Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

FMguru posted:

first you get down on your knees
fiddle with your rosaries
bow your head with great respect
and genuflect genuflect genuflect!

I understand that reference :)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

axolotl farmer posted:

old person detected

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

"[Fatty], that was probably the lousiest landing in the history of this airport. But there are some of us here, particularly me, who'd like to buy you a drink and shake your hand."

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

psiox posted:

"[Fatty], that was probably the lousiest landing in the history of this airport. But there are some of us here, particularly me, who'd like to buy you a drink and shake your hand."
K brt emptying out the autopilot

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

axolotl farmer posted:

i didn't and i looked it up and spent a good half hour or so watching tom lehrer bits on youtube

i'm kinda pissed that i'm just finding out about this guy now, but better late than never!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

i didn't and i looked it up and spent a good half hour or so watching tom lehrer bits on youtube

i'm kinda pissed that i'm just finding out about this guy now, but better late than never!

" Lehrer largely retired from public performances to devote his time to teaching mathematics and musical theater history at the University of California, Santa Cruz. "

i mean come on

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

speaking of good old comedy, Bob Newharts phone bits are really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDxAzVEbN4

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

" Lehrer largely retired from public performances to devote his time to teaching mathematics and musical theater history at the University of California, Santa Cruz. "

i mean come on
he came out of retirement in 1993 to write a song celebrating the discovery of a proof for fermats last theorem

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah lol i just finished the wikipedia article. dudes baller. if it didn't say he was currently in manhattan i'd be tempted to start wandering around the ucsc campus looking to hang out with the dude (the article said he is around sometimes but i gotta think that's old info given his age)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

also i wanna go on record as saying holy poo poo it used to be way easier to get a good academic gig

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rotor posted:

speaking of good old comedy, Bob Newharts phone bits are really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDxAzVEbN4

i can't find any bob newhart/peter sellers team ups, which is a drat shame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEB-OoUrNuk
(no idea if they ever met)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Achmed Jones posted:

yeah lol i just finished the wikipedia article. dudes baller. if it didn't say he was currently in manhattan i'd be tempted to start wandering around the ucsc campus looking to hang out with the dude (the article said he is around sometimes but i gotta think that's old info given his age)

he said he partially retired because kissinger winning the peace prize made political satire obsolete

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

or is just trying to rile people up at this point.
I am not :(

I'm not looking to piss anyone off. I don't want people to dislike me.

I value this community, and I like most of the people here. And I want people here to like me too. instead I feel like an unwanted tremendous loser. perhaps lol that's not inaccurate

and so it sucks to hear people are thinking maybe I'm just trolling. and I'm sick of being a fuckin loser, so I really do try to live and learn, and post in a way that at the very least doesn't piss people off.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I mean gently caress, am I being a bitch here? Like, more than is usually warranted re: icky
congratulations on finding the most insulting nick name for me yet :smithmouth:

Achmed Jones posted:

worse over time instead of better
worse in what way? :(

rotor posted:

i feel like everyone is hypersensitive around echi because the dude:

(a) cannot stop using yospos as his therapist and
ok :(

quote:

(b) has a real talent for putting his foot in his mouth
it's worse to be me than it is to just read my posts

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Yeah it's kinda hard to reconcile his "aww shucks, what do I know?" with "I have conducted a full review of my behavior and as a reasonable person I detect no deficiencies" schtick
who knows maybe I'm less self aware than I think. I do have a personal commitment toward re-evaluating and updating my values over my life. maybe I'm shittier at this than I thought.
appreciate the words. I would have liked to have thought I already was like this, who knows maybe I am fooling myself. is this what it feels like to be a lifetime loser. e: is there some way I can dm you

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 11, 2021

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's okay echi you said a dumb thing but it's not that big a deal and I don't think everyone needs to turn this thread into some weird echi psychoanalysis megathread, just keep doing what you do but don't take PCP.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

I value this community, and I like most of the people here. And I want people here to like me too. instead I feel like an unwanted tremendous loser. perhaps lol that's not inaccurate

and so it sucks to hear people are thinking maybe I'm just trolling. and I'm sick of being a fuckin loser, so I really do try to live and learn, and post in a way that at the very least doesn't piss people off.

who knows maybe I'm less self aware than I think. I do have a personal commitment toward re-evaluating and updating my values over my life. maybe I'm shittier at this than I thought.

appreciate the words. I would have liked to have thought I already was like this, who knows maybe I am fooling myself. is this what it feels like to be a lifetime loser. e: is there some way I can dm you

i like you echi

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

ive been supporting myself for 23 years continuously it sucks. coming up on 28 since first job

lol yeah, I've been in the workplace 24 years. Currently on our third economic bedshitting in that time. What a great world we live in.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

I loved his news hour

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
27 years in the workforce :getin:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
did we ever get an explanation on the yerevan boots thing?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

been helping my parents make rent for 25 of those years too

(not literally every year but it started when I was 16 and my Mom owes me a few grand still from the last time)

i was _this_ close to maybe finally getting over my poverty brain problems then covid happened and hosed everything up.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

prefect posted:

did we ever get an explanation on the yerevan boots thing?

you realize that admitting to not understanding that is a sixer at least, right?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Achmed Jones posted:

oh nm i figured out the right google search

lol nice

it’s here op

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Stringent posted:

you realize that admitting to not understanding that is a sixer at least, right?

aw, hell :saddowns:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cold on a Cob posted:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

sure, but i've also been working since i was 14

actually younger if you count working for neighbours doing yard maintenance or whatever

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Cold on a Cob posted:

sure, but i've also been working since i was 14

actually younger if you count working for neighbours doing yard maintenance or whatever

same, i got a job at meijer when i was 14 and since the past 25 years i've been unemployed for a total of 3 weeks.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I got my first "desktop publishing" gig at 14, at this point I usually just tell people I've been a designer for 20 years since they tend to think I'm lying if I say the real number

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

echinopsis posted:

this is why i think echi isn’t some right wing troll. there’s way too much effort and introspection here. just my two cents.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

this is why i think echi isn’t some right wing troll. there’s way too much effort and introspection here. just my two cents.

agreed op

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echinopsis posted:

i don't really think this thread needs to be the "enumerate echis goofs" thread. look at your old posts where people have been like "wtf" and you've been probated or banned and learn from past mistakes. if you want to talk about it more, feel free to PM me though. like, i want you to get better because i like you. if i didn't, i'd just take potshots occasionally and not respond to you :)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I like your posting echi, just cool it when people tell you to. :shobon:

I'm rooting for you, like I want you to be happy and make weird creative projects and not be depressed. and post about it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

President Beep posted:

i mean how can something called angle dust be bad?

this is a really obtuse take

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mediaphage posted:

not to put too fine a point on it, but you're not being a cute person right now

mystes
May 31, 2006

President Beep posted:

i mean how can something called angle dust be bad?
Do you regularly inhale dust from angle grinders?

Achmed Jones posted:

not to put too fine a point on it, but you're not being a cute person right now

mediaphage posted:

Lol

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
gdi guys

stop loving around with these tangents

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mediaphage posted:

don’t sine your posts

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

President Beep posted:

don’t sine your posts

stop going off on such tangents and i won’t need to

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

mediaphage posted:

stop going off on such tangents and i won’t need to

cosined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

if you guys would just stop being so hyperbolic we wouldnt need all these dumb little punfests