Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

His name is Raymond J. Johnson Jr., and you can call him Ray, or you can call him Jay, or you can call him Ray J., or you can call him RJ, or even RJ Junior, but you doesn't have to call him Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Flannelette posted:

Can someone explain this to me?
Thread in-joke.

Haschel once tried to post a bunch of memes hybridizing the musical Hamilton with the Simpsons and it went over like a lead zeppelin, but shortly thereafter there were a lot of posts regarding Ray Jay Johnson, someone who is very arguably much more annoying and limited than the musical Hamilton in terms of combinatory value.

He's having a good-natured laugh by smartly using combinatory value with a classic Simpsons theme, as is the style of our time.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mind the walrus posted:

Thread in-joke.

Let's be honest, this describes 50% of the thread's content these days

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Rarity posted:

Let's be honest, this describes 50% of the thread's content these days

combinatory value

dollars in dues

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Luckily you don't have to be a Viking to enjoy these Simpsons memes.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:discourse:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

:five: for Democracy Manifest

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Flannelette posted:

Can someone explain this to me?

it’s better not to know

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Facebook

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ghostlight posted:

His name is Raymond J. Johnson Jr., and you can call him Ray, or you can call him Jay, or you can call him Ray J., or you can call him RJ, or even RJ Junior, but you doesn't have to call him Johnson.

That's the worst name I ever heard.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Homer Simpson and the sandwich were in the closet making pukies and I saw one of the pukies and the pukie looked at me!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

loving oof

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/jimprov/status/1392471539510136833

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Android Apocalypse posted:

Luckily you don't have to be a Viking to enjoy these Simpsons memes.

laughed out loud at this

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

This is hilarious, but I'm going to be the buzzkill that reminds folks that the "chess pro who liked to dine and dash" story is not true. He was actually just some guy that was accidentally arrested due to mistaken identity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkQrzgeSnk

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lifespan posted:

This is hilarious, but I'm going to be the buzzkill that reminds folks that the "chess pro who liked to dine and dash" story is not true. He was actually just some guy that was accidentally arrested due to mistaken identity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkQrzgeSnk

Wow that wasn't a buzzkill at all, that was wonderful closure

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ghostlight posted:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That's the worst name I ever heard.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lifespan posted:

Honestly that makes it even better imo. It's one thing if it's the infamous chess pro getting caught after his string of restaurant crimes chewing the scenery but just some random loving guy? Incredible.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Seen in the PYF Recent Purchase thread:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Adidas Flaming Moe's.

No lie, I want a pair.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

goddamn

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Stupid sexy Ian Maxtone-Graham!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

This post made me chuckle and then wonder - has anyone ever done a shop of Van Gogh's self portrait, but it's Hank Scorpio?

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Even Google can't do its job without making Simpsons references. I looked up patching trowel (trying to figure out what the heck it's called in Dutch), and this was the result:

E: the answer appears to be "punttroffel"

Bobstar fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 12, 2021

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Blunder, fired, etc.

e: tbc, I'm pretty sure it's intentional and that's the joke. I'm a viking at spotting these kinds of things.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

He's got Smithers Vitiligo

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

well I just turned on avatars and LISTEN HERE FUCKERS

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Mescal posted: