Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Lol I take two 1.2l flasks of coffee with me to work everyday plus my travel mug filled with coffee.
I drink a pint cup in the morning before work and two or three mugs when I get home.

I think I have a problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

cafetiere coffee is great but :effort:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

been jabbed

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

kecske posted:

cafetiere coffee is great but :effort:

Plus half the grounds still sit in the bottom of the cup. I use an American style coffee maker with the big pot underneath. It provides maximum coffee for hours. Although I have to turn the heating plate on again every 40 minutes because that’s an EU safety thing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Hell yeh! Turn your 5G frequency to 457896544 for revolution chat.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

im trying to see if my nanobots can play doom

no luck so far but the latest patch is nearlyyyYYY RIP AND TEAR

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Get a nude wad up you.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Salisbury Snape posted:

Lol I take two 1.2l flasks of coffee with me to work everyday plus my travel mug filled with coffee.
I drink a pint cup in the morning before work and two or three mugs when I get home.

I think I have a problem

drat, I literally can't drink more than one cup in a day or my brain and guts start spinning.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
At this point they should have just cut out the middleman and sold SA directly to Bill Gates with all these sheeple around here!!

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I just bought a bidet attachment.

It’ll be cold AF.

Unless you have hot water plumbed / electricity there’s no luxury to these things.

Salisbury Snape posted:

You must be drinking some weak rear end coffee.
Do you add milk?
How many grams of coffee are you using per day?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

At this point they should have just cut out the middleman and sold SA directly to Bill Gates with all these sheeple around here!!
ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇᴀɴ

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I used to know a guy at university who took proplus like they were sweets. Absolute junkie, but not for anything interesting.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
got cocky with my matched bet winnings and lost most of it on roulette lol

time to close all my accounts so I don't spunk any more of it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
the cleaning lady where i used to work drank mellow birds instant coffee and she made me one one time when i didn't have any coffee and i drank it to be polite but it tasted like rusty water

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i liked being on breaks with her, she would read out things from her take a breaks and that and you knew it was going to be something good if she went "gaaaasp" first

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I loved reading my nan’s Take a Break. Each article was like a whole soap plot line, but condensed into about 3 paragraphs.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

wooger posted:

You must be drinking some weak rear end coffee.
Do you add milk?
How many grams of coffee are you using per day?

Eh I go through a 200g jar of instant a week

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

The_Doctor posted:

I loved reading my nan’s Take a Break. Each article was like a whole soap plot line, but condensed into about 3 paragraphs.

my favourites were the paranormal ones and the medical horror stories one of which i distinctly remember on the front cover "MY BLADDER FELL OUT ON THE BUS" :spooky:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i have several ideas most weeks that i could probably enter into the tips competition, but i value my dignity at a bit more than 20 quid tbh

one i remember best was a lady who wrote in with her innovation of freezing tubes of toothpaste and cutting them up and giving the slices of frozen toothpaste to her guests as after dinner mints :monocle:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

that's a terrible idea. toothpaste is way more expensive per gram than actual mints!!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
to come up with them i reckon you just need to think like mr bean

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

all a bit Letterbocks imo

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hello

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I can't find my keys

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Mr Jose, I gone and done goofed and lost my gangtag when I updated my AV.

Any chance you could help a man out?

In non me messing up on the forums news, the wife just had her first jab. I can feel normality geting closer.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

what was his name

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I've just made the amazing discovery that if you put bundles of fresh herbs in water, instead of just leaving them in the cupboard to wilt, they last much, much longer!

I wish I'd thought of that like, 20 years ago.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i believe that's called soup

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Here's a test for the thread: some sort of episodic kid's tv programme from the 1980's. One episode was about this girl that had a magic video controller and whenever she got bored she'd just fast-forward through to something more interesting. Boring class: fast forward; teacher telling her off: fast forward etc etc. Anyway, she ended up fast forwarding through so much of her life that she ended up an old woman and died as she desperately tried to find the rewind button. (There was a moral in there about not wishing your life away or some poo poo.)

It quite freaked me out as a kid, does anyone know what it was? I bet it's on Youtube, if I knew the right search term.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Click with adam sandler in it is exactly that storyline

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

my childhood memories have been mostly destroyed by adult alcohol abuse, but an episode of dramarama maybe?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

The_Doctor posted:

My nan learned to read in her 50s because grandad got sick of reading the articles in Women’s own to her, at the time I didn’t really understand that me reading her “stories” to her wasn’t to keep me from getting bored, but because she had a second copy hidden by her knitting and that’s how she was learning.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Pistol_Pete posted:

Here's a test for the thread: some sort of episodic kid's tv programme from the 1980's. One episode was about this girl that had a magic video controller and whenever she got bored she'd just fast-forward through to something more interesting.

Sounds a bit like the outer limits? But that wasn't a kids show I don't think and maybe was later than the eighties?

I know what movie my ex girlfriend and her children are watching with her new boyfriend because I've paid for it!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Looke posted:

what was his name
ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀғᴜʟ ᴊᴏᴋᴇ, ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋᴇ. ʀᴇʟʏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪsɪɴᴛᴇʀᴘʀᴇᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴄᴇɴᴛ ᴠᴀᴄᴄɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀs ᴀ sᴇxᴜᴀʟ ᴇɴᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ! ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ ɴᴇxᴛ

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
doesnt have to be one or the other. Could have been both vaccinated and bummed

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

That was not on offer at my place

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

Here's a test for the thread: some sort of episodic kid's tv programme from the 1980's. One episode was about this girl that had a magic video controller and whenever she got bored she'd just fast-forward through to something more interesting. Boring class: fast forward; teacher telling her off: fast forward etc etc. Anyway, she ended up fast forwarding through so much of her life that she ended up an old woman and died as she desperately tried to find the rewind button. (There was a moral in there about not wishing your life away or some poo poo.)

It quite freaked me out as a kid, does anyone know what it was? I bet it's on Youtube, if I knew the right search term.

round the twist

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Weeing up the wall and cheating racing up and down the lighthouse with your clones. Don't remember a fast forward one though could be.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

there was a fastforward one where they had a spaghetti eating contest and the bully used the magic remote to help his mate win but then when he stopped fast forwarding the guy was sick everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Argh, I can't find it: I can't Google with sufficient precision from my vague memories. I'd hoped to return here in triumph, with a Youtube link.