Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i was an n64 household and i loved rpgs so i bought this sack of poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I rented Bubsy multiple times as a kid OP.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this game was about Skittles.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

lmfao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Donkey Konga. With 2 sets of bongos

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

aero on the snes is a decent platformer. like, not great but if i played it as a kid it certainly would have got a hell of a lot more play time than whizz

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

lmfao

quote:

Licensing
The magic system is based on the use of Skittles candy. Skye performs different magic spells by using various combinations of colored Skittles. She can perform non-combat spells like seeing invisible items, firewalking, floating, temporarily nullifying petrification spells, shrinking, reviving dead creatures, creating a protective field, increasing the firepower of the attacks spells, and turning ordinary people into mages (though she will only get to perform that spell on her mother). Attack spells range from light beams, fireballs, iceballs, lightning, confusion, and a spell that specifically destroys undead creatures (the only means to permanently kill a vampire). Skittles have limited, though slowly regenerating, quantities of Mana. When their mana is depleted, no spells can be performed with them and they have a dulled color. They regenerate mana over time, but mana can be replenished quickly by picking up blue power-ups. Available spells depend on the quantity of Skittles Skye collects throughout the game.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

donkey kong, ghosts 'n' goblins, tmnt

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

my dad once brought my sister and i to toys r us and and let us pool our money together to buy one new GBA game. we eventually narrowed it down to either Pokemon Emerald, or another game

we went with the other game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

my dad once brought my sister and i to toys r us and and let us pool our money together to buy one new GBA game. we eventually narrowed it down to either Pokemon Emerald, or another game

we went with the other game

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The first Rugrats game on ps1 instead of Syphon Filter 1

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
donkey kong 64 fully got my rear end. and i wanted that red ram cart thing so it wasnt like i could return it. piece of poo poo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i was at toys r us with thirty bucks and narrowed it down to these two

guess which one i got

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

i could have gotten goof troop instead...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

donkey kong 64 fully got my rear end. and i wanted that red ram cart thing so it wasnt like i could return it. piece of poo poo

i did that too but i talked my mom into buying me majora's mask at the same time bcause donkey kong cost the same as the cart on its own and i convinced her the game i actually wanted was majora's

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

GameCube posted:

guess which one i got

both winners

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
whipping my whip shittily at my dads wallet

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only game I was allowed to own was Sonic two, which pissed me off because I asked for Sonic and Knuckles.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fungah! posted:

i did that too but i talked my mom into buying me majora's mask at the same time bcause donkey kong cost the same as the cart on its own and i convinced her the game i actually wanted was majora's

Holy poo poo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
truly, deeply grateful to the video game magazine reviews in the grocery store for saving my chore money repeatedly, but it took me a while to realize Nintendo Power was pure bullshit. this was one of the casualties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

GameCube posted:

guess which one i got

I was about to buy Harvest Moon 64 at a toys r us but my dad kept implying it seemed like "a girl's game" so I got this instead

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

truly, deeply grateful to the video game magazine reviews in the grocery store for saving my chore money repeatedly, but it took me a while to realize Nintendo Power was pure bullshit. this was one of the casualties

This game was pretty sick, it was like James Bond Zelda with puzzles and NPCs to talk to and a full blackjack mini-game that really frustrated me as a kid. Really much better than you'd expect

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

rented this like twice. Mario Party but I think with no minigames???

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

running up to a vampire lord and screaming "taste the rainbow, bitch!" as i cram a mouthful of wild berry pink straight onto his fangs

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/-mGQLv3JV1A

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

rented this like twice. Mario Party but I think with no minigames???
Isn't Mario Party with no minigames basically Candyland?

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
When I was a teen I bought a PC Engine GT (I think used) - mainly because it meant portable Street Fighter II (no other portable platform had it at the time).

I spent god knows how much of what I guess must have been birthday money on this and got a massive slab which only just qualified as portable, with a miniscule screen relative to its size, a stuck pixel and a battery life of about 8 seconds. Its version of Street Fighter II was complete arse.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I rented Bubsy multiple times as a kid OP.

this. and bubsy 2, which was way worse

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When I was 6 I traded my cousin his copy of Super Mario All Stars for my copy of Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World because I liked the box art of the former better.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

What

Does THQ stand for "toy headquarters??"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Came to post this game. Only I actively saved money to buy it. It was one of the two games that was on the shelf at the Sears Outlet near my house. I'm pretty sure the other game they had for sale was Body Harvest, which I also bought, so I partly redeemed myself.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 12, 2021

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NienNunb posted:

When I was 6 I traded my cousin his copy of Super Mario All Stars for my copy of Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World because I liked the box art of the former better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol