Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I am increasingly convinced that Christianity should be outlawed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

no, really, what?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

:nws: https://www.oglaf.com/babes-abyss/
:nws:

:j:

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Caitlyn Jenner running for office and being a horrible Trumpian monster in a trans woman's body is so on-brand for republicans in 2020

I mean don't they have a black guy running for office on their ticket saying there's no racism in America?

lol

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

infernal machines posted:

no, really, what?
It's the latest iteration of the Social Contagion Hypothesis (of which Rapid-Onset Gender Dysphoria is a subset) which has largely received the same response in academicia

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's a parent freaking out about their autistic child, claiming that they haven't done the proper research about transitioning, without themselves having done any reading about transitioning

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I mean the good news is apparently all the nerds are dead

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
This Is The Future Jocks Want For America

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Preps Remain Curiously Silent; Rumors Of Unprecedented Prep / Goth Alliance Circulate

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

qirex posted:

I mean the good news is apparently all the nerds are dead

nerds are just jocks who play esports now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

It's the latest iteration of the Social Contagion Hypothesis (of which Rapid-Onset Gender Dysphoria is a subset) which has largely received the same response in academicia

huh. so the same people who believed in the gay agenda 20 years ago have come up with an exciting new version for the 21st century

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEtvkH56UcU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i thought everyone was nerds now what with the marvel movies and silicon valley and everything

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

classic nerdery turned out to just be a combination of being smart while having some mashup of anxiety, depression, ADHD, and/or gender dysphoria

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

huh. so the same people who believed in the gay agenda 20 years ago have come up with an exciting new version for the 21st century
Yeah, but this time they're shoveling money to a not-insubstantial number of gays to flog their mad-libbed rhetoric 🥴

https://twitter.com/ImplausibleGrrl/status/1100719714387484672?s=19

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

politics makes for strange bedfellows indeed

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

politics makes for strange bedfellows indeed
Well, it doesn't hurt that the LGB folks most likely to make an Alliance (😏) with the religious right over the Trans Question ¹ also tend to be classist, racist and middle-class at least

¹yes people actually call it that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the most bizarre conversation i've ever had was with a staunchly conservative gay man.

like, you're in your 40s dude, you grew up in that poo poo. what the gently caress are you doing?

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 10, 2021

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
the whole 'the ______ question' poo poo is so gross to me

(a) do you not hear the shades of 'the jewish question' in there

(b) at what point did you think that there was a question and that you had a say in the mere existence of some other 'group' if you want to consider it that

personally i think we should address the Straights Question what with their gender reveals and spreading of disease in antivax communities

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

the most bizarre conversation i've ever had was with a staunchly conservative gay man.

like, you're in your 40s dude, you grew up in that poo poo. what the gently caress are you doing?

he probably identifies as a rich guy first and a gay guy second

the log cabin republicans are most definitely a thing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Well yeah the rich in this country are the only people with class solidarity.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i'm told that it's hard to get laid if you're a republican gay dude, but not nearly as difficult as being black or asian

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

psiox posted:

Well the last time I heard this one was from Andrew Sullivan so, yeah, motherfucker heard it alright

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

psiox posted:

that is *exactly* the tone they're going for, so

e:f;b

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this poo poo in sheikh jarrah is just so loving evil man. i don’t have a joke it just sucks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bump_fn posted:

this poo poo in sheikh jarrah is just so loving evil man. i don’t have a joke it just sucks

and the western media all 'both sides clash!'

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

graph posted:

and the western media all 'both sides clash!'

https://twitter.com/nyt_diff/status/1391786657536483330

It's truly horrific. Death to America and all the fascists it funds overseas.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

that diff is a genius bit of fully automated dark comedy.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

that diff is a genius bit of fully automated dark comedy.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

there's always somebody with a fyigm attitude

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I mean I care about the plight of marginalized people and have benefited massively in my lifetime from the activism of the people that came before me but, like, short term capital gains taxes

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lol this guy is gonna be mayor of new york

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1391897869137887234

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

qirex posted:

I mean I care about the plight of marginalized people and have benefited massively in my lifetime from the activism of the people that came before me but, like, short term capital gains taxes

iirc the guy i'm referring to was a lobbyist and just loving mainlined the kool-aid

he seemed otherwise normal but kept steering the conversation to politics and it was suddenly apparent that he was a huge piece of poo poo

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

bump_fn posted:

did this get posted yet?

https://twitter.com/thenationalnews/status/1391873402709872646?s=21

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

shoeberto posted:

I mean don't they have a black guy running for office on their ticket saying there's no racism in America?

jim clyburn is a democrat, mate

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

this is some in the loop poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Someone should have thrown a shoe at him but alas journalists are cowards.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

got some pro israel weirdo in my mentions

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Cat Face Joe posted:

got some pro israel weirdo in my mentions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMRwk8WDd4

Adbot