Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Really?

Did we need that poo poo in anime, too?

it was a very good exploration of the issue that led to me feeling bad for a character that was introduced that week, and it had a good resolution. personally i think its good when anime explores real world issues that affect modern people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

that's kind of neat but why did you source it from a weird anime news aggregator that has the worst machine translation known to man and feels like it is entirely run by an ai incapable of human speech

https://animesweet.com/anime/dragon-ball-super-2022-could-the-movie-have-to-do-with-artificial-intelligence/
dont worry anime news network will repost this news unedited

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Space Flower posted:

perhaps an iffy TL of their tweets, though even before that I don't know what that person is trying to say in their own words. the author guy is saying that "I want to pick up a high school girl [like in higehiro]" is like "ahh, I want to commit a murder too~" in response to a story with killing in it

I'm pretty sure "I'll kill this guy!" isn't a mistranslation but is someone acting out the anime trope of a character being envious of another character and then being fake-angry at them for their "good fortune"; the author is basically saying, "Hey don't envy this fictional character's situation".

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
a fair guess but no

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm pretty sure "I'll kill this guy!" isn't a mistranslation but is someone acting out the anime trope of a character being envious of another character and then being fake-angry at them for their "good fortune"; the author is basically saying, "Hey don't envy this fictional character's situation".

Years after it first aired in the 1990s, Neon Genesis Evangelion is still a hit. Hideaki Anno's cryptic work has gained a niche audience that has continued to grow over time, making it a very researched product that many hypotheses focus on to this day.

Completed with the film Daeth & Rebirth, The Neon Genesis Evangelion was then renewed into the new millennium with the Rebuild of Evangelion project, again under the direction of Hideaki Anno. The tetralogy ended with some worries with Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0, which was shown in Japan just a few months ago. Too many characters from the original series were filmed here. Indeed, there is no shortage of historical protagonists like Shinji, Asuka and Rei, the three Eva pilots and Misato Katsuragi.

Misato Katsuragi, a NERV soldier, greeted Shinji Ikari in their home and tried to take care of him despite the boy's fragile psyche. Tournament through his thoughts, duties and feelings, Misato was a key figure in the Neon Genesis Evangelion, for both the original series and the rebuild films.

For that she deserves the honors of the fans, and one of them is this Cosplay about Misato Katsuragi made by Nyuki. The Spanish cosplayer introduces us to a charming woman who you can see in the picture below.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

Years after it first aired in the 1990s, Neon Genesis Evangelion is still a hit. Hideaki Anno's cryptic work has gained a niche audience that has continued to grow over time, making it a very researched product that many hypotheses focus on to this day.

Completed with the film Daeth & Rebirth, The Neon Genesis Evangelion was then renewed into the new millennium with the Rebuild of Evangelion project, again under the direction of Hideaki Anno. The tetralogy ended with some worries with Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0, which was shown in Japan just a few months ago. Too many characters from the original series were filmed here. Indeed, there is no shortage of historical protagonists like Shinji, Asuka and Rei, the three Eva pilots and Misato Katsuragi.

Misato Katsuragi, a NERV soldier, greeted Shinji Ikari in their home and tried to take care of him despite the boy's fragile psyche. Tournament through his thoughts, duties and feelings, Misato was a key figure in the Neon Genesis Evangelion, for both the original series and the rebuild films.

For that she deserves the honors of the fans, and one of them is this Cosplay about Misato Katsuragi made by Nyuki. The Spanish cosplayer introduces us to a charming woman who you can see in the picture below.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

The Colonel posted:

Is this a copypasta Idgi.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's a different article from the same site

that's why, that translation is not remotely legible or reliable. it's questionable if it was even written by a human being

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Source appears to be this Spanish site so the Japanese is probably through two levels of machine translation and the Spanish through one.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
“I want to start an anime news site! I also don’t want to put a lot of effort into it”

*minutes later*

“Animesweet.com, perfect.”

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and yet id still take this source over ann

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

:rolleyes:

We get it, you hate ANN.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

animesweet, a bitter experience

marumaru
May 20, 2013

next time i'll post the untranslated tweets
hope you haven't been neglecting your anki

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are most spanish anime fanbases still cringey as guano?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's nothing as 'cringe' as the anglo anime fanbase mi hermano

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Never seen Spanish speakers naruto running.

Though maybe that's for lack of Spanish memes.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

blue reflection just had an entire episode about twitter arguments/callout posts with no actual fight scene. it ruled.

hype

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
No discourse is inherently bad, but is made bad by people with a compulsive need to snipe at others.

Back to the topic, my opinions on Mars Red and Jouran Princess of Snow and Blood keep flipping back and forth, when one is good the other is bad, and vice versa. Jouran wants to constantly shock the audience with twists, characters are double agents, or triple agents, but after a while these flips start boring us out of how arbitrary they become.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Phobophilia posted:

No discourse is inherently bad

:wrong:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

Sorry for sounding ignorant, but what happened with ann?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Willo567 posted:

Sorry for sounding ignorant, but what happened with ann?

Endorph has some sort of grudge against them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its just a joke about them reposting jp tabloids that they ran through google translate, something that observably happened, guy who accused me of being a nazi last time i made a joke at a website's expense

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

their issues seem to be common of enthusiast press, like you also see this stuff in games journalism. writers being stupid or lovely on twitter or in the content of their reviews/comment section interactions, questionable paid promotional content (yes, they took money to promote a film produced by the Happy Science cult, lol), and lots of filler/fluff articles with a good portion just being uncritically sourced from gossip sites.

iirc there were some issues with freelancers being paid timely/without having to raise a stink a couple years back, but in general idk. they have one of the better encyclopedias of anime credits and it's a convenient way to share news if it doesn't hit your twitter feed from somewhere else. sometimes the reviews or comments are entertaining for reasons good or bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id say common of enthusiast press with the additional caveat of there being a culture over there where they're convinced themselves of being some progressive good in the community, so you get half-informed takes about sexism/transphobia and anyone who critiques said takes must be the Bad Person. granted thats not uncommon with enthusiast press too, waypoint had the same thing going on before it died.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

its just a joke about them reposting jp tabloids that they ran through google translate, something that observably happened, guy who accused me of being a nazi last time i made a joke at a website's expense

lol wtf

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

Never seen Spanish speakers naruto running.

Though maybe that's for lack of Spanish memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv7jJoqEPBU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

I do admit I overreacted to your posts in the past, but I did not call you a Nazi.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Looks like the Honda Super Cub is seeing a popularity explosion in tiny south Asian countries.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It's an extremely popular bike in those nations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Maxwell Adams posted:

Looks like the Honda Super Cub is seeing a popularity explosion in tiny south Asian countries.

dude look at this thing though

it owns

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Grouchio posted:

It's an extremely popular bike in those nations.

It's literally the most popular motorcycle in the world.

That said, the Super Cub anime has unironically gotten me to start researching them so I guess Honda is happy.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Koguma's becoming a bit of a rebel now that she's a biker. Next thing you know, she'll be leading a gang of Cub riders into a small town in the Midwest and take it over to spring Reiko out of jail. :holy:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Koguma by the end of the manga:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

shame they cut out the fight scene that was supposed to take place during the travelling this ep

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Davincie posted:

shame they cut out the fight scene that was supposed to take place during the traveling this ep
Maybe they will bring it in at a later point in the story, not that it matters much since the guy was an rear end and unlikely to be seen again anyway.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'd buy a Super Cub if it wasn't for the fact I need the exercise cycling gives. Also I think its too dangerous during the winter here.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Well you can go anywhere on a Super Cub.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Super Cub episode 4, or cute girls doing oil changes. This is the most chill motorcycle commercial ever. I don't get why the two schools need to hire a motorcycle courier to take documents back and forth every day though. Seems inefficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

StandardVC10 posted:

Super Cub episode 4, or cute girls doing oil changes. This is the most chill motorcycle commercial ever. I don't get why the two schools need to hire a motorcycle courier to take documents back and forth every day though. Seems inefficient.

They don't need to, they both have fax machines. They want to.