers for HBOmax, and directed the first episode but was removed from production before it started airing. Of course if it doesn't get a second season he would have worked on it about the same as if he was never fired.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
“the dope is infallible” gets me every time lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Coffee And Pie posted: