Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

When's season 2 coming out, again?

:negative:

e: MangaDex has been gone for long enough that when it comes back the hiatus will be over, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

marumaru posted:

e: MangaDex has been gone for long enough that when it comes back the hiatus will be over, right?

Technically MangaDex is back up! You can only access it through their API and not the webbrowser though and it's read only.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

Technically MangaDex is back up! You can only access it through their API and not the webbrowser though and it's read only.

Yeah, I saw, but I really don't want to make my own basic client just to browse my japanese mangos. I can wait a few weeks :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

marumaru posted:

There are only so many PS5 games the author can play

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kater posted:

So like are they cramming the ball into the goal? Is that it? Are they all the Cramer? Is the protagonist secretly a ghost?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dettmar_Cramer

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

There's absolutely acting in 2D animation and making it believable is a sign of a good animator.

I figured being irreverent was better than being rude.

Thank you this is cool, it is a cool show, very cool. There's lots of cool sports shows this season they are all good. Cramer might be the best or maybe it's Bakuten it is probably Kramer or Bakuten or Kramer or Bakuten also Kabbadi is fun too.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Supremezero posted:

Basically the 3 versions of spider are all radically different.
LN is... the original. Whatever.
Anime is LN but the standard "Full Speed ahead, cut out less important bits of things" hatchet job that tends to happen in anime a lot.
Manga is actually the really weird one here since it just kind of cuts out the Human characters entirely, at least thus far.

Isn't there a web version of the LN too? I remember reading the web version a long time ago, and now I'm reading the published translated LN (only on Volume 2), and they seem different than I remember from the web versions.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

AgentHaiTo posted:

Isn't there a web version of the LN too? I remember reading the web version a long time ago, and now I'm reading the published translated LN (only on Volume 2), and they seem different than I remember from the web versions.

Yes. The first 2 volumes are mostly the same (other than the dragon girl not existing at all in the WN), but they diverge completely soon after. And even some LN parts where the same events happen (like the fight against Araba) are 100% new text

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Tamba posted:

Yes. The first 2 volumes are mostly the same (other than the dragon girl not existing at all in the WN), but they diverge completely soon after. And even some LN parts where the same events happen (like the fight against Araba) are 100% new text

Although I've not read the WN, I've been told by folks who have it will also likely have a different ending than the LN too.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
PV for Komi-San anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3snByVaQUF0

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Mars Red has been a kind of slow burn ever since a standout first episode, but this recent one kicked everything into high gear. You have vampires that are immortal aristocrats preying on the weak, vampires that exist in a fog of delirium from a traumatic brain injury, and vampires that just miss being human. It's not one note. And now you have artificial vampires produced by an insane IJA militarist who spouts high minded ideals about fat rich men sacrifice the young for profit, which is why I must order my subordinates to shed their human forms and sleep in metal coffins and never ever see their families again.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

on one hand it's good, on the other they killed my friend who made the show fun :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ooooo, that style looks good!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

My years of skipping the manga have been justified.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would read the manga anyways, I have high hopes for the anime but the manga is a 4koma style so it's never going to translate 1-1.

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug
I didn't think Fumetsu no Anata e would do it but they did. Cried like a bitch

Edit: gently caress her whole village and gently caress her parents especially

Cantide fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 11, 2021

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

I would read the manga anyways, I have high hopes for the anime but the manga is a 4koma style so it's never going to translate 1-1.

Pretty true. Are there any examples of good 4koma adaptations?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

k-on

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's a ton of well liked 4koma anime

anything from the den of evil that is manga time kirara
lucky star
working
azumangah daioh
nozak-kun
aho girl
etc

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

New Game in particular is good. Demon Girl Next Door also.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

marumaru posted:

I wasn't saying making an anime of a 4koma is bad, but rather it's generally a different pace or tone than an anime generally has.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marumaru posted:

every single manga time kirara anime.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Davincie posted:

there's a ton of well liked 4koma anime

anything from the den of evil that is manga time kirara
lucky star
working
azumangah daioh
nozak-kun
aho girl
etc

I think the fact that I didn't know any of those other than Working! was a 4koma is the real issue

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

every single manga time kirara anime.

though Kirara Forward is non-4koma works so that does leave exception to

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh I was trying to remember the name of Hanayamata a few days ago

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

though Kirara Forward is non-4koma works so that does leave exception to

harukana s2 when

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marumaru posted:

I think the fact that I didn't know any of those other than Working! was a 4koma is the real issue
i mean what do you want them to do, have the 4koma appear in the actual anime?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
its the type of thing you can glean more from experience if youve done a lot of "read the 4koma and then watch the anime and see how they handle it", a real obvious 4koma show will have a lot of gag setup->punchline revolutions

Endorph posted:

if shaft were adapting it this would just be the premise of the episode previews

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

Its been done

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KpX8D5VTslo&feature=youtu.be

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blue reflection just had an entire episode about twitter arguments/callout posts with no actual fight scene. it ruled.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

Endorph posted:

blue reflection just had an entire episode about twitter arguments/callout posts with no actual fight scene. it ruled.

Really?

Did we need that poo poo in anime, too?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Really?

Did we need that poo poo in anime, too?

Bro have you heard about this little known show Gatchaman Crowds

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://animesweet.com/anime/the-author-of-higehiro-called-not-to-imitate-the-nudes-of-the-novels/

“The animated adaptation of the light novels Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou ((Higehiro: After I got rejected, I shaved and did a high school runaway) may have a good time, but couldn't help that a conspiracy involving a high school girl running away from home and living with an office worker had nothing to tell.

In fact, since the title was chosen, the author seems to disagree and has currently published some publications about it. On Twitter, March 25th, the author Shimesaba wrote: "When I'm on Twitter, I get a little painful when readers make comments like "I want to pick up a girl from high school too!" I wish they would stop making jokes like that. Things like "I'll kill you!" or "I swear I'll kill this guy!" They are not things to joke around with."

kater
Nov 16, 2010

garfield and friends is what you get when you adapt 4koma.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

excuse me, garfield is a 3koma

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they added the fourth koma for his friends

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

kater posted:

garfield and friends is what you get when you adapt 4koma.
tomo-chan never got an adaptation

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

marumaru posted:

https://animesweet.com/anime/the-author-of-higehiro-called-not-to-imitate-the-nudes-of-the-novels/

“The animated adaptation of the light novels Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou ((Higehiro: After I got rejected, I shaved and did a high school runaway) may have a good time, but couldn't help that a conspiracy involving a high school girl running away from home and living with an office worker had nothing to tell.

In fact, since the title was chosen, the author seems to disagree and has currently published some publications about it. On Twitter, March 25th, the author Shimesaba wrote: "When I'm on Twitter, I get a little painful when readers make comments like "I want to pick up a girl from high school too!" I wish they would stop making jokes like that. Things like "I'll kill you!" or "I swear I'll kill this guy!" They are not things to joke around with."

that's kind of neat but why did you source it from a weird anime news aggregator that has the worst machine translation known to man and feels like it is entirely run by an ai incapable of human speech

https://animesweet.com/anime/dragon-ball-super-2022-could-the-movie-have-to-do-with-artificial-intelligence/

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

marumaru posted:

perhaps an iffy TL of their tweets, though even before that I don't know what that person is trying to say in their own words. the author guy is saying that "I want to pick up a high school girl [like in higehiro]" is like "ahh, I want to commit a murder too~" in response to a story with killing in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah that would do it