Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reminder than this is a wifoa game, and that there are multiple OPs that all contain valuable info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

It's complicated, right? I'm trying to answer this in the best and safest way that I can. There are definitely interesting discussions to be had around the hammer, and more than anything, it was weird, and personally I would love to know why. Unfortunately, something potentially role-related is happening with Mr. Steak and I want to be cautious about forcing him to reveal anything that could hint at role information right now. I think you should be too, and maybe like, understand that there are reasons to conceal information as town.

no it’s not complicated this is one big fuckin dodge to the right. Steak isn’t claiming that role, he’s claiming he’s trying to help that role. This isn’t role fishing. I don’t give a poo poo what steaks role is, only his alignment.

This is such flimsy bullshit to not actually be talking about anything while wanting to appear in the right

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

reminder than this is a wifoa game, and that there are multiple OPs that all contain valuable info

oh my god is everyone just gonna clutch their pearls until beginning of day?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Grandicap posted:

And dy. What's the point of open twilight if we don't talk about things like this? Especially while we wait for the flip that will provide even more information?
It's nothing special about twilight, this is probably also a dumb conversation for Day 2. You guys are just really really bad at being cautious around role information. I honestly don't get it.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

dy. posted:

Unfortunately, something potentially role-related is happening with Mr. Steak and I want to be cautious about forcing him to reveal anything that could hint at role information right now.

He did it himself with no... well, technically with minimal prompting

I mean it's not even the day yet, it's not like we can force his hand

Ultimately we probably shouldn't be too direct until Day 2, but like, steak is clearly gambiting here by actively claiming this at all

I just can't wait to find out to what end!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

It's nothing special about twilight, this is probably also a dumb conversation for Day 2. You guys are just really really bad at being cautious around role information. I honestly don't get it.

You do realize scum get to talk in private and town down? Town have to have all their conversations in thread? Here? Remember the game you just ran that town won because we..coordinated in thread? Openly? About roles?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

no it’s not complicated this is one big fuckin dodge to the right. Steak isn’t claiming that role, he’s claiming he’s trying to help that role. This isn’t role fishing. I don’t give a poo poo what steaks role is, only his alignment.

This is such flimsy bullshit to not actually be talking about anything while wanting to appear in the right
Yeah, you don't get it man. I'm not saying you're role fishing. I'm saying you are being incautious. I guess feel free to pursue whatever you want. I'm just trying to be Mafia Dad over here.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

You do realize scum get to talk in private and town down? Town have to have all their conversations in thread? Here? Remember the game you just ran that town won because we..coordinated in thread? Openly? About roles?
Yes, the game I made specifically to force town to do that. The entire game was built around the risk/reward of doing so. This is not that game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

Yes, the game I made specifically to force town to do that. The entire game was built around the risk/reward of doing so. This is not that game.

This can’t be a good faith argument. It just can’t.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

AT-LOW posted:

He did it himself with no... well, technically with minimal prompting
100%, it was kinda dumb and he has invited this, but I still hate it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

This can’t be a good faith argument. It just can’t.
Sandwolf I really don't want this thread to turn into an argument between you and me again, but I'm going to blow your mind here: WIFOA is a very different setup than the one I made about sentient boats in a postapocalytic Margaritaville and they should not be treated the same.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My bad I thought we were playing mafia there and are playing mafia here I forgot we are now playing Carcassonne and the game as well as strategy is all completely different.

But I too do not want to turn the thread into a slap fight so we can stick a fork in it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Grandi now do the same calculus about steak but now steak is scum.

I agree with your calculus if steak is town, but I don’t know that, and it still checks out in my mind if he’s scum. Moreso, even. Scum steak likes gambits and doing big loud things in the spotlight. Town steak forgets he’s playing half the time.

No, I am not discounting that steak could be scum. I feel like steak is more likely town based on this thing, but yeah, scum steak would do this thing loudly, and brashly, I'm not sure he would be so coy about the why after the fact though.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

dy. posted:

Sandwolf I really don't want this thread to turn into an argument between you and me again, but I'm going to blow your mind here: WIFOA is a very different setup than the one I made about sentient boats in a postapocalytic Margaritaville and they should not be treated the same.

This is a pseudo open setup, talking theoretically about roles can be a good thing. Talking about who has which role can be a bad thing because it can narrow down their info to be more precise. But we are largely doing the former not the latter.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Honestly this thing has already blown up to the point where this debate is largely irrelevant now so go ahead and talk about whatever. But as your Mafia Dad I am disappointed in all of you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If it’s any consolation I think you did a superb job of stymying conversation !

.random
May 7, 2007

If I’m not alive when Mr. Steak dies, can someone post “Steak ?! Steak !! STEAAAAAAK !” on my behalf?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wish this was Carcassonne

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Hal Insandenza posted:

I wish this was Carcassonne

Hahaha, I play the dreaded four city extension cathedral on your nearly complete city, making it worthless!

.random
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak gets longest road for the longest thread of contiguous, uninterrupted posts

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

.random posted:

Mr. Steak gets longest road for the longest thread of contiguous, uninterrupted posts

.random played all his meeples as farmers and no longer has any meeples to place.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Check your PMs.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Can you believe I have as many posts as someone who got to play all of day 1? Wild

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hum is scum imo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Check your PMs.

good god Hum, you need to shave those thighs man

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Hum is scum imo.
I think the Hum situation is pretty easy and we shouldn't let him distract from stuff. He's gone at the end of Day 2, and (I assume) we'll see a flip after that. I plan on basically ignoring him today and trying to not let him drive much since we don't yet know his motivations. We can retroactively judge his comments after the day is over and we get his flip.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. is probably not scum

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

dy. is probably not scum
heyyyy now you're talking some sense

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

dy. is probably not scum

Yeah I think both his argument with you and that hum comment are solid town play

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah I think both his argument with you and that hum comment are solid town play

Well the Hum comment doesn’t make a fuckin lick of sense to me, but so much so that I don’t think scum make that kind of argument lol.

Also I am trying a new theory where the first person I get into a slapfight with in a given game is actually presumed Town, not scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hal Insandenza posted:

Hum and scum rhyme you're telling me that isn't an airtight case?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

B-minus1, Town, Mystery Role B, has been killed.

It is now Day 2. Deadline to be set sometime Thursday evening.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

.random posted:

loving a+ post

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Oh my GOOOOOD

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (15): .random, AT-LOW, CCKeane, dy., Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, ilmucche, merk, Mr. Steak, ObamaAkbar., Philip J. Fry, SalTheBard, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, Toalpaz

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

.random
May 7, 2007

So SNG, what valuable information have we gleaned from lynching Solus?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
going on record as being right about binus

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

##vote Sandwolf

After the Solus flip in light of him being town, Sandwolf actions are scummy to me. They were on board with Solus being scum leaning, and was actively thinking Solus was an issue, but then when there started to actually be a push for him to get voted, he changed his views that suddenly oh no he must be town. Based on his thought process pattern and the timing of his tune change, I think he knew Solus would get voted and decided to fall back and let us vote for him, then shake his head at all of us who did vote.

His primary reason is apparently he feels that Solus’ return seemed genuine and townlike, but I disagree, it was a null action at best, there was literally no other way to turn the tide of the vote regardless of alignment, and saying “yep I’m convinced he must be town” reads to me as too easy a persuauion for normally cautious Town-Wolf.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

.random posted:

So SNG, what valuable information have we gleaned from lynching Solus?

holy poo poo random, he came prepared to answer this question apparently!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Steak posted:

going on record as being right about binus

Lol do you know this because you know everyone's alignment?