Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.random
May 7, 2007

Why Keane over SNG? Can someone else do a quick reread?

sandnavyguy posted:

Actually I’ll be honest, I agree with Keane this was my line of thinking cause really it’s a 1/5 shot that it kills the scumbro, 4:5 chance of making a performative bold bus between the two with no harm. And hell, if it did actually fire, they have a fairly solid town talking point that “I wouldn’t take the 1/5 risk as scum and it was a successful random hit yay aren’t I town?”

80% odds isn’t horrible for a successful solid bus, and is definitely a judgement call based on comfort, but I wouldn’t count it out.

That circular logic aside, I’m less enthused about them both being scum because Grandi didn’t lean on Solus as hard as I would have if I were trying to sell a big bus like that. This early on Day 1? It’d be a telenovella for at least a real time night.

This is after Solus claimed it was lol XD random. Why would this give any bus cred?

sandnavyguy posted:

Well, not exactly, if you did flip scum down the line they could pass it off as a lucky break still, so there’s wiggle room for scumlunus if that was the case.

The response: well it doesn’t but maybe they can just claim it’s a lucky shot later. But like, what does this give scum? Why post this stuff?

SNG then goes to make the (NOT A DIRECT QUOTE) “it’s a justified lynch even if not scum and also will give info” comment which reads bad to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sandwolf posted:

Wow Keane softclaiming lunchproof jester

Most people with my role enjoy garlic bread.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

I'll give you all a tantalizing hint about my role: it has at least two vowels in it.

nobody is asking

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote solus

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

##vote solus

This seems like a big reversal eh?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol binus never change

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

nobody is asking

I can sense your questions in your heart.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

SolusLunes (6): CCKeane, Grandicap, Grandicap, Grandicap, sandnavyguy, Grandicap, merk, Grandicap, AT-LOW, merk, dy., b-minus1
CCKeane (4): merk, merk, Toalpaz, SolusLunes, merk, Sandwolf, b-minus1, b-minus1
Grandicap (1): b-minus1, b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, b-minus1, merk, merk, b-minus1
dy. (1): Sandwolf, AT-LOW, b-minus1, Sandwolf, ilmucche, AT-LOW, b-minus1
ObamaAkbar. (1): Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf
sandnavyguy (1): merk, merk, merk, Grandicap, ObamaAkbar., merk, Grandicap, SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Toalpaz (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
merk (0): Philip J. Fry, Philip J. Fry
Philip J. Fry (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Sandwolf (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., ilmucche, ilmucche
.random (0): ObamaAkbar., ObamaAkbar.
Mr. Steak (0): Grandicap, Grandicap, dy., dy.
AT-LOW (0): merk, dy., dy., merk
Execute No One! (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (3): .random, Philip J. Fry, SalTheBard

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 10th, 2021 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 57 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

.random posted:

Why Keane over SNG? Can someone else do a quick reread?

This is after Solus claimed it was lol XD random. Why would this give any bus cred?

The response: well it doesn’t but maybe they can just claim it’s a lucky shot later. But like, what does this give scum? Why post this stuff?

SNG then goes to make the (NOT A DIRECT QUOTE) “it’s a justified lynch even if not scum and also will give info” comment which reads bad to me.

SNG is someone else that has pinged me today, but he’s got less to work with, feels like Keanes content has been worse

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

This seems like a big reversal eh?

Nah I get it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I can sense your questions in your heart.

I had thought you were a lynx until the vowel thing so thanks for clearing that one up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Nah I get it

Oh ok my mistake

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Oh ok my mistake

Well it ruins it if explained

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Nah someone’s gotta die today but for the record I think it’s gonna be a town and imo the active players are town. Scum just waiting to see where the momentum shifts

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Nah someone’s gotta die today but for the record I think it’s gonna be a town and imo the active players are town. Scum just waiting to see where the momentum shifts

Whanna do OA?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

Whanna do OA?

yes!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Whanna do OA?

You know I can’t take you seriously when you do this

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

You know I can’t take you seriously when you do this

Why not!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Why not!!

U know y

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Whanna do OA?

I'd do it.

.random
May 7, 2007

Let’s start a momentum shift!

##vote: SNG

I kinda see CCKeane though. Not answering my question :argh: and interplay with Grandi that feels... strangely like distancing? Or something manufactured.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Im here, gonna try to catch up quickly

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

.random posted:

The bus cred would be the fact that Solus and Grandi would look polarized (as in one would be scum the other town) instead of both scum because “why would I have taken the risk to short a scum buddy?” As well as the aftermath squabbling. It would be a defense if Grandi flipped scum later, and if Solus flipped scum it gives a modicum of protection to Grandi. That’s a long shot, but a rather fair gambit imo if you were a Russian roulette vig as scum. That’s what I was talking about back then, and honestly was what Keane was talking about when he said a Solus Grandi gambit.

And math or not I stand by the fact my justified lunch comment is logic clad if apparently taboo in forums mafia.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

merk posted:

Keane was my first case iirc

He voted Solus on the action alone and without more. It felt opportunistic and low hanging fruit. He’s still riding it.

That's exactly my feeling on Keane put into words. Thanks, merk!

He doesn't feel like himself and his case has been literally nothing but riding that first shot. Yes, I know I'm about to make a very similar argument in this very same post, but the important part of my bad feeling about Keane is how there has been literally no other substance to his casing.

Additionally, I'm concerned about this specifically:

dy. posted:

I don't see it. Honestly, seems like a really weak read from you merk. I feel like at this point in the game you're usually already convinced you caught 5 scum.

"you're not following your meta, merk, so your read must be terrible".

tl;dr I'm going to try to shoot one of keane or dy. if I survive until tomorrow.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

##stumpify the hum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What is cotecount

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Solus -3
Keane -5
Sng-7

.random
May 7, 2007

Ok, let’s party

##vote CCKeane

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

SolusLunes posted:

"you're not following your meta, merk, so your read must be terrible".

tl;dr I'm going to try to shoot one of keane or dy. if I survive until tomorrow.
That's not really what I meant. By "weak read" I mean merk usually goes after people haaaaard with much more conviction. Just very different than I've seen him play in the past, but to be fair, that past was like 10 years ago.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
:sickos:

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Also can you not shoot me?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

dy. posted:

Also can you not shoot me?

I mean, I could. If I wanted to.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

(to clarify, no, I don't intend to start day 2 with immediate shooting)

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

No I mean like, please do not murder me.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

dy. posted:

No I mean like, please do not murder me.

But I'm all about doing a murder.

.random
May 7, 2007

Anyone around and feel like not having a no lynch? :allears:

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I'm caught up. What am I supposed to do now.

.random
May 7, 2007

Post a case to inspire me, Fry!

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Cause it feels like this has been literally the same conversation for like 18 pages about a guy who prematurely shot his wad on what was supposed to be a dry run if, you will, and now has something of a mess on his hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’ll be here to deadline.