Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

cant cook creole bream posted:

Are we talking about the same person here?

It's for a movie role. I guess he lost weight and the hair throws it off a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's like that time Jonah Hill got swole.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

zoux posted:

I think that's his actual beard. Though I imagine a certain segment of the Supernatural fanbase would disagree.

lol

Based on the timing of this photo I guess Soldier Boy is only gonna be in the back half of the season.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Unkempt posted:

Oh, like The Inhumans!
Yeah sure why not

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The AVClub tweeted and then deleted this, as well as the link destination on their site.

Not sure what it really means but :thunk:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rhyno posted:

Ellen ran out of staffers to abuse.

That can be the challenge.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Mu Zeta posted:

It's for a movie role. I guess he lost weight and the hair throws it off a bit.

It’s for that Tommy and Pam movie right?

muscles like this! posted:

For me I was annoyed by how the Starbuck stuff turns out. It felt really under done.

Same. It is only thing that really bothers me.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 12, 2021

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Unkempt posted:

Oh, like The Inhumans!

There’s no need to choose violence.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

MiddleOne posted:

Jupiter's Legacy goes nowhere. Ends on possibly one the lamest cliffhangers in years. Don't watch.

Disagree. It's a prime hate watch. At the end of the first episode, write down the laziest twist you can imagine to feel smart later.

There is a clever bit of writing in the first episode designed to make both Libs and Chuds feel like the Utopian is on their side which made me want to throw poo poo at the screen.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The AVClub tweeted and then deleted this, as well as the link destination on their site.

https://twitter.com/jamesurbaniak/status/1392528092510384131?s=21

They’re finally going to finish Metalocalypse which I didn’t see coming

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

muscles like this! posted:

For me I was annoyed by how the Starbuck stuff turns out. It felt really under done.

Starbuck's last scene was way too goofy, but the lack of explanation about her nature never really bothered me and I don't think any further elaboration would've improved that arc.

Considering how many overexplanations for series wide questions or retcons were just thrown into those last 5 to 6 episodes, it was nice that they showed some restraint on Starbuck. I'm probably alone in thinking this though.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/jamesurbaniak/status/1392528092510384131?s=21

They’re finally going to finish Metalocalypse which I didn’t see coming

Now let's revive Home Movies!!!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have tried, and tried, and tried, but for the life of me I have never been able to "get" Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The humor just doesn't connect with me on any level. (I'm equally cold on Tim & Eric, I just don't get that awkward style of humor. I'm broken. :()

Simone Magus posted:

Now let's revive Home Movies!!!

This, however, I can get behind.

One of the hardest times I've ever laughed in my life was during an episode in the final season, it was my sophomore year of college:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49AcTLAe4kk

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I was in 8th grade when ATHF first aired and I think that’s the perfect age for getting into the show. I was also a Space Ghost kid, so I’d already been exposed to weirdo absurdist humor for years.

I haven’t paid any attention to Adult Swim for years now, but those early years were so drat good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I never got ATHF or Squidbillies or even Metalocaplpse and I hate Tim and Eric (though I like Tim Heidecker himself), if we're laying down markers. VB is very good though. Is there a term for that style of 2010 AS cartoon comedy? I don't mean "anti-comedy" like Neil Hamburger.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love Tim and Eric and dislike all the rest. Especially fuckin Squidbillies.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Escobarbarian posted:

:same:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Timby posted:

I have tried, and tried, and tried, but for the life of me I have never been able to "get" Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The humor just doesn't connect with me on any level. (I'm equally cold on Tim & Eric, I just don't get that awkward style of humor. I'm broken. :()

My opinion is you had to be in the right stage of your life at the right age for ATHF. Me? I was a stoned/drunk college student, which is their prime demographic.

I love ATHF, but I'm not sure that I could go back and rewatch it and enjoy it to the same level

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Buncha nerds in this thread

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

All three in the announcement are great, but Tim and Eric is like anti-comedy to me. The same with Eric Andre. To be clear, I'm glad that they exist to push the weird envelope and I don't begrudge people liking them, it's just not for me at all.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I liked Frisky Dingo and on rewatch you see all the threads that eventually become Archer.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Eric Andre is recent enough I wasn't considering it but its probably my favorite adult swim show period

MAYBE Joe Pera beats it

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Joe Pera is so earnest and wholesome that I still can’t believe it’s an AS show.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

As someone raised in the rural south, Squidbillies borders on documentary. The last season was uneven, but gently caress Unknown Hinson for likely killing the show. Their and early-season ATHF absurdism are worth background noise late at night. Tim and Eric never did much for me, but for some reason, I enjoyed Beef House. I want to like Eric Andre more, but almost all the candid camera stuff is uncomfortable to me instead of silly.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t know why the line “what is this, some kind of beef house?” makes me laugh so much, but here we are.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I watch three shows on Adult Swim regularly (Robot Chicken, Ballmastrz 9009, and the Jellies!), and if this makes me a man-child SO BE IT.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

I never got ATHF or Squidbillies or even Metalocaplpse and I hate Tim and Eric (though I like Tim Heidecker himself), if we're laying down markers. VB is very good though. Is there a term for that style of 2010 AS cartoon comedy? I don't mean "anti-comedy" like Neil Hamburger.

I don't understand why Metalocalypse is lumped in with those aside from being in the same network, but I'll call the others non-sequitur comedy, I've also heard the term "monkey cheese" used, but I don't like it.

ATHF and, especially, Sealab 2021 definitely had their moments. I don't know that they'd hold up though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don’t know why the line “what is this, some kind of beef house?” makes me laugh so much, but here we are.

I really want more Beef House. I think they’ve written it but don’t know when they’re shooting yet.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I love ATHF so much. I've seen them all a million times but every time I notice something new. Can probably blame that on various stages of :2bong: but what other way is there to watch ATHF

Agreeing that Squidbillies is true to rural southern life

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My uncle fuckin' loves Squidbillies and I don't know why because his family is pretty much the Cuylers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Apparently CW is rebooting Legends of the Hidden Temple as a game show for adults. That seems like a weird direction to take it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

It'll be fun to see everyone talk poo poo about how children weren't good at the temple puzzles then completely bone it up when they try.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd loving nail that monkey puzzle first try.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Can't wait to see a 35 year old accountant struggle for four minutes to put together the three pieces of the monkey statue that very clearly can only stack one way.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CPFortest posted:

Starbuck's last scene was way too goofy, but the lack of explanation about her nature never really bothered me and I don't think any further elaboration would've improved that arc.

Considering how many overexplanations for series wide questions or retcons were just thrown into those last 5 to 6 episodes, it was nice that they showed some restraint on Starbuck. I'm probably alone in thinking this though.

The lack of explanation wasn’t the problem, it was the symptom. The problem was they had no idea what they were doing with that whole plat arc. The lack of explanation didn’t feel... earned? It just kind of felt like the had writer’s block and went “welp”.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nichael posted:

Will there be a wrap up movie for Ellen's talk show, like what ATHF, Metalocalypse, and the Venture Brothers are getting???

god i hope not. the sooner she can get out of tv and cuddle up with all her favorite war criminals the better, as far as i'm concerned.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"lmao the billionaire pedo thinks pizza rolls cost $100 isn't that just absolutely adorbs?!"

may she rot in hell.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that with the hidden temple revival, we are one step closer to the goal of seeing a temple guard getting kicked in the dick.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

isaboo posted:

I love ATHF so much. I've seen them all a million times but every time I notice something new. Can probably blame that on various stages of :2bong: but what other way is there to watch ATHF

Cause you're a... dirty white boy!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Rhyno posted:

Buncha nerds in this thread