Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
how is every single dreamcast game so goddamn expensive! i thought i'd be able to get sonic adventure and hydro thunder right off the bat but they're 50 bucks each! jet grind radio is 75!! i get bangai-o costing a hundred but d2 and illbleed? what a shitload of gently caress!

i don't actually mind taking longer to build up a library because i don't spend much time on games anyway but boy howdy i had no idea that of all the dreamcast games i wanted to play exactly one of them (sega gt) would be under $50 on ebay :o:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just download and burn games OP

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
well yeah i'm obviously never going to play an official copy of border down or karous but that still doesn't stop me from craving the artisanal bits of a gd-rom

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you can come over and play my bangai o

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
everyones going nuts buying retro games with their stimulus checks so all the prices have skyrocketed in the past few months

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

all you need is the fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing and Sega Marine Fishing

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
get record of the loddos war diablo clone

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

check out frame gride too, its a fromsoft mech game

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I bought my copy of jet grind radio for $3 at toys r us

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Probably like 12 people have played D2 and Illbleed total so of course they're expensive

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[nervously] been thinking of modding my dreamcast..

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

how is every single dreamcast game so goddamn expensive! i thought i'd be able to get sonic adventure and hydro thunder right off the bat but they're 50 bucks each! jet grind radio is 75!! i get bangai-o costing a hundred but d2 and illbleed? what a shitload of gently caress!

i don't actually mind taking longer to build up a library because i don't spend much time on games anyway but boy howdy i had no idea that of all the dreamcast games i wanted to play exactly one of them (sega gt) would be under $50 on ebay :o:

Just pirtate them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

If you purchase "real" copies of retro games your basically putting money into the hands of yiutube conmen and pedophikes lik e mikeattei and the game chasers. Makes you think. About how much better returinal on the ps5 is thab this old poo poo

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Evil Eagle posted:

Probably like 12 people have played D2 and Illbleed total so of course they're expensive

*raises paw*

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

check out frame gride too, its a fromsoft mech game

and it sucks absolute rear end

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fartlancer posted:

get record of the loddos war diablo clone

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

If you purchase "real" copies of retro games your basically putting money into the hands of yiutube conmen and pedophikes lik e mikeattei and the game chasers. Makes you think. About how much better returinal on the ps5 is thab this old poo poo

FBI Agent: Target has once again entered the search term “hidden gems” on YouTube. Let’s roll

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

and it sucks absolute rear end

its not that bad, it's mostly pretty fine. pretty much a virtual on clone

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

its really bad lol, its somewhat interesting as a historical artifact but it has almost no depth and its not fun to play

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
OP Play this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdX4Z4GK_8k

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

i bought all my dreamcast games used from babbages like a real american

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

wow, i cant wait to play it now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Rez is thr onlt good dreamsvast gamr also cosmic smash. Game on!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I bought a Dreamcast a few years ago and all the local retro shops near me had like 3 copies of NFL 2K and nothing else, which was a shame.

I had some trouble getting some games to run but I had some luck putting the console upside down, which felt deeply perverse.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I bought a Dreamcast a few years ago and all the local retro shops near me had like 3 copies of NFL 2K and nothing else, which was a shame.

I had some trouble getting some games to run but I had some luck putting the console upside down, which felt deeply perverse.

because owning the best football series of all time is a "shame"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I actually bought one! But I was searching for Power Stone or whatev

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
if you have money to blow, the way to go is add the SD card slot to the dreamcast and play games through the system right off the card, skip the disc altogether

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

chu chu rocket is a great way to make 4 hours vanish.

SoulCalibur.

crazy taxi with the Correct soundtrack.

thank you SEGA.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

chu chu rocket is a great way to make 4 hours vanish.

SoulCalibur.

crazy taxi with the Correct soundtrack.

thank you SEGA.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i had a dreamcast that i would have wrestlers sign. it started in 2005 when kurt angle was doing an autograph signing near me and i just kinda kept up with it. eventually more wrestlers had signed it, diamond dallas page, glacier, molly holly, virgil signed it without me rly asking him to but i didnt want to be rude. i wanted hardcore holly to sign it but he said it was rly pathetic for a grown rear end man to lug his video games outdoors. the biggest name i had sign it was mick foley who drew a little socko under the disc tray. i had a chance to get it signed by chris benoit but chickened out while i was in line and saw how yoked he was irl. it wound up being stolen in 2009 but i occasionally browse ebay to see if it ever pops up again.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Hardcore Holly ftw

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Get Mr. Driller and phantasy star online!

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Also the Dreamcast version of sonic adventure is probably the best one

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

virgil signed it without me rly asking him to but i didnt want to be rude.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

i had a dreamcast that i would have wrestlers sign. it started in 2005 when kurt angle was doing an autograph signing near me and i just kinda kept up with it. eventually more wrestlers had signed it, diamond dallas page, glacier, molly holly, virgil signed it without me rly asking him to but i didnt want to be rude. i wanted hardcore holly to sign it but he said it was rly pathetic for a grown rear end man to lug his video games outdoors. the biggest name i had sign it was mick foley who drew a little socko under the disc tray. i had a chance to get it signed by chris benoit but chickened out while i was in line and saw how yoked he was irl. it wound up being stolen in 2009 but i occasionally browse ebay to see if it ever pops up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The cd drives in dreamcasts were terrible mine failed like 2 ueara after i boguht it. Maybe I should have had the console upside down????