Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.random
May 7, 2007

I am not defending OA fwiw. Pretty neutral. Have agreed with his reads. Can confirm he played like this when we were scum bros, but that doesn’t mean much since I have 0 other history with him, which is why I’ve asked about others’ meta experience with him.

And again, my vote on ilmucche was about a different post than Grandi; they just happened back to back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

.random posted:

I am not defending OA fwiw. Pretty neutral. Have agreed with his reads. Can confirm he played like this when we were scum bros, but that doesn’t mean much since I have 0 other history with him, which is why I’ve asked about others’ meta experience with him.

And again, my vote on ilmucche was about a different post than Grandi; they just happened back to back.

my meta read of OA is someone who earnestly wants to find scum, comments on things in thread, and posts pretty decent cases when he gets a ping

didn't see any of that in Stargate, gave him the benefit of the doubt, he won. not letting that happen here!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dy. posted:

So re: hammertime. This happened in very short order:

Hal - the only mention I see of Solus from you is a post where you are defending his shot. What's the deal? Can you explain the mentality behind your switch?

My mentality was the it was only a few minutes or something to deadline and that seemed to be the only option to prevent a NL. I didn’t particularly think Solus was scummy but it’s not like he was confirmed town today me either

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

My mentality was the it was only a few minutes or something to deadline and that seemed to be the only option to prevent a NL. I didn’t particularly think Solus was scummy but it’s not like he was confirmed town today me either

you weren't exactly around at EoD trying kick up dust though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

my meta read of OA is someone who earnestly wants to find scum, comments on things in thread, and posts pretty decent cases when he gets a ping

didn't see any of that in Stargate, gave him the benefit of the doubt, he won. not letting that happen here!

Hmmm is that really his meta? Genuinely don’t know.

I don’t find him overly scummy this game but I agree with the general conceit that he’s not scumhunting very hard this game. I actually think his play has been similar to SNG thus far

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I haven't really paid any attention to OA since I looked him over on Day 1 and didn't really see anything. I'll take a fresh looksie for you Sandwolf.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Guys it’s SNG, read his posts from yesterday, he jumps on the solus case based on opinion that he was bad for town because he made one random shot D1. He also had some weird theory that it was a possible bus against Grandicap or that scum would happily randomly bus a teammate. We only had solus’ word that he used an RNG to pick targets, it’s completely pointless waffle to justify his vote. Does he still think Grandi is scum?

He then spends the rest of the day attacking me for calling him out, and defending the solus case. No other scum hunting...

And what does he kick off D2 with?

sandnavyguy posted:

##vote Sandwolf

After the Solus flip in light of him being town, Sandwolf actions are scummy to me. They were on board with Solus being scum leaning, and was actively thinking Solus was an issue, but then when there started to actually be a push for him to get voted, he changed his views that suddenly oh no he must be town. Based on his thought process pattern and the timing of his tune change, I think he knew Solus would get voted and decided to fall back and let us vote for him, then shake his head at all of us who did vote.
His primary reason is apparently he feels that Solus’ return seemed genuine and townlike, but I disagree, it was a null action at best, there was literally no other way to turn the tide of the vote regardless of alignment, and saying “yep I’m convinced he must be town” reads to me as too easy a persuauion for normally cautious Town-Wolf.

So SNG is now convinced sandwolf is scum, a player that’s been tunnelling me super hard. He then flips to this:

sandnavyguy posted:

In essence, it comes off that OA knew the flip was going to be town, and thus didn’t put in effort to stop it but instead handwring so they can come back after the flip with a gotcha and say they knew where everything was going all along and what fools we are.

So for pretty much the same reasoning as sandwolf he still thinks I am also scum, so either he thinks sandwolf is hard busing me or he’s full of poo poo.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

you weren't exactly around at EoD trying kick up dust though

Middle of the work day where I live so I was as present as I could be I guess.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Guys it’s SNG, read his posts from yesterday, he jumps on the solus case based on opinion that he was bad for town because he made one random shot D1. He also had some weird theory that it was a possible bus against Grandicap or that scum would happily randomly bus a teammate. We only had solus’ word that he used an RNG to pick targets, it’s completely pointless waffle to justify his vote. Does he still think Grandi is scum?

He then spends the rest of the day attacking me for calling him out, and defending the solus case. No other scum hunting...

And what does he kick off D2 with?

So SNG is now convinced sandwolf is scum, a player that’s been tunnelling me super hard. He then flips to this:

So for pretty much the same reasoning as sandwolf he still thinks I am also scum, so either he thinks sandwolf is hard busing me or he’s full of poo poo.

I think this is decent

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

I push OA all day and nothing, mucche makes one (two?) posts that aren’t even bad and gets as many votes just as quickly.

I’m not voting mucche.

Maybe it’s because your case isn’t at all compelling? You really think at this early stage in the game I’m being kept alive by my scum buddies?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Insandenza posted:

Middle of the work day where I live so I was as present as I could be I guess.

Actually I am confused. It was dinner time where I live not work time. My mistake! Either way I wasn’t in my late night free time zone

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

why can't SNG be suspicious that you're scum and that I'm scum?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hal Insandenza posted:

Who exactly was your preferred target? I don't really see advocate anyone on Day 1 aside from a pretty weak vote on Grandicap.

I get voting to avoid a NL. But I also don't really see you make any effort to execute anyone else besides the guy you thought was probably town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Maybe it’s because your case isn’t at all compelling? You really think at this early stage in the game I’m being kept alive by my scum buddies?

I think they're doing a lot in the margins to keep pressure off you, kinda like what happened at EoD with Solus yesterday in reverse. there, enough people posted "yeah I guess i'd vote solus" that by EoD three votes can drop in 3 minutes and no one thinks anything of it

here, enough people post "eh I don't see the case on OA/OA is neutral to me" no one will actually give it any time of day

my case probably isn't compelling, but the amount of people who have merely said "null" is bad and it allows people to later come "eh I don't see it"

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

lol I think those were my exact words

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

OA has basically spent the game exclusively tunneled on SNG (who I probably should also pay more attention to). I think on one hand, the extent to which he is ignoring the game outside of SNG is scummy. It seems like an easy/lazy scum strategy to just hop on one dude and ride it out. On the other hand, his posting feels honest. I get the sense that he believes what he says.

Worth paying attention to but not enough for me to hop onboard.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

ilmucche posted:

early reads
got some town vibes from dy. though I don't reeeally know why but this seems phrased weird to me

toalpaz has barely posted all this game

Sal is claiming VT, I think this is important to remember later on?

AT low is doing their wall of sound text thing again. it feels pretty town

binus seems to be contributing and actually writing up cases which is nice

this post from AT-LOW seems pretty suspect to me

normally they're pretty on the ball with big posts and stuff but to miss the point on we don't know vig alignment is a simple thing for them to miss.

though later on they cotton on with a reread of the rules i guess that's cool

steak has been doing some white noising. yes i see that irony that i'm pointing this out. they're leaning into a bit of chaos posting

I get the impression people are confusing me with merk again. we don't even have the same avatars anymore :(

the b-minus style of fact stating is starting to grow on my, but I don't agree with this post

and this is a bad post

I'm getting the impression that one of AT-LOW or dy. are scum. Steak is all over, which I think is their game.
also

you're more than welcome to try the action if you want. I can't tell you what it does.

I guess I've got solus for their RNG excuse for firing a shot, one of dy. or at-low, steak is looking scummy to me as well, as they also kind of latch on to other people's arguments? Toal being a heavy lurker and distant in their posting is something I'm noting, but not super pinged about.

most everyone else I can't really read at the moment.

Going through some posts, it feels weird to me to call Toal out for not posting and not Sal here.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

why can't SNG be suspicious that you're scum and that I'm scum?

He can, that’s why I had that first option. Personally though I think it shows that he isn’t really thinking about the implications of his manufactured cases. I even asked him if he thinks you are hard busing me and he hasn’t answered.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I think both of you are scummy, I just think you are more so. So, imo, either sand is hard bussing, or one of you is town, so I’m voting where I see the most scum tells. That would be you at the moment.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I like somber for town and dy for scum. That's my participation merk.

CCKeane posted:

Going through some posts, it feels weird to me to call Toal out for not posting and not Sal here.

wtf a valid point from the scummy scum scum keane

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

ObamaAkbar. posted:

He can, that’s why I had that first option. Personally though I think it shows that he isn’t really thinking about the implications of his manufactured cases. I even asked him if he thinks you are hard busing me and he hasn’t answered.

Sorry I’m a slow typer :v:

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

##vote Hal Incandenza

When I read his posts I don't see any kind of motivation to try to figure out who the scum are.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

dy. posted:

##vote Hal Incandenza

When I read his posts I don't see any kind of motivation to try to figure out who the scum are.

a perfect town hal read, :discourse:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’m getting nostalgia from worm Mafia where sandwolf tunnelled me all D1 until I was lunched. After the last game I’m surprised I wasn’t turboed D1

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

I know the meta on Hal is that he doesn't try and I remember it particularly well.

I played a game with him a while back which sticks out in my memory because it was probably the best town game I've played. At the end of the game I had to pick between Hal and Amnistar in 3-man lylo. All of my suspicions on Hal were based on him playing from the background and kind of going along with things, and he was in fact town in that game, and I correctly chose Amnistar and rode off into the sunset victorious. I remember how he played that game, and this game feels different.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

Sorry I’m a slow typer :v:

That wasn’t the first time I asked this particular question, strange of you not to read the posts of a player you apparently think is scummy

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Point to where I said I knew solus was town after the flip. I said it was a poo poo case and you’ve already quoted one post of mine saying I didn’t like it, how is that me ‘on the fence’? The fact you jumped on it in such a scummy way solidified it for me tbh.

Here’s a question for you though, do you think sandwolf is hard busing me or is your case against him BS too?

##vote SNG

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Also I tried to read SNG and I don't know if it's his writing style or what but I can't understand anything he's saying and it's really loving up my ability to read him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’m getting nostalgia from worm Mafia where sandwolf tunnelled me all D1 until I was lunched. After the last game I’m surprised I wasn’t turboed D1

I kept hoping you'd say this D1 so I could literally cite to the post I made in Stargate where I said "Congrats, you are now a mafia veteran, time for your turbo next game"

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

also this is lazy

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Alright so I just had a read through of a bunch of people here’s what I’ve determined

Sandwolf town
Obama town
Toal town
Sng town
Sal town

Here’s my top scum picks in no particular order
Grandicap af low merk Philip j fry

Null
Hal
Keane
Solus
Random
Dy

Wondering about Grand or Fry. Hmm.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I think mucche's posts kind of give me the same brain fuzz as SNG's. A lot of white noise and I can't really build a mental picture of his thinking. Something about it rings less authentic than OA though.

ilmucche posted:

early reads
got some town vibes from dy. though I don't reeeally know why but this seems phrased weird to me

I'm getting the impression that one of AT-LOW or dy. are scum.
I'm confused here. These two statements are in the same post.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

dy. posted:

I think mucche's posts kind of give me the same brain fuzz as SNG's. A lot of white noise and I can't really build a mental picture of his thinking. Something about it rings less authentic than OA though.

Yeah, I think that's where I'm ending up. It doesn't feel like it's coming from the angle I'd expect town to approach things? IDK.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dy. posted:

That's a stream of conciousness post. I type out my thoughts as i go then just slam them into a post

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Don't like this interaction at all. Less Toalp, but Solus jumping on it, they are trying to swerve mindset away from town stuff. Sorry 1,1 crew, I have to leave Fry and vote Solus now.

##vote Solus

I don't like this post by Grand, because it feels really manufactured - like, I feel like "Voting Solus for a bullshit vig" is clear and fine! I thought it was scummy! I voted Solus for it! But here we have a shift from that into something based on what feels like a clear joke?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Two prongs on the solus case:
1) How they chose the vig shot shields them from any introspection on how the shot was chosen. By leaving it to randomness he can't be blamed if he shoots a townie because lol random. The hip shot part doesn't come into it at all for me, just the target choice (even leaving aside the fact that I know the target was town)
2) How he followed Toalps comment on the possibility of no scum or a 3p only setup.

So Grand brings it up again here! It feels weird!!!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

So Grand brings it up again here! It feels weird!!!

I brought it up again because I thought it was a prong of my push.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

ilmucche posted:

That's a stream of conciousness post. I type out my thoughts as i go then just slam them into a post
Can you try to give me a few opinions that like, reflect more long-term, holistic thinking? It's really hard to judge someone by a jumble of stream-of-consciousness lines that conflict with each other.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

Can you try to give me a few opinions that like, reflect more long-term, holistic thinking? It's really hard to judge someone by a jumble of stream-of-consciousness lines that conflict with each other.

I don't think this is the kinda post scum make, dy. is probably town

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dy. posted:

ilmucche posted:

I'm willing to come back to SNG for this post

This as well after the flip

Like someone having scum leanings on a player is valid reason to vote for them, but SNG was saying they're leaning solus and then goes after sandwolf for... backing out?

Keane which mystery role did you get?

Where are toalpaz and hal??

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

aw you are so sweet and also correct