Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
You all have such a strong scum read of Solus, but with no flip resulting from his actions it's crazy null. It doesn't make any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Mr. Steak posted:

thats literally not relevant but i suppose why not. off the top of my head sal is vt, keane is mystery role (didnt claim which)

I'll never tell you bastards what it is!!!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I won’t vote solus

Also what the hell I don’t remember voting dy over Grandicap
##vote Grandicap

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

I won’t vote solus

##vote Grandicap

vote Keane with me b-one

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Who is saying vig bad and that's why Solus is bad.
The way Solus picked their target is bad and that's why Solus' vig is bad.
By saying lol random there is a lack of accountability. And an easily faked way to have no hand in "accidentally" killing a townie. Especially since they could just reroll the random result if they didn't like the outcome, or even better, just lie about it.

.random
May 7, 2007

Ok here’s my unfiltered feelings which will probably get me lynched:

Solus is being almost intentionally non-cooperative. This strikes me as something town is far more willing to do. I thought AT-LOW’s proposed town vote use of the big made sense but apparently no one else does (including Solus) and I’ve made myself look like scum for following it through.

Solus’s vig shot was not a pro-town move; imo this is unarguable. At best it’s an idgaf move.

I am a very gut vote player for better or worse and the Solus vote feels off.

To make matters worse, a vote on Solus is easily justified, which is exactly what scum want to attach to on D1 especially. If Solus flips town, everyone who voted him can pretty justifiably say “well, what he did was not in the best interest of the town so I made the rational vote” (If Solus flips scum, idk, I guess I get lynched :coal: )

Basically, I think Solus’s intransigence is consistent and is rubbing me less scummy. And I think at least one person currently on Solus is probably scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

I won’t vote solus

##vote Grandicap

Huh, I expected a read on you to solidify by the end of the day and it hadn't yet. I am sad my soul read powers aren't as developed as I had hoped b.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

.random posted:

Ok here’s my unfiltered feelings which will probably get me lynched:

Solus is being almost intentionally non-cooperative. This strikes me as something town is far more willing to do. I thought AT-LOW’s proposed town vote use of the big made sense but apparently no one else does (including Solus) and I’ve made myself look like scum for following it through.

Solus’s vig shot was not a pro-town move; imo this is unarguable. At best it’s an idgaf move.

I am a very gut vote player for better or worse and the Solus vote feels off.

To make matters worse, a vote on Solus is easily justified, which is exactly what scum want to attach to on D1 especially. If Solus flips town, everyone who voted him can pretty justifiably say “well, what he did was not in the best interest of the town so I made the rational vote” (If Solus flips scum, idk, I guess I get lynched :coal: )

Basically, I think Solus’s intransigence is consistent and is rubbing me less scummy. And I think at least one person currently on Solus is probably scum.

I don't think you or AT-LOW are scummy for either suggesting this plan or going along with it. The major problem with it is exactly the same one as votes and executions have- which is that it'd give scum a chance to influence the choice through voting, which I'm not inclined to allow.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SolusLunes posted:

I don't think you or AT-LOW are scummy for either suggesting this plan or going along with it. The major problem with it is exactly the same one as votes and executions have- which is that it'd give scum a chance to influence the choice through voting, which I'm not inclined to allow.

LMAO you said you decided to kill grand at random.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Which means scum can't influence the decision :thunk:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Incredibly irresponsible to vote on who gets shot. Anyway I'm going to just close my eyes and press buttons and see what happens, a much more sensible way of conducting business, by me, sensible man Solus they call me.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Mr. Steak is still my #1 for today. Very comfortable with where my vote is. I don't really have the time and energy to make a real case, right now and I don't even know what I would point to, but I'm really surprised no one else seems to notice his posting. It seems incoherent and like scum just constantly hopping around. I'm not willing to dismiss that based on meta yet.

SolusLunes posted:

dang, merk, then why the vote at all

you hedge like a scum gardener, vote or get off the pot

anyway ##stumpify the hum

at-low's defense of me is weird and I don't need someone defending me, it's day 1, why are you so sure of my alignment

and now you're hedging just as hard as binus

grandicap is really the only one voting me that's reasonable, keane is latching on to a goon immediately firing their dayvig as if that's not something that happens, and it feels very disingenuous

my scum reads are as follows:
at-low
keane
binus

also jesus gently caress you guys sometimes I want to go and do things on a weekend that aren't posting in a mafia game
This one post makes me lean scum on Solus now, for reasons unrelated to his vig shot. Unexplainable gut pings. It has a nonchalantness that comes off as forced.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Anyway I'm going to just close my eyes and press buttons and see what happens, a much more sensible way of conducting business, by me, sensible man Solus they call me.
What do you think of Senor Bistecca? I feel like you usually have pretty reasonable reads.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Yep. What about it?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

anyway I'm probably out for the rest of the game day, so I'm going to leave with this: ##vote keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

dy. posted:

What do you think of Senor Bistecca? I feel like you usually have pretty reasonable reads.

Honestly not on steak, I feel like steak tends to feel really earnest to me usually, including this game, but my reads aren't great on him, especially gut reads like we'd have day one.

So I guess town? But super weak, and a compelling case would push me.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

SolusLunes posted:

anyway I'm probably out for the rest of the game day, so I'm going to leave with this: ##vote keane
You are going to exit the day by leaving your vote on someone you've made no case on who no one else is really interested in executing?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

So my read on Solus is he is either playing an incredibly selfish and short-sighted town game or he is scum kind of trying to break all of the rules and come off as a townie for it because "scum wouldn't do that."

Can someone who has played with him before (preferably with him as scum) weigh on in whether either of those fits his meta better?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

dy. posted:

So my read on Solus is he is either playing an incredibly selfish and short-sighted town game or he is scum kind of trying to break all of the rules and come off as a townie for it because "scum wouldn't do that."

Can someone who has played with him before (preferably with him as scum) weigh on in whether either of those fits his meta better?

I'm happy that solus is voting where he thinks he we should look for scum, it is helpful for town when he flips town.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

CCKeane posted:

So I guess town? But super weak, and a compelling case would push me.
Eh yeah I wish I had something better. I've started to type out a case a few times but I never really end up with much of a coherent argument. I think at this point I'm OK just pointing out his general posting style and hoping someone else sees what I see, which is someone who doesn't seem to have an honest interest in finding scum as best they can.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

I'm happy that solus is voting where he thinks he we should look for scum, it is helpful for town when he flips town.
I don't understand this. Are you saying you think he is definitely town? How would this help us if he flips?

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

dy. posted:

It does have a "too scummy to be scum" feeling for me and I prefer to call that kind of bluff

.random posted:

Solus is being almost intentionally non-cooperative. This strikes me as something town is far more willing to do.

This is the response Solus is looking for

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

I'll never tell you bastards what it is!!!

i meant the letter.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol dy.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think 80% of the time i play with someone new, they make that exact case

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*new to me, not mafia

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

dy. posted:

I don't understand this. Are you saying you think he is definitely town? How would this help us if he flips?

won't you try reading that again

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

won't you try reading that again
Reading comprehension is not my strong suit in this game. Can you rephrase for me?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

i think 80% of the time i play with someone new, they make that exact case
I don't remember you playing like this in the game that I ran though. Your posting is really hard to sift through.

I think the thing that gets me is that you never add anything. Every post is a one-line reaction or reply to something else, or you jumping on a bandwagon. This one is particularly weird:

Mr. Steak posted:

i trust b-minus (in general, not just this game) because ive seen his instincts be rights more often than not. therefore im very willing to vote ilemucche, but i havent yet done a proper readthrough of him

It just seems like you're intentionally playing really lazy so you never get pinned down on anything.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

SolusLunes (5): CCKeane, Grandicap, Grandicap, Grandicap, sandnavyguy, Grandicap, merk, Grandicap, AT-LOW
Grandicap (2): b-minus1, b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, b-minus1
CCKeane (2): merk, merk, Toalpaz, SolusLunes
ObamaAkbar. (2): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
dy. (1): Sandwolf, AT-LOW, b-minus1, Sandwolf, ilmucche, AT-LOW, b-minus1
Mr. Steak (1): Grandicap, Grandicap, dy.
sandnavyguy (1): merk, merk, merk, Grandicap, ObamaAkbar., merk, Grandicap, SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Toalpaz (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
merk (0): Philip J. Fry, Philip J. Fry
Philip J. Fry (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Sandwolf (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche
.random (0): ObamaAkbar., ObamaAkbar.
AT-LOW (0): merk, dy., dy., merk
Execute No One! (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (3): .random, Philip J. Fry, SalTheBard

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 10th, 2021 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 51 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I definitely forgot that today is deadline.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What if I did this: ##vote Grandicap

.random
May 7, 2007

Real talk: was today always the deadline? Wasn’t it going to be Tuesday or am I hallucinating

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

.random posted:

am I hallucinating

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Oh wow yeah deadline is soon.

I think I'd rather see Solus go down than Grandicap. Would love to switch to Steaky Boy if anyone else is interested in making that happen.

##vote SolusLunes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

What if I did this: ##vote Grandicap

You’d be doing the right thing!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dy. posted:

Oh wow yeah deadline is soon.

I think I'd rather see Solus go down than Grandicap. Would love to switch to Steaky Boy if anyone else is interested in making that happen.

##vote SolusLunes

I think steak has been pretty townie for steak so far this game

I know he seems all over the place but this doesn’t feel like his scum game

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

Voodoofly posted:

Deadline will be sometime Monday or Tuesday, to be determined.

Hallucinations... at 50%?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hal Insandenza posted:

You’d be doing the right thing!
Why are you so confident that Grandicap is scum? I haven't really seen you say much about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dy. posted:

I think the thing that gets me is that you never add anything. Every post is a one-line reaction or reply to something else, or you jumping on a bandwagon.

the use of day 1 is to benefit future days. saying my thoughts puts those opinions into the record. everyone should be doing this