Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So for any anime-onlys thinking about the next fight, the two teams and their quirks are (without spoilers):

Team Todoroki:
Todoroki Shoto - Half hot, half cold
Iida Tenya - Engine
Shoji Something - Dupli-Arms
Ojiro Blandman - Has a tail

Team Tetsutetsu:
Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu - Steel
Honenuki Juzo - Softening
Kaibara Sen - Spiral
Deathhoof Bloodsparkle - Horn Cannon

Who will win? Who will die? Place your bets now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Class B lost last time, so Class A is going to win.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Class A has two of the strongest quirks and one of the most useful, common sense says they have this easily.

So narrative sense says they screw it up and Class B wins.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

lol at the implication that tetsutetsu tetsutetsu can ever lose

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should note that Honenuki is one of the recommended Students like Todoroki was.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Should note that Honenuki is one of the recommended Students like Todoroki was.

Counterpoint: Honenuki is one of the recommended Students like Yaoyorozu was.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tatsuta Age posted:

lol at the implication that tetsutetsu tetsutetsu can ever lose

Considering these school fights are operating under "punch people in the head so hard they go unconscious rules or else get choked out by foreign objects in your windpipe" I think he's got this one in the bag

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
At this point being let in on recommendations just means that someone is going to beat you but feel like they lost. We saw that happen in this arc and before with Bakugo v. Todoroki

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

christmas boots posted:

At this point being let in on recommendations just means that someone is going to beat you but feel like they lost. We saw that happen in this arc and before with Bakugo v. Todoroki

You gotta make the rich kids feel like they accomplished something, their families donate a lot to the school.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Narrative tension sorta dictates that they will be 2-2 going into the final match with deku et. al. The only question is whether bakugo or todoroki is gonna drop the ball. Smart money's on bakugo loving up but we'll see.

Also, it's been threatened that if shinso does well enough someone will get dropped from the hero course. The only one i would be sad about leaving is Monoma. I love his brand of dr. House-esque competence and assholeshness.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah B's going to win this next one so that the main character isn't in a "your side can't lose; at worst, you'll tie, so you don't have to try so hard this round" situation

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Is there even anything on the line other than bragging rights?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

WrightOfWay posted:

No.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

Nothing. There is nothing at stake and no threat... beyond the shame of defeat.

(Also, if Shinso does well, he might get into the hero course.)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

WrightOfWay posted:

Of course not, this is a school. Bragging rights are all that should matter to Hero students in such a setting.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

All Might should buy some pizza for the winning class or something.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It looks good on their college applications

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The losers will be killed. Or worse, expelled.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The losers will have their forum posts from 5 years ago read aloud to the whole school.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hogama posted:

The losers will have their forum posts from 5 years ago read aloud to the whole school.

All Might was filled with the deepest regret as he finished page 50 of Midoriya's Omega-Verse fanfiction. He let out a long sigh while thinking to himself that stopping now wouldn't be very Plus Ultra of him. As he turned the page it felt heavy on his fingertips, heavier than the weight he shouldered as the world's symbol of peace and justice.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
midoriya's ao3 page is like the library of alexandria, all might's got a job of work ahead of him

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Iida having to pull out his mufflers to get new ones to grow is some wild poo poo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Oxxidation posted:

midoriya's ao3 page is like the library of alexandria, all might's got a job of work ahead of him
Midoriya: I am permabanned poster AllMightLiker58

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

In this episode, Endeavour faces the most challenging obstacle of his hero career: Getting his teenage son to respond to his DMs

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Carlosologist posted:

Iida having to pull out his mufflers to get new ones to grow is some wild poo poo

I wonder is that something he can keep doing or is it just a one-off like losing your baby teeth?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, that made me really uncomfortable. Oof.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

christmas boots posted:

I wonder is that something he can keep doing or is it just a one-off like losing your baby teeth?

I think it's something they can do multiple times, but it's somewhat pointless without large amounts of growth that'd make the pain and time being out of action worth it

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah that was extraordinarily gross looking.

I really like Honenuki for both his quirk and his chill attitude. The ability to turn any non-living material you touch into something with the consistency of jello has a lot of really good ambush applications and he's clearly smart enough to utilize it that way. He's a neat character and it's a shame he's in 1-B where we see so little of him.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
todoroki is obviously going to do THE MOVE and actually kill literally everyone

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Being limited to inorganic matter makes it so that my whole idea of "lol I made your bones rubber" doesn't happen and keeps Class B from being a set of walking Body Horror enemies

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tabletops posted:

todoroki is obviously going to do THE MOVE and actually kill literally everyone

Todoroki's gonna show what happens when you heat up and then freeze metal and alternate it quickly. Spoiler: It's not great.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Todoroki's gonna show what happens when you heat up and then freeze metal and alternate it quickly. Spoiler: It's not great.

It's more "Get metal really hot and then cool it too quickly" that's the problem.

Source: I have watched way too much Forged in Fire

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

My quirk makes inanimate material have the properties of both rubber and gum,

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Sankara posted:

My quirk makes inanimate material have the properties of both rubber and gum,

Oh, it's a mystery quirk.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Being limited to inorganic matter makes it so that my whole idea of "lol I made your bones rubber" doesn't happen and keeps Class B from being a set of walking Body Horror enemies

So far.

Tetsutetsu hearing that they should keep damage to a minimum and then immediately starting to wreck everything will never not be funny to me. I like that it's ambiguous if he understands that its his teams best strategy too.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Todoroki blows up everyone on the opposing team and destroys the entire fake city they're in- to the applause of the rest of 1-B because they're cool with incredible levels of violence in training exercises.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

jassa posted:

Oh, it's a mystery quirk.

My quirk can take all of you out....with just one card.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What does ponygirl's quirk have to do with being a horse?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

The same thing Tokoyami's has to do with being a bird man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Apparently changes made by quirks can be passed along genetically even if the quirk itself was not. So you can inherit physical changes like horse or bird features without having an actual horse/bird quirk and then get a completely separate quirk along with it.