Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I just bought a bidet attachment. I'd been considering one for a while but our toilet seemed to be hard-plumbed into the water mains with no way for it to be attached without cutting pipes.

Turns out the toilet plumbing does have a removable connector to the mains but it was sneakily concealed inside the cistern. It's arriving tomorrow and I expect it to be the most life-changing event since I got the vaccine last month. My partner isn't convinced, but she's never used one before.

mine is great. way more powerful than i was expecting too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
is it a thing you would need to explain to guests?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

big fan of the dogs. let's keep the topic on them

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i agree

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I simply trained my body to always poop at 6am right before I shower

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

hemale in pain posted:

i had normal pizza last night and if there was any doubt my guts dont like gluten that's been dispelled because it feels like im about to explode from the inside out.

If you go for the test (which you should) you need to be having a bit of gluten every day for 3 months beforehand.
My wife has been having issues with gluten for the past 4 or so years but it looks like it might be starting to finally flip back. I think I'm as hyped as she is.

If you do find yourself on a gluten free diet I can't recommend this site for recipes enough

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm on antibiotics since my surgery and taking ibuprofen on and off and have preexisting IBD, my guts loving hate me right now.

But at least I don't have coeliac disease. Already had to give up porridge for breakfast, you'll pry toast from my cold dead hands.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Having a rubbish day today. In true British fashion, please roundly mock me until I feel better.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol course you are mate

Get on your loving Instagram or whatever

TikTok actually grandad

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

LizzieBorden posted:

Having a rubbish day today. In true British fashion, please roundly mock me until I feel better.

Sorry I only come to this thread for poo poo posts and posts about poo poo, sorry you are having a poo poo day

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

CancerCakes posted:

Sorry I only come to this thread for poo poo posts and posts about poo poo, sorry you are having a poo poo day

Posted while taking a poo poo obv

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

LizzieBorden posted:

Chin up grandma

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

My guts are always a mess whenever I have to do a long journey I take immodium just to save hassle

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

LizzieBorden posted:

my rubbish day is tuesday, I put the bags out on monday evening

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/wuooods/status/1392133611579715585

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
How is it only loving Wednesday (my dudes). Works mental with everything opening up next week

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Have we all had a nice cup of tea yet?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I'm having a nice glass of scrumpy if that counts

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I'm sitting in the truck doing nowt.
Raining pretty hard, probably won't be doing much work for the rest of the day. Although if I get the digger stuck it could be pretty funny.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

The_Doctor posted:

Have we all had a nice cup of tea yet?

I knew I forgot something this morning. Gotta rectify this

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
My tea algorithm is quite sophisticated these days, run through the following in order

Is it the 1st cuppa of the morning? Milky Chai
Have I just done something strenuous or stressful that involved going outside? Yorkshire Tea
Second cuppa (and it's still morning)? Ceylon
Lunchtime and I'm looking for an excuse to procrastinate? Yorkshire
Around 4pm and I'm looking for an excuse to eat biscuits? Earl Grey
Feel like pampering myself? Rose Congou
Digestion playing up? Peppermint or Jasmine
Feeling a bit rough? Green
Feeling a bit rough and it's too late at night to justify drinking caffeine? Lemon and ginger
gently caress this stupid system I just want a cuppa? Yorkshire

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Right rat is very fat,
Very fat is he.
If he was a svelter, Ratty rat,
He, too, could have Vitty.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Maugrim posted:

My tea algorithm is quite sophisticated these days, run through the following in order

Is it the 1st cuppa of the morning? Milky Chai
Have I just done something strenuous or stressful that involved going outside? Yorkshire Tea
Second cuppa (and it's still morning)? Ceylon
Lunchtime and I'm looking for an excuse to procrastinate? Yorkshire
Around 4pm and I'm looking for an excuse to eat biscuits? Earl Grey
Feel like pampering myself? Rose Congou
Digestion playing up? Peppermint or Jasmine
Feeling a bit rough? Green
Feeling a bit rough and it's too late at night to justify drinking caffeine? Lemon and ginger
gently caress this stupid system I just want a cuppa? Yorkshire

that's some amount of planning. I just find the first teabag available and add water.
Not knowing what kind of tea I'm having adds to the excitement of my day these days. Can't wait to get back to the office and have someone in the coffee shop make me a proper latte :toot:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm drinking a Yunnan Tuocha Pu-erh tea.

It's ok, perhaps not as good as I was hoping. Milder flavour than I expected.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Yorkshire tea for me and lots of coffeeee

E: not at the same time. I also like green tea

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It helps me feel the appropriate level of smugly upper-middle class.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I love tea (M&S gold blend for choice), but I’ve really pivoted onto coffee over the last few years. Azera instant is honestly amazing, or I’ll make a whole pot of filter if I’m not going anywhere that day.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Going to a webcast funeral in a bit.

E - feels insufficiently reverential. Like I should put on a tie.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Make sure filters are off.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I have never understood tea drinking, at all. Just feels like a weird cultural obsession that gained runaway intertia and I will never believe people actually like tea, it's just a habit like smoking.

One coffee a day for me, two if I'm bored.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Mods?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I find that more than two pints of coffee is bad for me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

goatface posted:

I find that more than two pints of coffee is bad for me.

That's a lot of coffee

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Aidan_702 posted:

I have never understood tea drinking, at all. Just feels like a weird cultural obsession that gained runaway intertia and I will never believe people actually like tea, it's just a habit like smoking.

One coffee a day for me, two if I'm bored.

Tea is good.

You cant really dislike it! It's a warm drink with like a bajilllion varieties

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I drink most things from pint mugs. 4-8 pints of tea is easily doable, especially green tea with the leaves left in so I can just top up with more hot water.

My dad used to drink about 10 cups of machine coffee a day at work. People would being him back two if they were doing a run. Then his doctor told him to stop or it would kill him.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Jose posted:

My guts are always a mess whenever I have to do a long journey I take immodium just to save hassle

You should try immodium, but for your posting, op

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

My dad has drank far too much coffee all his life (though probably not ^ that much :stare:), and whenever he's been told he needs to drink less, he's just quit. Cold turkey. Become completely insufferable for 2 weeks. Then started right where he left off!

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I quit coffee this year. Its been a long time coming. Probably as hard as giving up smoking but physically more painful.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

I've just switched from instant coffee in my work flask to French press but I'm still learning how to make it in a way that doesn't taste like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I should probably cut back on coffee. It’s basically my displacement activity when I don’t know what else to do.