Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
2DK again!!! Woo! Chapter is less weird then the last one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think I may need to re-read the series. I remember liking it a lot but I barely remember who Koyuki is so I think i've forgotten a lot of the context for the past couple chapters.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Short and sweet OL thing by Mikanuji

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So, it's been a couple of weeks since I made a decision and while I'm still trying to figure stuff out about... well, shitloads of things actually! I've decided to, at the very least, stop going for he/him and start using they/them. It's probs gonna be hard as heck going forward, but my wife, my parents, my daughter + her wife and my bandmates have already accepted that I'm no longer ID'ing as a man, so hopefully I have that wiggle room. I've spent 8 years of my life coming to these forums and spending a bunch of time around this particular sub-forum and, well, here goes nothing. :)

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Wark Say posted:

So, it's been a couple of weeks since I made a decision and while I'm still trying to figure stuff out about... well, shitloads of things actually! I've decided to, at the very least, stop going for he/him and start using they/them. It's probs gonna be hard as heck going forward, but my wife, my parents, my daughter + her wife and my bandmates have already accepted that I'm no longer ID'ing as a man, so hopefully I have that wiggle room. I've spent 8 years of my life coming to these forums and spending a bunch of time around this particular sub-forum and, well, here goes nothing. :)

I think congratulations are in order!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Wark Say posted:

:boom:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Yo, grats! :)

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Congratulations! :)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's always difficult, but in time you'll see it as one of the best decisions of your life. Congratulations!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Wark Say posted:

Congrats! Having your friends and family accept you is definitely a very good feeling.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks, you fine folks. :D

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Congratulations :) Both w.r.t. having the courage to come out, and w.r.t. having accepting loved ones.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Welcome to the Resistance Komrade

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm happy for you Wark Say! :toot:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Congratulations!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wark Say posted:

I'm happy for you Wark

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say posted:

So, it's been a couple of weeks since I made a decision and while I'm still trying to figure stuff out about... well, shitloads of things actually! I've decided to, at the very least, stop going for he/him and start using they/them

goondolences

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
everybody, everybody!
lets start a write in campaign to bring back vampiress lord!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, the one with the jersey-wearing dadpire? There's a chance it can make a comeback? :aaa:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if we all believe in our hearts! and pray every night!! and wish upon a star!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i just did a reread... its such a shame it had to end early... she never completed the set... aya and ruri never got bit... we need to go back, we need to go back and fix things! change the past!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It probably would have sucked anyway. Everything sucks in the end.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think it would been good, it was a good series

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There are no good series. There is only eventual crap. Like my dinner.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

There are no good series. There is only eventual crap. Like my dinner.

Media truly is food for thought. :thunk:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

It probably would have sucked anyway. Everything sucks in the end.
It's about vampires, so sucking would've definitely been involved.

I'm not sorry.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

I started playing this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1578950/Lady_in_Mystery/

Historical Korean Detective Yuri, only done 2 episodes so far but Im liking it. The translation is rough in places but I am managing to look past it. The first episode was more of an introduction then anything but the second had a murder mystery.

One of the main sources of tenison is will the lesbian noble lady realize with her sapphic powers that the detective is a woman in disguise?

Cross posting this hear. I will continue playing and report on the overall quality once I finish it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Cross posting this hear. I will continue playing and report on the overall quality once I finish it.

If you want LGBTQIA+ visual novels, I can't reccommend this enough. It's a three-for-one deal, they're a bit short but they all have multiple routes and all deal with queer issues in some way.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You can also still get those seperately as pay what you want, but yeah it wouldn't have the new epilogue and its good to support npckc

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
If anyone's fine with reading a 1 million word completed quest based on Bleach that's so much more gay (and in a way that ties into the story's themes) and focuses on a group of characters who got screwed over in the original story and fleshes them out in a way that blows the original out of the water, I highly recommend Now You Feel Like Number None:
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/now-you-feel-like-number-none-bleach-arrancar-quest.37531/
Story only:
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/now-you-feel-like-number-none-bleach-arrancar-quest.37531/reader/

The protagonist is this cute gay moth she's great

She's also based vaguely on Hollow Knight stuff too

Lesbians and gays and poly gets represented here and treated with both seriousness and being key parts of both the theming and story. Also here's a good line:

quote:

“What? No girl that short and wearing only tracksuits could possibly be straight.”

Also the action scenes are loving top notch and really nail the feeling of anime fights along with epic mythology stuff.

If you want feels it's got a fuckload of them too. Both heartwarming and heartwrenching. Monsters learning to reclaim their humanity in the face of an unforgiving world.

Did I mention it's way more gay?

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 18, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what a move

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
anyone got recommendations for non-disgusting transgender related manga?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
double house, fukakai na boku no subete o

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i second double house https://dynasty-scans.com/series/double_house
here is a one shot but it might be heavier then what you are looking for https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stripping_the_flesh
hero who pulled the sword is one i dig but im assuming you want more realistic stuff

there is some other one shot stuff worth linking but i don't really know what you are looking for

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I mean when it comes to trans-related manga, I'm always a supporter of The Witch's Servant And The Demon Lords Horns.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like i love himegoto: juukyuusai no seifuku (one of the main leads is transgender) but it might not fit your critera because its incredibly messy and gets into darker stuff

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
all of these recommendations look interesting, thanks :)

i'm mainly interested in heterosexual romance but i'm down to read some yuri cause my friend is into it

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's chad-as-gently caress. :stwoon:

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/sazanami_cherry

this is a decent trans one i hadn't read before even if it doesn't seem aware that hrt exists & the language is a little clumsy at times

also het romance so bonus there for catblack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My go-to recommendation for transhet manga is Prunus Girl.

Yeah, it's not explicitly trans, it does the whole song and dance of "I'm actually a boy!" on part of the trans girl that many Japanese media did and still do, but... Come on. Read it, and tell me Aikawa isn't a trans girl with a straight face.