Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
hey friends, phiz kalifa here. just coming by to say that, you're definitely good enough to be featured on the Something Awful Dot Com Front Page, so if you needed a sign to put your pen to the grindstone and buff out some chuckles, do it. i believe in you. i'll read your stuff and circle your jokes and give you feedback like FUNNY STUFF, NICE PUN, I LIKE THIS, reaL legit hollywood pro stuff. let's get it done. you can do it, byon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomfoolery

Please put me on the front page!!!!

Qualifications:
The premier reseller of gazebos and gazebo-based accessories in the Tri-State Area. My Gazebos are the best in the industry

Front Page Article Types:
Everything about Gazebos; the best gazebos for any occasion; gazebo repair and troubleshooting

My rate:
40% commission on any gazebo sales through the somethingawful website

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to include a writing sample

This budget-friendly option from Better Homes & Gardens has a heavy-duty steel frame and a weather-resistant polyester canopy top. Its double-roof design allows for plenty of light and fresh air into the structure. And those who are planning to bring it with them to their next tailgate will be pleased to know it weighs just 50 pounds and comes with a carrying bag.

I didn't write that but I can write something like it for the site

Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 10, 2021

cruft

Good job, op, you made it happen!

Tomfoolery

Thanks for reminding me. I'm going to go have some kids

Tomfoolery

Just checking in --- have you had a chance to read my writing sample and when can I start writing for the front page????

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Tomfoolery

In case it's not clear I'd really like to write for the front page. I have PMs please let me know

Tomfoolery

Is it something I said? Do you think I'm ugly? I'm sorry. Please get back to me soon.

Stoner Sloth

BYOB on the frontpage, poker in the rear :pervert:

Tomfoolery

I know my last message was 30 seconds ago but I can't take the stress. Just, you know, message me, please

Tomfoolery

Hey, Tomfoolery here

Any progress on the front page writer choice? Anything I can do to help?

Tomfoolery

This is super hurtful and I'm not sure I want to work for a company that doesn't quickly respond to someone who is so eager and capable. Never mind I take back my offer to write gazebo based articles for the front page

Tomfoolery

Sorry I didn't mean that I do want to write for the front page please ignore my last post

Tomfoolery

It doesn't have to be about Gazebos. We also sell lawn gnomes, gardening supplies, and some second hand grills. I'll be here. Let me know what you think.

Tomfoolery

For anybody interested here is some good advice about bird feeders (maybe this could go on the front page too)

Of all the models we tested, the Onyx was the sturdiest and best-built bird feeder we came across. It has tough metal components that secure tightly to the body of the feeder. The Onyx is also versatile enough to hold several different feed types and comes backed by a lifetime guarantee against squirrel damage. Most important, in including a removable base for easy cleaning and roomy perches, Droll Yankees has designed it with a bird’s health in mind. We tested both the 18-inch and 15-inch versions of Droll Yankees’s full seed feeder. We think most people should pay extra for the larger version, as we like how the removable base makes cleaning easier. But if it’s unavailable, you won’t regret choosing the smaller feeder.

If you want to see the fullest variety of birds in your outdoor space, you need a few different feeders. If I could have a full quiver of bird feeders to ensure the widest avian population in my garden, I’d also include the following three.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Legitimately worried that I'm now too sad to write for the front page. Nobody wants to read sad things on a comedy website. Nobody wants to be beholden to the literary equivalent of a velvet painting of a sad crying clown in an iron lung.

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
done

Escape From Noise

For reasons still unclear to me one of my threads was used on a front page type thing.

Tomfoolery

Mormon Nailer posted:

Legitimately worried that I'm now too sad to write for the front page. Nobody wants to read sad things on a comedy website. Nobody wants to be beholden to the literary equivalent of a velvet painting of a sad crying clown in an iron lung.

I want to be beholden to the literary equivalent of a velvet painting of a sad crying clown in an iron lung. :hugs:

Phiz please call me

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

but doctor, i'm postliacci!

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Okay. I have a decent prompt; I'll see what I can turn out for a sample. I don't recycle pitches, so.

wimsy

Who actually reads things anymore

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I don't I just post them

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Tomfoolery posted:

For anybody interested here is some good advice about bird feeders (maybe this could go on the front page too)

Of all the models we tested, the Onyx was the sturdiest and best-built bird feeder we came across. It has tough metal components that secure tightly to the body of the feeder. The Onyx is also versatile enough to hold several different feed types and comes backed by a lifetime guarantee against squirrel damage. Most important, in including a removable base for easy cleaning and roomy perches, Droll Yankees has designed it with a bird’s health in mind. We tested both the 18-inch and 15-inch versions of Droll Yankees’s full seed feeder. We think most people should pay extra for the larger version, as we like how the removable base makes cleaning easier. But if it’s unavailable, you won’t regret choosing the smaller feeder.

If you want to see the fullest variety of birds in your outdoor space, you need a few different feeders. If I could have a full quiver of bird feeders to ensure the widest avian population in my garden, I’d also include the following three.

and all the others posts before lol

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Mormon Nailer posted:

sad crying clown in an iron lung.

oh my god this conjured an image that hurled me violently backwards through time AND space

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
tomfoolery you've got the job. please postmark all your posts to something awful headquarters, care of jeffery o'yospos, po box 69420, milwaukachusetts, arkansassee, XXXXXXX.

crimes

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

oh my god this conjured an image that hurled me violently backwards through time AND space

I'm sorry, you're welcome.

Tomfoolery

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

tomfoolery you've got the job. please postmark all your posts to something awful headquarters, care of jeffery o'yospos, po box 69420, milwaukachusetts, arkansassee, XXXXXXX.

Thank you sir you won't regret it sir
pre:
___________________________________________________________________________________________
   Tomfoolery                                                BYOB STAMP
   A nice place
   Zip code goes here??

jeffery o'yospos
                                        po box 69420
                                        milwaukachusetts, arkansassee, XXXXXXX

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 12, 2021

Escape From Noise

Punching in Something Awful Dot Com then slowly, carefully, stapling a print out of BYOB to the screen.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Escape From Noise posted:

Punching in Something Awful Dot Com then slowly, carefully, stapling a print out of BYOB to the screen.

grimacing at the screen till its all obscured by the Hammocat

crimes

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
My bird meows while we're out on walks and that's probably the sanest thing you'll hear from me.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Escape From Noise

Send me 5bux and I'll write an article! Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
I used to write poop articles about mmos :cool: