Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

net work error posted:

おめでとう

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

all i can say is kelly piquet has a type and its weird looking guys who work for fizzy drinks companies
Clearly true as she was never seen with Handsome Dan

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

https://twitter.com/noblef1/status/1392206594528661504?s=21

Wow, sounds like they've finally got the evidence to prove Ferrari cheated in 2007 and got their $100 mil back and the WCC, and Lewis gets his 8th WDC

norbert haug, mika and erja are back

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Zak Brown announcing if Lando wins he will buy him an original Daytona USA arcade rig
:eyepop:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/ABC7Chicago/status/1389681249720193024?s=19

get in there nikita

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

The only way I want Meatspin to be a "Chief Growing Officer" is if his body is used to nourish a growing tree planted above his body

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

The only way I want Meatspin to be a "Chief Growing Officer" is if his body is used to nourish a growing tree planted above his body

he will die at the ripe old age of 73 after the live embalming process that is being an old russian man. While he may be buried in fertile soil his body will quickly render it sterile.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

what the gently caress has that guy stolen my avatar?

I thought the same!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Somehow this is Heikki Kovalainen.

Just looked up the original picture I used and ha, it actually is Heikki.... not Bottas... I don't know how I messed that up :xd:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Custard Undies posted:

Just looked up the original picture I used and ha, it actually is Heikki.... not Bottas... I don't know how I messed that up :xd:

Especially given it clearly says Heikki on his shoulder. You really shouldn't have said anything because I assumed that was the joke.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

net work error posted:

お誕生日おめでとう

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

NtotheTC posted:

https://twitter.com/noblef1/status/1392206594528661504?s=21

Wow, sounds like they've finally got the evidence to prove Ferrari cheated in 2007 and got their $100 mil back and the WCC, and Lewis gets his 8th WDC

Ron Dennis taking off his Zak Brown fatsuit to publicly reclaim what is rightfully his

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Seen the news of RBR cheating the test to reduce drag in the straights?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57086036

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's funny to me that the only thing the rules on movable aero have consistently failed to stop is movable aero

Carrier
May 12, 2009

ban redbull and in particular max verstappen from the sport permanently

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Redbull cheating barely counts as news

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
And the merc was still faster on straights lol Red Bull is probably a mid field team with mid field drivers if they weren’t cheating

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boop the snoot posted:

And the merc was still faster on straights lol Red Bull is probably a mid field team with mid field drivers if they weren’t cheating

max would not be in the middle of the field if there's a wall on the edge of the field

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Horner has the personality and face of a cheat.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
For 2019 Mercedes managed to persuade the FIA to make tyres with less rubber in the tread, which were originally designed for high-wear circuits such as Silverstone, because less rubber = less heat, which meant that the Mercedes problem of overheating and blistering the rear tyres went away. Meanwhile, Ferrari and Red Bull were developing their cars to manage the original Pirellis with thicker treads, to keep the tread and carcass temperatures down.

So Mercedes got the tyres that they wanted, and everybody else had to redevelop their cars to manage the revised tyres.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:gary:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'd link the actual tweet but Ferrari unsportingly deleted it after a few people went "uhh..."

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

track day bro! posted:

For 2019 Mercedes managed to persuade the FIA to make tyres with less rubber in the tread, which were originally designed for high-wear circuits such as Silverstone, because less rubber = less heat, which meant that the Mercedes problem of overheating and blistering the rear tyres went away. Meanwhile, Ferrari and Red Bull were developing their cars to manage the original Pirellis with thicker treads, to keep the tread and carcass temperatures down.

So Mercedes got the tyres that they wanted, and everybody else had to redevelop their cars to manage the revised tyres.

Rule changes have never benefited Ferrari or Red Bull

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

I'd link the actual tweet but Ferrari unsportingly deleted it after a few people went "uhh..."

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

NtotheTC posted:

lol

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

NtotheTC posted:

Wow, Ferrari needs to get cancelled out of F1

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

poty posted:

Wow, Ferrari needs to get cancelled out of F1

Replace bottas with charl

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

NtotheTC posted:

enzo was a collaborator

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

downfall meme but it's binotto

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Mercedes must be poo poo scared of Max if their visible to the naked eye straight line speed advantage isn't enough.
"waaaa he's almost keeping up with the DRS open!"
Maybe poois should focus on not losing out badly on anything that isn't a DRS pass he completes before the braking zone even starts.

This sport sometimes.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

Mercedes must be poo poo scared of Max if their visible to the naked eye straight line speed advantage isn't enough.
Maybe poois should focus on not losing out badly on anything that isn't a DRS pass he completes before the braking zone even starts.

This sport sometimes.

this suggests max was afraid of lance stroll

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
uh you mean WDC 2025 Lance "Alot" Stroll?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

this suggests max was afraid of lance stroll
Multiple teams and fans were 'afraid' of the spectre of 4 mercedes cars on the grid.
Turns out their carbon paper slipped half way through though.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

Multiple teams and fans were 'afraid' of the spectre of 4 mercedes cars on the grid.
Turns out their carbon paper slipped half way through though.

luckily they don't have to worry about three of the four redbull cars on the grid

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

This sport sometimes.

Why would they be scared of Max because of Red Bull's rule fuckery? That's as dumb as saying they were afraid of Vettel because Ferrari were burning oil lmao

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Khablam posted:

This sport sometimes.

I think it would be one thing if Verstappen beat Lewis fair and square, I would be disappointed but would get over it eventually, I guess.

Losing points to this Red Bull, probably the most illegal car of all time, and to Verstappen's reckless Nascar-style "Widowmaker" overtaking is the opposite of that!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

Why would they be scared of Max because of Red Bull's rule fuckery? That's as dumb as saying they were afraid of Vettel because Ferrari were burning oil lmao

You're talking to someone that can't comprehend that the fastest car in a straight line might not be the fastest car over a lap distance and everything that that entails. It's honestly shocking we don't see more Haas and Williams Grand Prix wins considering how often they top the speed trap sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lewis is trying to preserve the bottom of the barrel integrity of F1 and Max is trying to turn F1 into an organization as corrupt as FIFA.

Thank you Lewis.