Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1392611938983632896?s=20

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1392612520070979589?s=20

lol SpaceBump please make fun of him on CyberDust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/SmithRaps/status/1392587479258177542

drat the Rockford homies won't be able to see VanVleet

I was kinda hoping that the Raptors would dress the full lineup and try to eliminate the Bulls. Maybe once they lose and clinch their spot in the standings they can instead put the Bulls into the playoffs by knocking out the Pacers on the final day.

Mostly just want that positive point differential back.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I see Mark is trying to stop the free fall of the stock price.

Wait until he learns no one cares about him

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

i know its dumb to gleefully await the crash of these valueless idiocies but they wont ever crash. the pyramid scheme will just keep sucking in more and more idiots from reddit because of posts like "bought my first house because of dogecoin" cuz the Real Economy works for no one but the already rich

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Appreciate the Boltzmann brain reference .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cuban obv not a fan of the labor theory of value

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I suppose I could just check this myself but do the Mavs actually list prices in crypto or do you buy whatever the USD equivalent is at the point of sale

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ammanas posted:

itll be loving awesome and im all in one play-in viewing. you a fool if you miss that poo poo

vilify it all you want playoff chaos rules

I would also be very happy if the Grizzlies did not have to play the play-in tournament.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dutchy posted:

I suppose I could just check this myself but do the Mavs actually list prices in crypto or do you buy whatever the USD equivalent is at the point of sale

The merch only lists in USD but I don’t think it’s even possible to have a consistent Bitcoin price.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

this poo poo sucks

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Do you mean the the 4 2020 draft pick young guys or do you mean hamadu diallo Josh Jackson etc?

Because I can see another team signing hamadu this offseason and Josh Jackson might be going just because it's pretty clear that at best he's a bench gunner and he's really not that great at that.

I was talking about the draft picks. I think Josh is going to end up being used in a trade and he knows it. Diallo is tough to nail down because Troy specifically went after him. They bring more energy than the old vets Van Gundy was bringing in, but it's because they're all projects who know Detroit is the only team willing to take a flyer on them.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

The merch only lists in USD but I don’t think it’s even possible to have a consistent Bitcoin price.

Yeah I figured. I don't know anything about finance and investment and poo poo but just purely as a Currency Of The Future I think an important step would be being able to tell me how much a hoodie costs

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

MourningView posted:

how hard can it be to beat a team that plays emmanuel mudiay 25 minutes

Whenever Mudiay comes up I remember Jason Kidd saying Mudiay would end up better than Kidd himself. And this holds true if we're talking about being a good husband

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
This is awesome. KAT telling Ant he's going to get him Popeyes for being +30. "Get you them fries, boy!"

https://streamable.com/71f1cl

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Yoshi Wins posted:

I have to post a picture of that Harry Caray statue for people who've never seen it, because it is honestly extremely difficult to exaggerate how insane and creepy it is. I have no idea what is broken in that sculptor's brain, but he should probably not be trusted around sharp objects or human beings.

They're just writhing out of the ether under him, like Botlzmann brains that spawned in a state of agony. WHY ARE THEY THERE AT ALL??

Caray was Shang Tsung all along

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Zogo posted:

AAU Player Hansel Emmanuel Is Taking His Game To New Heights Despite Missing Arm
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/05/09/hansel-emmanuel-taking-game-new-heights-missing-arm/

Yeah but what's his wingspan

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

sorry

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

The Cuban dogecoin poo poo is embarrassing, gently caress off Mark

Good news is Tingus Pingus is back for tonight's game

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I like Trae young and don't care for Devin Booker.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

big boi posted:

Yeah but what's his wingspan

:captainpop:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status/1392663738826772480?s=20

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I like Trae young

My son is pure and people need to stop running into his back

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Views: The Nets are really good and any playoff series they're in should be fun to watch

Vinestalk posted:

I was talking about the draft picks. I think Josh is going to end up being used in a trade and he knows it. Diallo is tough to nail down because Troy specifically went after him. They bring more energy than the old vets Van Gundy was bringing in, but it's because they're all projects who know Detroit is the only team willing to take a flyer on them.

I don't understand your thinking, then. Bey might top out as an okay starter on a decent team, Stewart as a good backup c, and hayes as an okay starter, how does that put their future on another team?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

This is one hell of a play.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1392695474067415044?s=19

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I thought the Cavs signed Varejao so he could retire in a Cavs jersey. They actually gave him minutes.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Views: The Nets are really good and any playoff series they're in should be fun to watch

I don't understand your thinking, then. Bey might top out as an okay starter on a decent team, Stewart as a good backup c, and hayes as an okay starter, how does that put their future on another team?

Either one of two things happens:

1. One or more of those players has a breakout season where they really exceed expectations and they're traded
2. They're bad enough to the point where they don't have any future even on Detroit, so they get waived or packaged for second round picks

Maybe I'm just jaded but how often have players drafted together stayed together for more than their rookie extension?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

I feel like this worked just from the sheer unmitigated gall that he tried it.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

cisneros posted:

Why did the NBA pretend that they didn't use zones for years anyway? they would call an illegal defense at the start of the game, and then proceed to never call it again

They don't play a zone here. They do that dumb trap poo poo which is as close to a zone as you can get* (I also think it's terrible defense, you have to commit two defenders to a guy 30 feet from the basket that wasn't going to shoot even if you left him open) and they give up a technical freethrow (maybe two) for it which means it's at least the second call of the game and they stopped doing it.

*Technically zones weren't straight up illegal. But offensive players could force you to move out of the area if they don't like where you're playing. The big constraints were being forced above the freethrow line and being forced to stay on the same side of the court as the guy you're guarding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m3Ab7UzetA

I really like this clip because it's a good example of both of these. On the first possession you see Mourning walk past the three point line and point at his defender; he needs to move above the freethrow line or he's illegal. Next possession Jordan goes to post up Bogues and Parish doesn't follow his man through, he's on the wrong side of the court so he gets called for illegal defense. They had to put in an illegal offense rule to prevent stacking your whole team on the weak side above the three point line to make the game 1v1.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I feel like this worked just from the sheer unmitigated gall that he tried it.

This is pretty much THT's game: unmitigated gall.

Bashez posted:

They don't play a zone here. They do that dumb trap poo poo which is as close to a zone as you can get* (I also think it's terrible defense, you have to commit two defenders to a guy 30 feet from the basket that wasn't going to shoot even if you left him open) and they give up a technical freethrow (maybe two) for it which means it's at least the second call of the game and they stopped doing it.

*Technically zones weren't straight up illegal. But offensive players could force you to move out of the area if they don't like where you're playing. The big constraints were being forced above the freethrow line and being forced to stay on the same side of the court as the guy you're guarding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m3Ab7UzetA

I really like this clip because it's a good example of both of these. On the first possession you see Mourning walk past the three point line and point at his defender; he needs to move above the freethrow line or he's illegal. Next possession Jordan goes to post up Bogues and Parish doesn't follow his man through, he's on the wrong side of the court so he gets called for illegal defense. They had to put in an illegal offense rule to prevent stacking your whole team on the weak side above the three point line to make the game 1v1.

:rolleyes:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
They definitely used to call it and holy hell it made games unwatchable and frustrating. I stopped watching from around the time in Bashez's clip until 2005-2006. Illegal defense whistles were unbearable.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1392506543434649601?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
This is a fun little video. They talk about Steve Smith's hesitation, Marbury's low center of gravity, Dirk's fadeaway, and Hakeem's footwork.

https://twitter.com/BallySportsNO/status/1392644920410845188?s=20

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Rob Williams next to KD and AD. I can dig it.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

It was very nice of the Jazz to help Portland stay out of the play in games and help push the fraudulent Lakers into the play-in games because LeBron was so against it but if anything he should be thrilled because the NBA media machine needs more Lakers and Warriors games to broadcast to assist with revenue.

The Jazz are heroes in my eyes.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Starting to get kinda worried that Mitchell either won't be able to come back or is going to be limited when he does come back

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lakers are going to tank into the 8 seed and sweep the Jazz and it's gonna loving suck poo poo

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i hope this man dominates the nba playoffs

ESPN posted:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/CoverStory-May2021/joel-embiid-means-business?linkId=118634465
BACK HOME IN Philadelphia, Embiid's 6-month-old son, Arthur, woke up from a deep sleep around the same time his dad hit the ground in agony.

"Arthur sleeps through the night, every night," says his mother, Anne de Paula. "But he woke up crying hysterically, almost like he had a nightmare."

She'd been watching the game upstairs, cringing as the man she loved lay on the court in pain, when she heard Arthur crying on a monitor.

"They are like best friends," she says. "When Arthur sees him, there is no one else in the room. It is the most beautiful thing ever.

"It almost felt like, with their connection, Arthur sensed something was going on."

Embiid checked the baby monitor on his phone as soon as he went into the locker room and saw that Arthur had woken up.

He named his son as a way to honor his younger brother, Arthur, who was killed in a car crash in Cameroon shortly after Embiid was drafted at No. 3 in 2014. They'd been close growing up, despite their seven-year age difference. Arthur was just 13 when he died. Embiid hadn't seen him in four years.

"What I remember from him the most was how great of a person he was, even at his age," Embiid says. "He used to take stuff from the house and go help people around the neighborhood. People that didn't have anything. ... So when I found out [de Paula was having a boy], I just knew his first name was going to be Arthur."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Poque posted:

Lakers are going to tank into the 8 seed and sweep the Jazz and it's gonna loving own

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Stevie Lee posted:

i hope this man dominates the nba playoffs

My man got sonned so hard by the Bucks that he's sleepin in their jammies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Caray was Shang Tsung all along

Looks more like some weird Freddy Kruger poo poo to me.

a new study bible! posted:

My man got sonned so hard by the Bucks that he's sleepin in their jammies.

He's just teaching his son that deer are nothing to fear.