Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If they're migrants of the partition like my grandmother they might also know urdu which is spoken like hindi but written like arabic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

dioxazine posted:

power stone was pretty fun... maybe not 50 USD fun

The Power Stone arcade machine was my JAM and I loved the poo poo out of it. I pirated the version on Dreamcast (because how could you NOT) and it was enjoyable but a very weird departure from what I remembered of the cabinet experience.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ty that info was cool. nobody tell fox news that nigeria is #2 tho. gonna blame fat fingers or auto correct for writing hindu instead of hindi that’s p bad

anyway video games nier replicant is weird with boy nier instead of dad nier but it’s still so good

i think they improved the combat too

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If they're migrants of the partition like my grandmother they might also know urdu which is spoken like hindi but written like arabic.

hindi vs urdu is one of the great instances of "a language is a dialect w an army and a navy"

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

bump_fn posted:

i’m actually curious what the rates are because i will admit i assumed hindu was the national language and english is a most common second, like english/spanish in the states

Yeah, that wikipedia Sagebrush shared is surprising to me.

I've never been to India, but I've heard that English is the defacto national language. I expected the % of English speakers in India to be higher than 12%. Maybe just the wealthier people learn English.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
What videogames do you play on your extra monitor during work time? Looking for some chill turn based games. Even windowed mode.

I've put about 50 hours into slay the spire, and Indiana Jones Desktop adventures for Windows 95

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpaceAceJase posted:

What videogames do you play on your extra monitor during work time? Looking for some chill turn based games. Even windowed mode.

I've put about 50 hours into slay the spire, and Indiana Jones Desktop adventures for Windows 95

Super Tetris

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Target Track Jacket posted:

The Power Stone arcade machine was my JAM and I loved the poo poo out of it. I pirated the version on Dreamcast (because how could you NOT) and it was enjoyable but a very weird departure from what I remembered of the cabinet experience.

hell yeah! nothing beats the arcade experience for most anything

SpaceAceJase posted:

into the breach, islanders, rimworld

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

SpaceAceJase posted:

For me the solitaire games from zachtronics games, PC building simulator (lol), into the breach, FTL. Keen to know more good games to play wjile "compiling"

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I played Battlestar Galactica Deadlock during boring sales kickoffs etc. good for the use case because its a 'we go' space game where you put your orders in then things play out simultaneously.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

xcom

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

dwarf fortress, if somebody comes at you you can just say you are working in vim or whatever

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

serious answer: CIV games, similarly alpha centauri is a civ in space after science victory and it mixes things up in fun way, HOMM3

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you just had to say HOMM3

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceAceJase posted:

ngu

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

dioxazine posted:

you just had to say HOMM3

boss thinks you're really dedicated but you really just need a few more turns to wreck purple.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

wildermyth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

having your webcam above the monitor with a chess game open instead of the one with teams is really great for making it look like you’re super paying attention. until you blunder a piece and start swearing.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bob dobbs is dead posted:

hindi vs urdu is one of the great instances of "a language is a dialect w an army and a navy"

Urdu is spoken by under 10% of the country and the same is true of sindi, the majority in pakistan is still punjabi.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

jesus WEP posted:

having your webcam above the monitor with a chess game open instead of the one with teams is really great for making it look like you’re super paying attention. until you blunder a piece and start swearing.

I was in a project going nowhere in a team without cameras on ever just about the time animal crossing was released. I crossed so many animals

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

theme hospital

the gog version that Just Works ™️

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
desktop dungeons is good timewaste, to a point

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

I was in a project going nowhere in a team without cameras on ever just about the time animal crossing was released. I crossed so many animals

what did those poor animals do to you

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Endless Mike posted:

what did those poor animals do to you

they wanted social interaction and it was under the first lockdown in Denmark

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Boiled Water posted:

my partner was on a group call for a quarterly group meeting and as it dragged on the camera cut over to someone that forgot to mute with the animal crossing chatter sound playing lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

she didn’t know what it was until i was playing it one day and she interrupted like ‘wait, that’s what that noise was?!’ but i bet several people knew right away

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Agile Vector posted:

she didn’t know what it was until i was playing it one day and she interrupted like ‘wait, that’s what that noise was?!’ but i bet several people knew right away

several people looked up from their own games briefly, then straight back to the crossing

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Kenny Logins posted:

desktop dungeons is good timewaste, to a point

I keep hoping someone will take the idea and run with it for a new game, but alas…

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
surprising number of my coworkers play various mobile gatcha games at work

one of the directors i work with she is some huge whale for some mobile war game i have never heard of and is also the guild leader of a huge guild that she coordinates thru whatsapp group messaging while in meetings

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

is the pc port of hzd good now or is it permanently cursed?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime.
That's why I play final fantasy 7, on company time.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

today my play-while-working game is divine divinity 2

it was on sale in the switch store and I haven’t played it yet

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
been on a streets of rogue kick at work, also playing obscure indie games while lying to myself that i could make something as good or better

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
just console yourself w your figgies

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SpaceAceJase posted:

I don't play while working from home but I imagine Loop Hero is perfect for the extra monitor.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
beat hades. ambivalent about playing again
actually its called ngu/linux

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mad Wack posted:

been on a streets of rogue kick at work, also playing obscure indie games while lying to myself that i could make something as good or better

Mrs pony is friends with the guy who did the music for that.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
streets of rogue is really fun

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
shipbreaker 0.40 just came out and ive been getting back into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

shipbreaker is good. I sunk a solid 15h in when it first entered early access. is there a lot that's new since then? I was planning to wait for 1.0 before diving back in.

the developer's office is a few blocks from my apartment, and it has a couple of references to the neighbourhood hidden in it. I'd be lying if I said it hasn't endeared it to me a bit.