Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait wtf wasnt deadline gonna be tuesday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

the use of day 1 is to benefit future days. saying my thoughts puts those opinions into the record. everyone should be doing this
My criticism is not that you post thoughts. It's that you are exclusively "me tooing" stuff and don't seem to have a worldview of your own.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im loving drunk and with conpany

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

are you binus?

.random
May 7, 2007

I saw what I wanted to see. I guess that’s Mafia for you.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Voodoofly posted:

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE A PREFERENCE ON WHEN THE FIRST DEADLINE SHOULD BE

You can let me know privately or in here. Will be Tuesday evening (pacific time) at latest.

this post made me assume deadline was tueaday evening all week

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dy. posted:

Why are you so confident that Grandicap is scum? I haven't really seen you say much about it.

Ehhh just a strong gut read. I think he’s spent more time defending himself and hasn’t really developed cases in the way he would when he’s town.

I would be fine with Keane today as well. I think Solus is a good vote at this point too, mostly because it’s going to be informative more than anyone else

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm saying that if solus flips town, it will have been good that he laid out a vote by picking someone he thought was scummy.

I'm not saying town wins by flipping solus and having him be town. Town can learn from Solus's vote, and there's no point in hammering in 'what are you doing you don't have a case on keane' when it's day one and two hours from deadline and solus has half the votes on him.

I think that was performative of you DY.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I was just reading some old posts and just for the record I feel better about AT-LOW and Sandwolf. In both cases, their more recent posting makes me think they are playing the game honestly.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

I'm saying that if solus flips town, it will have been good that he laid out a vote by picking someone he thought was scummy.

I'm not saying town wins by flipping solus and having him be town. Town can learn from Solus's vote, and there's no point in hammering in 'what are you doing you don't have a case on keane' when it's day one and two hours from deadline and solus has half the votes on him.

I think that was performative of you DY.
I assure you it was not. Your post implied that you thought Solus was town and I wanted you to clarify that.

I'm not sure why you have such confidence that if he is town, he will somehow have been able to hand us scum. Why do you think that? Is he just a really good scumhunter or something?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

He voted on my vote, and I am a good scum hunter. >: )

I've already caught 3 out of however many on scum team.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Deadline is tonight. Nobody had a preference in regard to my last post so sorry for confusion.

If you think this is a problem message me in confessional and I might debate changing to tomorrow.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

To make it clear: asking to move the deadline in thread will do nothing but make me ignore you.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

To make it clear: asking to move it in thread will do nothing but make me ignore you.

PLeaseE Spare T HE man!!!!!!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

He voted on my vote, and I am a good scum hunter. >: )

I've already caught 3 out of however many on scum team.

Keane Sandwolf Grandicap?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Insandenza posted:

Keane Sandwolf Grandicap?

I was going to say keane sandwolf dy, but that's close enough.

Honestly, IDK what to make of grandicap. If someone tried to shoot me I might tunnel in too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What if I do this?

##vote Keane

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

Now you’re soul posting

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

What if I do this?

##vote Keane

Goddamnit I was literally coming to do this but responded to steak first

##vote Keane

I feel better enough about Solus’ posting I’ll give him another day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

To make it clear: asking to move the deadline in thread will do nothing but make me ignore you.

I demand you move the deadline back by 11 minutes

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Deadline is in two hours and not moving

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Ugh, the ole deadline shuffle. What the heck do you guys see on Keane? merk, have you even mentioned him up to this point?

Also, would vote Toalpaz after this comment. Seems to be weirdly prodding the town to set the direction of the next execution as if they know the outcome already.

Toalpaz posted:

(the fact that they just called me scum is purely coincidental I promise)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Deadline is in two hours and not moving

How about move it forward 6 minutes?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kind of a nebulous case on Keane but basically I feel like their thought processes are cop-outs? I usually anticipate Keane to be more incisive and thoughtful.

He seems like he’s been pushing the Solus case on what are flimsy grounds, I didn’t like his behavior towards SNG as it felt like he was tiptoeing on ice seeing if the thread agreed, and he seems like he’s just tryna read the wind.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane was my first case iirc

He voted Solus on the action alone and without more. It felt opportunistic and low hanging fruit. He’s still riding it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
And maybe he makes that vote in reaction and pulls away, but he’s still on it and not analyzing much more.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

He did agree with me about OA though, which is a point in his favor, because for some reason OA got no traction despite every post of his being contentless white noise.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

SolusLunes (5): CCKeane, Grandicap, Grandicap, Grandicap, sandnavyguy, Grandicap, merk, Grandicap, AT-LOW, merk, dy.
CCKeane (4): merk, merk, Toalpaz, SolusLunes, merk, Sandwolf
Grandicap (2): b-minus1, b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, b-minus1, merk, merk
dy. (1): Sandwolf, AT-LOW, b-minus1, Sandwolf, ilmucche, AT-LOW, b-minus1
ObamaAkbar. (1): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf
sandnavyguy (1): merk, merk, merk, Grandicap, ObamaAkbar., merk, Grandicap, SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Toalpaz (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
merk (0): Philip J. Fry, Philip J. Fry
Philip J. Fry (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Sandwolf (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche
.random (0): ObamaAkbar., ObamaAkbar.
Mr. Steak (0): Grandicap, Grandicap, dy., dy.
AT-LOW (0): merk, dy., dy., merk
Execute No One! (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (3): .random, Philip J. Fry, SalTheBard

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 10th, 2021 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 45 minutes.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

merk posted:

Keane was my first case iirc

He voted Solus on the action alone and without more. It felt opportunistic and low hanging fruit. He’s still riding it.
I don't see it. Honestly, seems like a really weak read from you merk. I feel like at this point in the game you're usually already convinced you caught 5 scum.

Sandwolf posted:

He did agree with me about OA though, which is a point in his favor, because for some reason OA got no traction despite every post of his being contentless white noise.
OA had escaped my attention. I did a looksie but I don't really see anything there either.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

oa is still on the table!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

I don't see it. Honestly, seems like a really weak read from you merk. I feel like at this point in the game you're usually already convinced you caught 5 scum.

OA had escaped my attention. I did a looksie but I don't really see anything there either.

Alright show me where the content in OA’s posts there. It’s crazy to me you looked through his page of posts and went “yeah no I’m sure enough this person is Town I won’t vote there”?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Alright show me where the content in OA’s posts there. It’s crazy to me you looked through his page of posts and went “yeah no I’m sure enough this person is Town I won’t vote there”?
Come on man, you're stretching what I said quite a bit there. I'm not even saying I wouldn't vote him, I just don't see whatever you see.

Null read for me. Not exactly a plehtora of content but he does challenge SNG and makes points on the Solus thing. I don't see anything significantly worse than some of the other lower-volume posters hanging around.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

CCKeane I probably would not vote for today though.

.random
May 7, 2007

I’m here again btw. This isn’t the easiest deadline west coast time zone wise, but I am here!

I wouldn’t mind an ilmucche vote tbh - I don’t feel a whole lot better since I expressed my mild scum vibing earlier, but I think that’s a tall order given the deadline.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote keane

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i vastly prefer solus to keane

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
keane has been giving off strong town vibes

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll give you all a tantalizing hint about my role: it has at least two vowels in it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

Come on man, you're stretching what I said quite a bit there. I'm not even saying I wouldn't vote him, I just don't see whatever you see.

Null read for me. Not exactly a plehtora of content but he does challenge SNG and makes points on the Solus thing. I don't see anything significantly worse than some of the other lower-volume posters hanging around.

Okay I misunderstood, my bad, when you said null, at this point in the day, it felt like you saying you don’t want to vote there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

I'll give you all a tantalizing hint about my role: it has at least two vowels in it.

Wow Keane softclaiming lunchproof jester