Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

So am I not alone in thinking this season has been a good return to form after the last couple? I can't remember a singular "amazing" episode but they've all been quite strong. Maybe the phantom movie was stretching the writing staff thin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'd say it's a B season. Maybe B-. I personally think it's the weakest but I always like episodes more on rewatches so that might change.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
18: Some Kind of Fender Benderful
When Bob gets into a four-car fender bender right outside the restaurant, he realizes finding out who is at fault will not be as simple as he had thought.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

When Bob gets into a four-car fender bender right outside the restaurant, he realizes finding out who is at fault will not be as simple as he had thought.

Bob is a sweet, optimistic man.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://hypebeast.com/2021/4/dc-shoes-bobs-burgers-sneaker-apparel-collection

There's some fun Bob's Burgers inspired shoes coming out from DC soon. I like the white high tops with the burger ingredients on them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Bob is a sweet, optimistic man.

I liked the song at least

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was really disappointed to hear Jimmy Pesto in the latest episode. Unless there was some sort of contractual obligation that he needed to appear regardless.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I was really disappointed to hear Jimmy Pesto in the latest episode. Unless there was some sort of contractual obligation that he needed to appear regardless.

This stuff has been done for a while and it is probably too hard to edit the character out without having the episode run short.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

This stuff has been done for a while and it is probably too hard to edit the character out without having the episode run short.

I guess this Simpsons quote is as outdated as the line Homer says before about paying The Simpsons actors squat:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yeah there's nothing wrong with JP the character on the show. Just replace the VA

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I do like the character Jimmy. It's nice Bob has an equally obsessed handsome-eyed rival who's underpants he wears.

The general vibe shouldn't be hard to find in a new VA.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jimmy cheering for bob in the toilet episode was one of my favorite moments in the entire show

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah I wouldn't expect any change with Pesto while they have things ready to go because the Jay Johnston thing is a story but not a huge story so the studio's not going to pay to replace him until they have to.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Didn’t the FBI tweet that they were looking for him?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Forgot to mention it but am I crazy or does Teddy call Bob "Bob Burger" again?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

Forgot to mention it but am I crazy or does Teddy call Bob "Bob Burger" again?

He totally does. I think that's my favorite reoccurring joke.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
One of the first times that Teddy calls him that, Bob corrects him immediately and Teddy mutters 'but the sign....' :D

Teddy is like simultaneously the best and worst person ever. If I really had to deal with him I think I would ban his rear end and never let him into the restaurant again.

Larry Murphy also does the voices for Gretchen, Edith, Colleen Caviello (except in the PTA episode for some reason), and Gus.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Cafe Barbarian posted:

One of the first times that Teddy calls him that, Bob corrects him immediately and Teddy mutters 'but the sign....' :D

Teddy is like simultaneously the best and worst person ever. If I really had to deal with him I think I would ban his rear end and never let him into the restaurant again.

The thing is, he is a handyman and Bob is sort of dependent on him, because he's by far the cheapest around. I am fairly sure this dynamic was established really early.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Plus Teddy is Bob's best customer, he eats there practically every day. With how the Belchers just barely scrape by financially, that's pretty significant.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

By my math, dude spends well over 300 dollars a month at Bob's.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I always figured Bob just paid Teddy in food.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Also I'm pretty sure Bob has (begrudgingly) admitted Teddy is his friend at least once.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Speaking of regulars:

19: Bridge Over Troubled Rudy

When Louise finds out that Rudy has a model bridge that explodes, she ropes her siblings into an adventure; Mort tries to teach Bob, Linda and Teddy how to meditate.

I do wish they could figure out more for Mort to do.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

I don't really credit the economics arguments for Teddy, because although I appreciate that the Belchers have money troubles, in the end it's TV and they will always be just broke enough to drive the plot.

My big problems with Teddy are:
1. he pervs on Linda a lot
2. was super lovely to Bob when Bob wanted to learn to play banjo
3. was super lovely to Bob when Bob was getting healing from Jairo
4. destroyed Bob's precious Fukinawa knife
5. gives firecrackers and other dangerous stuff to the kids
6. boring stories

but, one of Bob's most endearing qualities is that he will still help out people that have treated him terribly, like changing Jimmy's tire and taking him his medicine, or helping Hugo with his van. I am more likely to get pissed at people and never talk to them again, but I guess I'm not a saint like Bob is.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
For a second I thought Jimmy Pesto's lines were done by another actor, now I'm just assuming they were done while Jay was traveling.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Cafe Barbarian posted:

4. destroyed Bob's precious Fukinawa knife

Bob would have done the same thing to Teddy if his knife could cut through hammers.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Teddy too dumb to be truly likeable.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

In earlier seasons, I thought Teddy either wanted to be Bob's best friend or was crushing super hard on Bob. It was the past few seasons where Teddy started to get pretty creepy, like that time he was left alone in the restaurant then imagined a scenario where Linda would ditch Bob and marry him instead while adopting Bob as his son.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

If I had had a supply of black powder squibs as a child, I would have blown up like every toy that existed multiple times, too.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Madurai posted:

If I had had a supply of black powder squibs as a child, I would have blown up like every toy that existed multiple times, too.

Oh yeah. Weird them up with model rocket engine igniters, or something similar. And I would insist on that adorable little plunger.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It might just be because it's a good episode but mort was great in this one and they should use him more :shrug:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
20: Steel Magazine-olias
The Belcher kids get caught up in a game of cat-and-mouse when Dr. Yap comes to the restaurant in search of something that was taken from the waiting room of his office; Bob, Linda and Teddy try to clean a huge bird poop off the restaurant's window.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

quote:

-there's only one mechanic in town that works on that type of Porsche

-oh, what kind of Porsche is it?

-a Mazda

this was kind of the return of crazy Yap like in the frat episode. I liked it, it wasn't as nervewracking as the traffic accident one or the wages of fear explosive transport one.

Speaking of nervewracking, The Great North: lost in a blizzard...yeesh! I had to tell myself it's OK, it's a sitcom. None of them can die. Because they all could have died in this one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Laughing at Furry Tina

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
It was refreshing to have one of Tina's obsessions take a backseat and just let it be a running gag throughout the episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PizzaProwler posted:

It was refreshing to have one of Tina's obsessions take a backseat and just let it be a running gag throughout the episode.

Yeah I'm a little tina'd out

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Oh great, Tina's gone from necrophilia to furry.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011

TheFattestPat posted:

Oh great, Tina's gone from necrophilia to furry.

That seems like a step up? Of course, she'll probably just combine them

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Pet Cemetary slash fanfic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
21: Tell Me Dumb Thing Good
Linda needs the kids' help in fighting for a fun, dumb, local tradition; Bob is captivated by an online cucumber.