Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rotor posted:

if you guys would just stop being so hyperbolic we wouldnt need all these dumb little punfests

puns are integral to the functioning of this forum though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cold on a Cob posted:

hey, remember integral? she seemed nice

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cold on a Cob posted:

to sum degree i suppose

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

Unfortunately only derivative humor is appreciated here.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
oh my god its just constant

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm approaching the limit of my patience here folks

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

rotor posted:

oh my god its just constant

actually, i think you'll find it's going exponential

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
starting to draw some parallels to the other pun derails here

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
look i’ve done the calculus on this and puns are a net forum good

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mediaphage posted:

look i’ve done the calculus on this and puns are a net forum good

this is an interesting angle on the issue

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

math: not even once

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

this digression really struck a chord with me

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Sweevo posted:

this digression really struck a chord with me

i’ve enjoyed the overall arc

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

haters are just being square

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

if you guys would just stop being so hyperbolic we wouldnt need all these dumb little punfests

i wish your post count was asymptotic!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
or something

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

President Beep posted:

i wish your post count was asymptotic!!

https://i.imgur.com/oWhre37.mp4

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i wish your posts were imaginary

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there appears to be a differential of opinion regarding these puns

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

qirex posted:

there appears to be a differential of opinion regarding these puns

naturally, rational people can disagree about the infinitesimal details, but it takes a real intersection of imaginary and irrational thought to see these as the transcendental masterpieces some people think

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

naturally, rational people can disagree about the infinitesimal details, but it takes a real intersection of imaginary and irrational thought to see these as the transcendental masterpieces some people think

elegant

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
did you hear about that idiot that thought "eyeballing" meant putting drugs into your eyeball

got ahold of some mdma and did that, then ate a bunch of sugary dessert. i guess the combo of rapid onset molly and diabetic shock gave him instant severe depression and he tried to off himself

that's right

e to the eye times pie equals a negative one

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

You're all fired. Everyone.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

did you hear about that idiot that thought "eyeballing" meant putting drugs into your eyeball

got ahold of some mdma and did that, then ate a bunch of sugary dessert. i guess the combo of rapid onset molly and diabetic shock gave him instant severe depression and he tried to off himself

that's right

the forum collectively sighs heavily and moves on

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

that's right

welp

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

:rackem:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

i wish your posts were imaginary

there we go. thank you.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

rotor posted:

Jonny 290 posted:

that's right

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

so sad. there are so many things that drive us apart but I hope we can find roots of unity

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

what the gently caress

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

math: not even once

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol yeah, I've been in the workplace 24 years. Currently on our third economic bedshitting in that time. What a great world we live in.

25 years, have lost everything twice, just turned 40 and dont have any assets lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

graph posted:

25 years, have lost everything twice, just turned 40 and dont have any assets lol

28 years, rich as gently caress. life is some dumb bullshit and i get paid way too much to do poo poo of no value to society

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Don't worry, you have 12 years to catch up

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

28 years, rich as gently caress. life is some dumb bullshit and i get paid way too much to do poo poo of no value to society

when they say “comparison is the thief of joy” it’s this guy that I am comparing myself to

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Gentle Autist posted:

hell yeah bro. im about to turn 40 but ive been working in tech for over 10 years, no kids, house is almost paid off, and im going to retire a millionaire.

https://youtu.be/jZuktUfF0nE

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Gentle Autist posted:

give me your money

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
35, dual income no kids, silly con valley. i was broke after grad school but that turned itself around right quick

e: no faang

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Listen, you have to list your HENRY offenses along with your income or we won't know how hard to guillotine you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my henry offences:

- two cars, a 2006 minivan and 2012 nissan leaf
- 40 year old 5 bedroom house in suburbs
- mid range video card. ryzen 3100

my big thing is aiming to get my mortgage paid off in the next 2-4 years which is on track. and we are lucky my wife doesn’t need to work atm while the kids are young

the big thing tho is just how lucky we feel having a comfortable house, a bunch of our peers are having to move to satellite towns to afford anything